Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR & 6.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
91.67%
11 91.67%
Kings
8.33%
1 8.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 60: DAL (33-27) @ SAC (25-36) | 106-113 loss
Mavs took 42 Threes and counting... Live by the three, die by the threeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Like Reply
Burke and Green were good tonight, the rest should take a long look in the mirror. I guess Lakers games drained the energy tanks and it might have been wiser to just rest "everyone" in this one. Brunson with just 17 minutes, Kleber obviously hurt. Center line was demolished by Sacramento one.
Like Reply
Would have been better to lose by 30 and rest everyone. Instead, they tried hard, wasted energy, and still lost. 

So much for Powell-sanity. Richaun Holmes pretty much took him out of the game. Holmes is so good...but he doesn't shoot the three so the MBT probably don't care as much for him
Like Reply
(04-26-2021, 11:34 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Holmes is so good.

He should be target 1A or 1B this summer. I lean toward John Collins because he is 23 and Holmes is 27, but Holmes is almost the ideal big for Luka. ELITE pick and roll partner and great switchability on D.
Like Reply
Richaun Holmes played with more energy than our entire starting five 
Can you imagine him playing where something is actually at stake??
Like Reply
I hate this team
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(04-26-2021, 11:34 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: So much for Powell-sanity. Richaun Holmes pretty much took him out of the game. Holmes is so good...but he doesn't shoot the three so the MBT probably don't care as much for him

Never stopped them with Powell, so why would it stop them with Holmes?
Like Reply
Holmes missed the 1st game to injury, and they got beat worse.  The Jekyll and Hyde Mavs.  Beat the Lakers twice, lose to the Kings twice.  Now they get to face the hottest scorer in the league, on a B2B.  Can't trust this team.
Like Reply
GSW has perhaps even easier schedule than Mavs. One game less than Mavs and they play Minny, OKC x 2, NO x 3 and Houston, which could all be easy wins for them. Only Utah, Memphis, Phoenix and Dallas as more difficult ones, so Mavs better win tomorrow.
Like Reply
(04-26-2021, 07:55 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: One thing ab CP3 is that he has worn down at the end of seasons into the playoffs some years. This year lots of players are getting injured with the compressed schedule so it wouldn't shock me if he misses some time during the playoffs.

This is a new team and a different season, and CP3 knows this is probably his last shot at possibly getting to the Finals.  He's not going to sleep on this. I just hope he doesn't get hurt. He's an all-time great PG.
Like Reply
Mavs lose to a bad team playing the second of a back to back with their best player out of the game, their second best player on minutes restriction, and their third best player sidelined with an injury partway through. It’s inexplicable.  Luka looked slowed by something and could not create any space to operate.  THJ was awful. Melli was a bust.  Brunson hardly played.  Powell didn’t play much either.  Boban feasted in the first half and then I don’t even remember seeing him in the second. WTH is that logic?  DFS ended up playing the 4 quite a bit, and he’s terrible at that position. It’s like everyone was just trying to lose.  Completely mystifying.
Like Reply
The Mavs cannot come out so flat, falling down 20-3 and expect to win a game.

Terrible performance. 

THJ deserved to be sat the whole game like Maxi. His defensive effort was appalling. Josh Green played better. 

If it wasn't for Burke the game would've been a blowout. 

Luka also came out and played so nonchalantly. Obvious he was saving himself for tomorrow.

What's so frustrating is that the game was right there.  I really hope Carlisle grows some balls and benches THJ for the next 2 weeks.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-25-2021, 10:03 PM)mtrot Wrote: This game will be very hard to win.  I hope the boys understand that, going in.  They will need to demonstrate an intensity and effort equal to or greater than the great effort they've shown the last couple games.  WCS and Powell should be able to do some work if RC turns them loose.

Called it.
Like Reply