Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Record Prediction Thread! Where Will Mavs Rank After First Month?
Ain't no easy wins.  Who told ya'll that?
Like Reply
(10-19-2019, 12:07 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: The Mavs need to avoid loses against the weaker teams. They cannot afford to lose against teams like the Suns or Hawks like they did last year.
Nevertheless I expect them to lose at least one of the game against the Cavalers, Suns, Knicks, Grizzlies, Magic or Wizards.

I also think that the Mavs win at least two of the home games against the Spurs, GS, Raptors, LA and Portland. Road games will be tough.
Overall I go with 8-10 wins.

That's what I came here to say. I know we don't match up well with the Suns, but it's putrid to let a team with one good player beat you. And losing to Atlanta.  Dodgy

If we can beat the bad teams, we can make the playoffs. I think we should be 10-6 after this stretch.  If we're not, we probably aren't a playoff team.
Like Reply
(10-21-2019, 07:12 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Ain't no easy wins.  Who told ya'll that?
Cowherd was saying it on his show the other day... Tongue
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1187260092858753026
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
They definitely looked "That Good"
Like Reply
(10-18-2019, 11:24 PM)MrGoat Wrote: I say 9-7, maybe 10-6. I won't go game by game because there will likely be some surprises, we'll beat someone or two we don't expect to beat and we'll probably blow at least one of those four games against New York and Cleveland. How well we shoot on a given night will be important because I still don't trust our defense even after those last two preseason games

Called this one early. We've already beaten Denver on the road and now lost to New York at home. Just take this as context when overreacting to single game results as the season goes. I might up our expectation to 11-5 though because the West looks weaker than I thought it would be
Like Reply
Bumping this thread! 

Lets see who had the best predictions! 

I was wrong about the Laker game, both Knick games, the Denver game, GSW and Houston. 

But for the first time in forever I was actually correct in my predictions (that's a new one!)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(10-18-2019, 07:29 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: I say 13-3, 12-4 possibly all depending on that last game vs Rox.  I think Rox will struggle for many reasons so win that game and its 13-3.

Well I missed it by 2.  Had they won the early Portland game (L 121-119) and the 2nd Knicks game (L 106-103) I’d be right.

Mavs really have something with Doncic.  This is going to speed up the need to surround him with quality role players.  You also have what I’ve always felt is a top 5 coach maybe top 3.  Gonna be a fun ride this year and many years after.
Like Reply