Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt RAPTOR favs & 2.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
4 50.00%
Nuggets
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17: DEN (10-7) @ DAL (8-9) | 113-117 loss
Really worried about Maxi right now.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 09:43 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: This is why I dislike single game +/-'s

11 of Brunson's minus minutes came when he was with JJ. I thought Brunson played well offensively but defensively was getting picked on and punished for the most part. But my observation on JJ is based on watching him the whole season. Just think he is a huge liability to this team in extended minutes.
Like Reply
70 pts is too much to give up in a half, and it's Luka and nobody else helping him.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 09:44 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: WCS barely missed out on the Tony Snell award. 2pts 1 ast 3 fouls in 12 minutes.

But at least the Mavs mostly held their own defensively when he was playing. He is not in top form right now and seems to be going through a funk, but I swear he is still a much better option than JJ.
Like Reply
Watching the halftime highlights and since he doesn't dunk a lot, I'm guessing Luka has the more dunks against Denver than any other team.
Like Reply
Wish Carlisle wouldn´t always go back to the veterans, when he´s desperate. Can Bey really play any worse than Iwundu? Green wasn´t even worse than Iwundu and he´s still the one getting the DNP.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 09:51 PM)Kammrath Wrote: But at least the Mavs mostly held their own defensively when he was playing. He is not in top form right now and seems to be going through a funk, but I swear he is still a much better option than JJ.

Watch how Denver double teams when WCS is on the floor.  He's such an liability on the offensive side and this isn't a great matchup for him defensively as Joker can just body him.  We just don't have great options right now.

My boy Will Barton is out sucking every Mav tonight though.
Like Reply
Love that KP and Luka seem to be slowly but surely getting better in the pick and ROLL (not pop) together. MUCH needed.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 09:57 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Love that KP and Luka seem to be slowly but surely getting better in the pick and ROLL together. MUCH needed.

Its been biggest change from last year I've noticed. That PnR action with Luka and KP looks so smoooooooooooooth
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
That layup attempt by WCS was something else.
Like Reply
Jokic is this slow motion fat dough boy that just walks (not runs) and drops 40 on you
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
KP needs to box out.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 09:51 PM)Kammrath Wrote: But at least the Mavs mostly held their own defensively when he was playing. He is not in top form right now and seems to be going through a funk, but I swear he is still a much better option than JJ.

I like the idea of what WCS could be. Thing is that he hasn´t been that in the last few games. The Mavs don´t have the time to wait for WCS to finally figure it out. The Kings did that and he never delivered.
Single game +/- can be really misleading. So far WCS has been a liability on offense and not a difference maker on defense. I am not blaming Johnson because he is on the floor when the Nuggets bench goes 6/9 from 3. He made some good plays.

Problem with both Johnson and WCS is rebounding. Johnson (just like Kleber) is going to challenge shots at all costs and doesn´t box out. WCS is getting bullied by guards and wings.
Nuggets have 11 OREB. WCS has 1 in 15min. Johnson 0 in 16 min.
Like Reply
Good D WCS.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 10:04 PM)cow Wrote: Good D WCS.

back to back to back best defensive possessions of the game so far
Like Reply
DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! 

Liking the energy....so much better. Win or lose, please play like this!
Like Reply
WLLL THE THRILL BABY
Like Reply
THJ pads his stats with the OREB!

Also is it just me or does Burke just miss wide open threes. And is actually better the more he's guarded
Like Reply
Toss him, you can't do that.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 10:10 PM)cow Wrote: Toss him, you can't do that.

Yeah that's d i r t y
Like Reply