Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt RAPTOR favs & 2.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
4 50.00%
Nuggets
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17: DEN (10-7) @ DAL (8-9) | 113-117 loss
Heart 
[Image: EsbgzxzVEAEUeAg?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
[Image: KPO7AMHIJ5K2OHIJCWNMOD46X4.jpg]
Like Reply
I am optimistic about this one.
Like Reply
‘Monday’ starts with the letter ‘M’

So does ‘Must win game’

Coincidence? I think not. Must win game.
Like Reply
(01-24-2021, 08:12 PM)DrMav Wrote: ‘Monday’ starts with the letter ‘M’

So does ‘Must win game’

This is my new favorite bit. It's even better than @"IamDougieFresh"'s "Powell is trash" bit, and that's saying something. Keep it up, my guy!
Like Reply
Mavs opened 2.0 pt favs in Vegas....already changed 3.0 pts where the Mavs are now 1.0 pt underdogs. I have never seen the Mavs so much disliked by the money like this season.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/13...3848257537
Like Reply
Must win game
Like Reply
When does the injury report come out? Any chance Richardson is back tonight?
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 09:36 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Any chance Richardson is back tonight?

It was already reported he is out
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 09:47 AM)omahen Wrote: It was already reported he is out

[Image: tenor.gif]
Like Reply
(01-24-2021, 08:20 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Mavs opened 2.0 pt favs in Vegas....already changed 3.0 pts where the Mavs are now 1.0 pt underdogs. I have never seen the Mavs so much disliked by the money like this season.

Mavs sans 4 core rotation players are just a huge question mark every night. Vegas ironically doesn't like variability, so it doesn't surprise me the Mavs are consistently the dogs so far. 

I'm hoping we get into stride after our guys come back healthy.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-24-2021, 08:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is my new favorite bit. It's even better than @"IamDougieFresh"'s "Powell is trash" bit, and that's saying something. Keep it up, my guy!

Defense starts with D

Dwight starts with D

Coincidence? I think so. DNP starts with D tho.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 10:51 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Vegas ironically doesn't like variability, so it doesn't surprise me the Mavs are consistently the dogs so far. 

But that's the thing. Vegas has consistently set the line with the MAVS as the favorites and it is the money and the bettors that keep moving the line away from the Mavs. That is what is shocking me. I am surprised that the Vegas line setters have continued to see the Mavs so favorably amidst all the craziness.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 11:58 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I am surprised that the Vegas line setters have continued to see the Mavs so favorably amidst all the craziness.

Doncic + Carlisle = a team professional handicappers like, I suppose.
Like Reply
[Image: EsmZBGCXAAAsMBX?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...0273976327
Like Reply
(01-24-2021, 08:12 PM)DrMav Wrote: ‘Monday’ starts with the letter ‘M’

So does ‘Must win game’

Murder and Massacre too which is what Denver is going to do to us.
Like Reply
How to prevent this Murder and Massacre? 

We need inside defenders, to cope with Jokic. Thats the key to win. One big is not going to make it. Expect WCS to get bullied. Jokic has a very low centre of gravity and a lot of force. WCS doesnt stand a chance essentially. He struggled with Cousins, and will even more perhaps with Jokic. 

But I do believe Bobi can make some trouble for him actually. I would like to see how Bobi can do against the Joker. They are both huge, and do not have the quickness and speed. Jokic is obviously bit quicker, but Bobi has clear height advantage. Jokic has it easiest with light weight bigs, and WCS fits this to the point.  Id also put in JJ as he can play D next to Bobi. At least JJ can shoot from outside and spread, while Luka can operate with Bobi inside. 

I would keep Luka-Brunson pairing. They play so great together, that I am considering that this might even be better than Luka-JRich, at least in the long run. 

Starting lineup for tonight: 

Luka
Brunson
THJ 
JJ
Bobi 

Scale down significantly on playing Green. Instead bring in Tyler Bey on the wing. Bring in Terry more and get some plays for him, off the ball, I have a feeling he can shoot lights out. He is the player you set the screen for and see if he can make those shots in the nBA. He seems to as someone perhaps with more potential off the ball, catch and shoot for easy points. 

So from the bench I would rely a lot tonight on WCS, Tyler Bey, Terry, Iwundu while I would play Green and Hinton way less.

EDIT: Is KP not playing? If so I would start KP and Bobi, instead of KP/JJ. They would make it hard for the Joker.
Like Reply
Bobi has a tough time with these teams playing 5 out.

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/13...76/photo/1
Like Reply
Luka, Brunson, THJ, WCS, KP - I like it.
Like Reply