Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt RAPTOR favs & 2.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
4 50.00%
Nuggets
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17: DEN (10-7) @ DAL (8-9) | 113-117 loss
(01-26-2021, 12:29 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I too have started to wonder this. But here are the numbers of their pairing:

2020-21: 150 mins, Offense 110.2, Defense 105.3, Net +4.9

2019-20: 1154 mins, Offense 115.8, Defense 110.9, Net +5.0

For all of the uncertainty that is pretty solid. Those numbers encourage me AND I feel like the pick and ROLL (not pop) has been much better between them the last few games....I just wish they did it MORE. I just don't know how much KP likes rolling...?

That is a hidden stat...you give Luka just about anyone that is better than average the the pairing will look good and maybe even better. 

KP is shooting 59% on 2 pointers yet that is not the biggest part of his game. He has a tendency to be too perimeter oriented on the 3 point line. He can be much better if he focused on the midrange.

My other issue with KP is that he does not have an offensive identify. I assume its to be a stretch 5 big but is he really a stretch 5 shooting 32% from the 3point line.
Like Reply
(01-26-2021, 01:57 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: I assume its to be a stretch 5 big but is he really a stretch 5 shooting 32% from the 3point line.

Yes he is, because no one dares leaving him open. The defense is honest on him. Biggest issue he has is not be able to punish small guys when they are guarding him.
Like Reply
(01-26-2021, 01:59 AM)omahen Wrote: Yes he is, because no one dares leaving him open. The defense is honest on him. Biggest issue he has is not be able to punish small guys when they are guarding him.

That is an issue but is erratic shooting is also an issue but I will defer to you and agree that the biggest issue is KP's inability to consistently attack mismatches with smaller defenders. 

I am not sure if he will ever have that skillset.
Like Reply
(01-26-2021, 01:36 AM)cow Wrote: [Image: EGYJYWFXkAAWwZN.jpg]

Kind of looks like LeBron too.  Trade for LeBron, Donnie!
That's Sidney Wicks. Played for Portland in the early to late 70's
Like Reply
(01-26-2021, 02:04 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: That is an issue but is erratic shooting is also an issue but I will defer to you and agree that the biggest issue is KP's inability to consistently attack mismatches with smaller defenders. 

I am not sure if he will ever have that skillset.

KP would give biggest advantage to Mavs if he would be able to force the opponents to put their centers on him. This would create the true mismatches. But everyone has figured out he can't punish small guys so they just put a wing on him making his life difficult on the three point line. Center is guarding least dangerous shooter and cloggs the lane.
Like Reply
Dirk infamously also had problems punishing smaller defenders in the first half of his career. KP of course is not Dirk and never will be, but he at least is going to have to figure out how to reliably score on smaller defenders to the point that it's not a good defensive strategy.
Like Reply