Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
So are we coming to the conclusion that Giannis is signing the Supermax because of the tweet that he’s flying back to Mil? Cause that Jackie MacMullan thing with Bill Simmons was on 11/24, and the news that they were losing optimism was on 11/25. It doesn’t seem like anything has really changed other than he’s coming back today (I actually thought he was initially expected to come back Saturday so if anything he’s a day late).

I mean, human nature would probably lead him to sign the Supermax to get the money and deal with any issues down the line so it’s still the most likely, but I can’t find any info anywhere else that seems updated on this. Am I missing something?
Like Reply
(11-29-2020, 06:17 PM)DrMav Wrote: So are we coming to the conclusion that Giannis is signing the Supermax because of the tweet that he’s flying back to Mil? Cause that Jackie MacMullan thing with Bill Simmons was on 11/24, and the news that they were losing optimism was on 11/25. It doesn’t seem like anything has really changed other than he’s coming back today (I actually thought he was initially expected to come back Saturday so if anything he’s a day late).

I mean, human nature would probably lead him to sign the Supermax to get the money and deal with any issues down the line so it’s still the most likely, but I can’t find any info anywhere else that seems updated on this. Am I missing something?

Yes, that's what people are talking about, and yes, I agree with you - will believe it when I see it. I don't think it makes any sense for him not to wait until next summer, when the exact same deal will be on the table. Even the idea of avoiding injury risk flies out the window for guys at his level. Just ask Kevin Durant. 

If I'm his agent, I physically restrain his writing hand until after the deadline.
Like Reply
Jackie never said anything like that on the podcast or i have missed that. I listened to that entire podcast when it came out. She said sth. along the lines off "I wish Giannis would stay with the Bucks" after Bill said that he wouldn't mind Giannis staying, even with the Celtics being in the same conference. Small markets etc. pp 

Never heard once "sources" or "intel" during the entire podcast. And that thing was recorded on tuesday before the Bam extension as well.
Like Reply
(11-29-2020, 06:41 PM)sefant Wrote: Jackie never said anything like that on the podcast or i have missed that. I listened to that entire podcast when it came out. She said sth. along the lines off "I wish Giannis would stay with the Bucks" after Bill said that he wouldn't mind Giannis staying, even with the Celtics being in the same conference. Small markets etc. pp 

Never heard once "sources" or "intel" during the entire podcast. And that thing was recorded on tuesday before the Bam extension as well.
Good to know, I didn’t listen to it just the blurb it was linked to that was posted. Shows there is really no evidence out there that a decision has been made.

And agreed with @"KillerLeft", that money for him is going to be there at any point unless something catastrophic occurs that would not be along the spectrum of a basketball injury. No need to rush into it unless he is 100% sold on the Bucks, and even then, things can change and there is a very good argument to wait.
Like Reply
My concern is the possibility of a 1+1 for Giannis and then AD does the same thing, giving the Lakers a chance in this pursuit.  Guess I will wait for his signing day before making any assumptions.
Like Reply
(11-29-2020, 07:12 PM)Hypermav Wrote: My concern is the possibility of a 1+1 for Giannis and then AD does the same thing, giving the Lakers a chance in this pursuit.  Guess I will wait for his signing day before making any assumptions.

I thought that was crap when Windhorst said it a while back, but I have to admit that the longer we go without a Davis deal being announced, the more worried I get.
Like Reply
(11-29-2020, 07:12 PM)Hypermav Wrote: My concern is the possibility of a 1+1 for Giannis and then AD does the same thing, giving the Lakers a chance in this pursuit.  Guess I will wait for his signing day before making any assumptions.

AD is going to match his contract with Lebron regardless of what Giannis does. Lebron will be 37 next summer. If the Lakers fail to lure anyone else, I think there's a high chance AD the mercenary hitches to the next all star to chase a ring. 

I don't think Giannis has any bearing on that regardless if he signs the supermax or not. And if Giannis wants to go the Lakers and join AD to win, then more power to him. That would certainly be a weird fit.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-29-2020, 07:41 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: AD is going to match his contract with Lebron regardless of what Giannis does. Lebron will be 37 next summer. If the Lakers fail to lure anyone else, I think there's a high chance AD the mercenary hitches to the next all star to chase a ring. 

I don't think Giannis has any bearing on that regardless if he signs the supermax or not. And if Giannis wants to go the Lakers and join AD to win, then more power to him. That would certainly be a weird fit.

This makes sense, too. 

And, it makes me feel better, so I will choose to believe this.
Like Reply
Giannis with AD and LeHelp me win a Championship would be a wonky team for sure.  

If Giannis was purely logical, the fit is Dallas imo but emotions, loyalty and where you want to live are legit factors.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/kuhnj30/status/1333166341965172737
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
We should hope Giannis resigns. It would be a win for a small market franchise. If Giannis bolts its bad for the NBA.
Like Reply
(11-29-2020, 08:58 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: We should hope Giannis resigns. It would be a win for a small market franchise. If Giannis bolts its bad for the NBA.

VERY much this. MIL is the best possible outcome for the NBA and its parity of product. Him going to LAL is the WORST possible outcome.
Like Reply
(11-29-2020, 08:59 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 08:58 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: We should hope Giannis resigns. It would be a win for a small market franchise. If Giannis bolts its bad for the NBA.

VERY much this. MIL is the best possible outcome for the NBA and its parity of product. Him going to LAL is the WORST possible outcome.

Do the NBA realize that yet?
I mean ESPN is still all about big market teams like LAL,Miami,Boston , Knicks
Like Reply
(11-29-2020, 09:17 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: Do the NBA realize that yet?
I mean ESPN is still all about big market teams like LAL,Miami,Boston , Knicks

No. The small market owners definitely feel this way, but I'm sure the (nebulous) "NBA" would love it if he ended up in Toronto, Miami or ESPECIALLY NY. 

I would, too. F Milwaukee. Anyone with a brain moves away from there as soon as they can.
Like Reply
(11-29-2020, 09:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I would, too. F Milwaukee. Anyone with a brain moves away from there as soon as they can.

KL's crusade against MIL is my new favorite storyline of the year.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-29-2020, 09:40 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: KL's crusade against MIL is my new favorite storyline of the year.

I hate them. Blah, blah, blah BEER, blah, blah CHEESE
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/brewcitypaul/status/...1118404613
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
The attraction for giannis to resign is the huge amount of money and the injury risk he takes if he waits. Championships are nice but 226 million is nicer. However if he does become a free agent then he can make just as much in endorsements and he can join Dallas to form a dynasty. No other team can offer that because no other team has a young superstar. Lebron and Butler are older and will decline with time. Milwaukee is a mess. Holiday is a nice player but not a star, and he is not much better than either Brogdon or Bledsoe who they just had. Middleton is a nice shooter but not a star. KP is better than anyone on the Bucks and THJ, and Richardson are ligit NBA starters. Also Giannis position wise is a perfect fit for Dallas where all 4 other starters are 3 ball threats and you have an MVP type talent to pass to him.
Like Reply
(11-30-2020, 01:00 PM)haveitall Wrote: The attraction for giannis to resign is the huge amount of money and the injury risk he takes if he waits

Giannis is one of the few players in the league that no matter what, he's going to get his money.

Kevin Durant tore his achilles, and the Nets still signed him to a 4 year 164 million max contract. Giannis is 6 years younger and just won back to back MVP's. 

There is no risk to Giannis waiting.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ZachGelb/status/1333484221730590725
Like Reply