Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax
Rainbow 
I figure Giannis needs his own thread until all this is resolved.....

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...5803978756

https://ahnfiredigital.com/nba/milwaukee...l-through/

Quote:There has since been a categorical step back in that confidence, even if Antetokounmpo does ultimately accept the franchise’s offer of a five-year, $228 million supermax extension,”
Like Reply
DUDE...JINX???
Like Reply
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2919...po-packing

Quote:Giannis admired his fellow European's toughness and swagger, sources said. He viewed Bogdanovic as someone you could go to war with in the postseason.  Antetokounmpo grew increasingly focused on teaming with Bogdanovic.

Quote:There has long been optimism Giannis Antetokounmpo will re-sign with the only franchise he's ever known. Any figure around the Bucks, or who has spent time around Antetokounmpo, has always spoken of the superstar's unwavering loyalty. This is a person who once refused to attend the NBA draft unless his brother could come along with him. By all accounts, he enjoys the decibel levels of Milwaukee's market. He does not yearn for the lights of New York or Los Angeles. 

It's also said that Antetokounmpo values being not just the face but the bedrock of the franchise. That is not to characterize him as brimming with ego, rather pride in carrying himself like an organizational pillar. He relishes the responsibility of leading Milwaukee to a championship, like the stars he grew up watching before a wave of player empowerment swept the league.

Quote:Antetokounmpo was pulling levers to help the Bucks help themselves. He had listed several wing players he hoped the Bucks could land in order to fortify his surrounding cast for a better effort at the 2021 championship. Wizards All-Star Bradley Beal was never a realistic option. Pacers All-Star Victor Oladipo was discussed in numerous trade scenarios, sources said, but Indiana ultimately declined Milwaukee's advances. At one point, that included a discussion of Donte DiVincenzo, George Hill and the No. 24 pick in the 2020 draft.

Quote:Adding Holiday was an obvious upgrade, but Bogdanovic was communicated as Antetokoumpo's preferred addition all offseason.

Quote:And all indications suggest the scale is still tipping in the Bucks' favor. Yet the collapse of this Bogdanovic sign-and-trade leaves the door far too open for a possible Antetokounmpo departure than Bucks officials would like.
Like Reply
Giannis to the Hawks confirmed. Don´t know if I am just completly off but isn´t Luka the young european MVP caliber player. Not really sure why Bogdan makes or breaks a Giannis supermax. Especially because the Bucks added a way better player that plays a similar position.
Like Reply
(11-25-2020, 01:43 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not really sure why Bogdan makes or breaks a Giannis supermax.

There must be a friendship thing, more than a teammate angle, right? It is strange.
Like Reply
Giannis in a Heat uniform. Sad
Like Reply
(11-25-2020, 01:43 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not really sure why Bogdan makes or breaks a Giannis supermax. 

I figure it's only partly about Bogdan. There's a 90% chance the trade fell apart because Milwaukee's own front office royally screwed up and announced it before it was legal to do so. Note that they also messed up Connaughton's contract this offseason. Basically, their front office already had a reputation for being inept and they went out of their way to live up to that expectation.

If your team couldn't even seal the deal on a no-brainer trade you hand-delivered to them, wouldn't you think twice about committing to them long-term? And if Jrue decides to hold off on an extension (opening the real possibility that they traded so many assets for nothing), I imagine that might influence his choice as well.
Like Reply
(11-25-2020, 01:51 PM)cow Wrote: Giannis in a Heat uniform.  Sad

Fine with me. We need a good villain for Luka to beat in the Finals.
Like Reply
I love this. Even if Giannis doesn't sign with the Mavs, I'm still happy because I believe even with Luka alone we have the ability to win a championship. Giannis would just icing on the cake.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-25-2020, 02:45 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I love this. Even if Giannis doesn't sign with the Mavs, I'm still happy because I believe even with Luka alone we have the ability to win a championship. Giannis would just icing on the cake.

While I agree that the franchise's future doesn't depend on him and is already moving into a bright future, his arrival would be as significant as Luka's or KP's. Not just icing on the cake but a total game changer.

Since such constellations very rarely materialize, our luck, if it should happen, would be as hard to believe.
Like Reply
(11-25-2020, 03:17 PM)WillE Wrote: While I agree that the franchise's future doesn't depend on him and is already moving into a bright future, his arrival would be as significant as Luka's or KP's. Not just icing on the cake but a total game changer.

Since such constellations very rarely materialize, our luck, if it should happen, would be as hard to believe.

Fair. I guess icing was really understating what Giannis' potential arrival would be. It'd be like a whole other cake, thats decked with the best icing in the world, that also compliments and enhances your current cake, if I can keep my confection analogy going. 

Giannis coming would be earth shattering. Dynastic level. 

But even if he doesn't come, I still think the Mavs are more than fine. In fact I think they can be contenders as soon as this year if everything works out. Luka freaking willed this team to 2 wins already against arguably the worst matchup that could've possibly been in the playoffs. I'm excited.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-25-2020, 03:39 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It'd be like a whole other cake, thats decked with the best icing in the world, that also compliments and enhances your current cake, if I can keep my confection analogy going. 

Big Grin

Well done - pretty adequate painting I'd say Wink
Like Reply
(11-25-2020, 02:45 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I love this. Even if Giannis doesn't sign with the Mavs, I'm still happy because I believe even with Luka alone we have the ability to win a championship. Giannis would just icing on the cake.

A championship isn't going to satisfy Luka.  Giannis coming to Dallas would be dynasty.
Like Reply
from the same place:

“ Yet all the while, Milwaukee remained in aggressive pursuit of Holiday. And by all accounts, New Orleans management successfully engineered a bidding war for Holiday's services. The Boston Celtics offered Gordon Hayward plus their three first-round picks in last week's draft, it is said. Atlanta is known to have discussed the No. 6 pick, Dewayne Dedmon and sharpshooting youngster Kevin Huerter. Denver and Dallas were also rumored as significant suitors.”
Like Reply
Man, Pat Riley is a genius at this type of stuff...the Mavs have not proven very convincing or creative in getting FA's to come.

Everyone always touts "cap space", but let's be honest, when a star wants to go somewhere, it doesn't matter they go there...from the Clips to the Heat to whoever...  Chris Paul -- contract untradeable...traded twice with the disgusting contract.  So all that "cap space" and "look what we have" is an advantage, is complete crap.

Bam signing doesn't mean a thing to me about Miami one way or the other.  it doesn't stop them from getting Giannis.

I'm going to place the odds at this....
1)  Bucks for the supermax
2)  Heat -- Pat Riley nails everyone again.
3)  Some other darkhorse we don't see -- like Atlanta sending some of those guys they signed to Milwaukee for him.
4)  Dallas signs him or signs and traded.

FAR TOO OFTEN, in the NBA, the most OBVIOUS thing --- Giannis sign with Dallas before Luka is eligible gets paid is the NO BRAINER of all dynasty no-brainers for Giannis.  It's set up perfect...three European players dominating the NBA...it would be a history maker.

Just not going to believe it until I see it.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
As long as the Bucks make decisions like signing Stauskas over the accountant, I´m not worried about Giannis possibly staying there. What a bad move
Like Reply
https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/11...-saturday/
Like Reply
(11-26-2020, 05:19 PM)Thukydides Wrote: As long as the Bucks make decisions like signing Stauskas over the accountant, I´m not worried about Giannis possibly staying there. What a bad move
Like Reply
Rooting for the super max extension. Giannis taking us out of our misery early would be a blessing in disguise.

Worst case scenario: this drags into week 1-2 of next year‘s FA and he goes elsewhere after the majority of FAs have moved to other teams.

We’ve been there. No need to go back there. This feels like a waste of time for DAL.
Like Reply
(11-27-2020, 05:46 AM)JamesConway Wrote: Rooting for the super max extension. Giannis taking us out of our misery early would be a blessing in disguise.

There is nothing to suggest that him signing super max will alter Mavs 2021 plans.

We are going to live this misery anyway , so better be prepared
Like Reply