Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE [?] : Harden to BRK or PHI or BOS? | ??? to HOU
(11-18-2020, 04:49 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Lakers/GSW/Denver/Clips are all locks. I think the Mavs can be a top 5 seed for sure now that OKC has taken a step back and HOU is on the verge of imploding.

Without improving, I don't think that is realistic thinking, especially with KP missing significant number of games. Phoenix and Portland are considerably better than they were last season, especially taking account their key players were missing huge numbers of games. Utah was better than Mavs last season and are probably running it again with the same team.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...4888488960

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/jw...de_to_the/
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 05:01 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 04:49 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Lakers/GSW/Denver/Clips are all locks. I think the Mavs can be a top 5 seed for sure now that OKC has taken a step back and HOU is on the verge of imploding.

Without improving, I don't think that is realistic thinking, especially with KP missing significant number of games. Phoenix and Portland are considerably better than they were last season, especially taking account their key players were missing huge numbers of games. Utah was better than Mavs last season and are probably running it again with the same team.
I don’t think the Jazz were considerably better and even without KP for stretched(and with proper additions this offseason) the Mavs will be better too. 

we continue to forget just how bad this team was at closing out games last year. I forget their record in close games but it was horrendous. The natural progression of Luka and bringing in a 2nd creator will go a long way to improving that.  If they had gotten close to .500 in those situations last year they would have been a top 5 seed, but they were probably the worst team in the league. 

They also were hurt as well at key positions. 

I’m not saying they’ll catapult to a top 4 seed, but 5/6 isn’t out of the question and I don’t think they’re significantly worse off then the Denver’s and Utah’s of the world.
Like Reply
https://nypost.com/2020/11/17/nets-lack-...rden-deal/

While there are reports circulating that the Nets and Rockets have reached a verbal agreement, sources have denied that is the case. Though most scenarios have the Nets parting with combinations of Caris LeVert, Spencer Dinwiddie, Jarrett Allen and multiple first-round picks, they obviously don’t want to give up the farm.

Meanwhile, after seeing the return New Orleans got for Jrue Holiday — including three first-round picks and two pick swaps — Houston is sure to ask for the world.
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Too bad. Would love for Houston to lose him and get less than market rate in the processs.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/JDumasReports/status...8742042626
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply

Yeah not to be negative, but as this team currently sits we may be fighting for the 7/8 seed. That being said we may make some moves tonight or sign some key players in the off-season. I don't see how anyone can think this team is a lock for anything until we see the final product. I think before the season starts, the team will look like a top 5/6 team. Just not there yet imo.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...5622310912
Like Reply
Could be trading him to GSW not Klay is out for 1 season  at least
Wiggins, Wiseman and Twolves 1st???
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 11:43 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: Could be trading him to GSW not Klay is out for 1 season  at least
Wiggins, Wiseman and Twolves 1st???

You'd have to ay me Wiseman and the Wolves 1st to take Wiggins but I'd love to see Wiggins in a Houston uniform.  

He's going to the 76ers though.
Like Reply
Wow, this all too interesting. Would love to see Harden playing in a legit system again one day, just to see if he can be the same superstar without the disproportionate amount of his team’s possessions.
Like Reply
I'm not convinced either Ivring or KD will ever stay healthy again or even be as good as they were before, so even assuming they keep all 3 in this deal, I think they still run into plenty of problems, health, play and cohesion wise, to where it's not gonna be the super team some people might think.

Its still all reliant on Luka taking the next step. The only two big questions left for him development wise are shooting and defense. If we see genuine improvement on both those fronts this season (I definitely saw defensive improvement in the bubble), IMO he can carry this team on his own back to the 5 seed even with KP missing a bunch of games.

We will still be looking to acquire players once FA opens, but this team also has way more ammo now for something like a deadline day trade. I can see Richardson playing more like he did with the Heat, which will make his and THJ's expirings valuable (assuming THJ continues his shooting from last season). Plus all 3 draftees can contribute straight away IMO and will be like the draft capital we lost in the KP trade in terms of tradeable pieces if there is a chance to acquire a big fish in a trade.
Like Reply