Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Jrue, #42 to MIL | Bledsoe, Hill, three 1sts, two pick swaps to NOP
(11-17-2020, 12:42 AM)Mapka Wrote: They could just have kept Brogdon.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Would you rather have Jrue or Malcolm Brogdon, George hill, 3 firsts and not have to swap picks in 2 drafts?

Something Giannis and his agent should think about.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 12:44 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: LOL of course he approves it - "I'm not going to be here in a year or two, so I don't give two poops whether you have any draft picks."

I would bet lots of money that Giannis signs the Super MAX and will be in MIL for 4 more years at least.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 12:48 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 12:44 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: LOL of course he approves it - "I'm not going to be here in a year or two, so I don't give two poops whether you have any draft picks."

I would bet lots of money that Giannis signs the Super MAX and will be in MIL for 4 more years at least.

Yeah, the only way any of this makes sense is if they know a signing is imminent. AND they have Jrue saying he'll extend.

Now, how they get better if they're still not good enough after all of that? That's a problem, but one for another day.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 12:50 AM)KillerLeft Wrote:

Yeah, the only way any of this makes sense is if they know a signing is imminent. AND they have Jrue saying he'll extend.

Now, how they get better if they're still not good enough after all of that? That's a problem, but one for another day.

Kind of like the Mavs after they trade for Tobi this summer - amiright?
Like Reply

If I gambled, I'd take the under.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 11:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: 3 first rounders and 2 pick swaps!????

I LOVE Holiday. Love him. And this deal makes Milwaukee much better this season. Possibly title favorites. 

But I'm calling it now: I don't see this ending well for them. If Giannis bails, those picks are going to haunt them.

The Bucks are betting he signs that extension. They might already know. He can sign it in a couple of weeks.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 01:18 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 11:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: 3 first rounders and 2 pick swaps!????

I LOVE Holiday. Love him. And this deal makes Milwaukee much better this season. Possibly title favorites. 

But I'm calling it now: I don't see this ending well for them. If Giannis bails, those picks are going to haunt them.

The Bucks are betting he signs that extension. They might already know. He can sign it in a couple of weeks.

Yeah, I caught up to all of that later and calmed down.
Like Reply
Holiday
Bogdanovic
Middleton
Giannis
Lopez

Looks like the best starting five in the league and depth won´t be a problem because ring chasing vets will sign for the minimum.
Like Reply
Now we have an idea how much our trade for the third star we really like will cost.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 12:52 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Kind of like the Mavs after they trade for Tobi this summer - amiright?
BE PREPARED!!!
Like Reply
Do I see correctly that the only players from last season staying with Mavs are Antetokounmpo brothers, Middleton and Lopez? This means adding Holiday and Bogdanovic keeps them well below the tax. 

Lopez opting out is really fishy. There is absolutely no way he can get 5 million elsewhere. I don't think he can get more than vet min. Unless Milwaukee will give him something like 10/3.
Like Reply
Brian Windhorst on Zach Lowe's podcast last night was basically outrighting saying that Giannis was resigning with the Bucks, and that was recorded was before these trades were announced.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/SynergySST/status/13...8986933253
Like Reply
Daaamn, there goes Jrue...

Would have loved to have him on the Mavs, like many others here, as he's propably the perfect fit next to Luka. But alas, the Bucks paid a king's ransom to get him. There's no way the Mavs could've offered anything close to this. I would not go as far to say Milwaukee got fleeced, since they're clearly desperate to improve in order to keep Giannis, but that price is steep.
Like Reply
(A quick aside: Remember when the league was going to really crack down on teams and agents doing deals before the start of free agency? That was fun. Free agency “negotiations” aren’t slated to begin until Friday evening, yet somehow we already know where Bogdanovic is headed in a highly complex transaction. Look, everyone knows that clandestine free agent talks have been happening for weeks, but teams and agents had the good sense to keep deals under wraps until Saturday. This is ridiculously brazen stuff from the Bucks and Kings, and the league office will not be happy about it.)

(Also, how many hallelujahs are they singing about Robin Lopez optioning out of $5 million? Also, how dodgy does this look if he re-signs in Milwaukee?)

https://theathletic.com/2202893/2020/11/...ill-bumpy/
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 11:34 AM)Hypermav Wrote: (A quick aside: Remember when the league was going to really crack down on teams and agents doing deals before the start of free agency? That was fun. Free agency “negotiations” aren’t slated to begin until Friday evening, yet somehow we already know where Bogdanovic is headed in a highly complex transaction. Look, everyone knows that clandestine free agent talks have been happening for weeks, but teams and agents had the good sense to keep deals under wraps until Saturday. This is ridiculously brazen stuff from the Bucks and Kings, and the league office will not be happy about it.)

(Also, how many hallelujahs are they singing about Robin Lopez optioning out of $5 million? Also, how dodgy does this look if he re-signs in Milwaukee?)

https://theathletic.com/2202893/2020/11/...ill-bumpy/

So much true. I pointed out that Lopez stuff immediately when I saw it. No way he gets that money elsewhere.
Like Reply
I can't believe the Bucks got Jrue for this package. Pels are dumb. They give away one of the hottest names in the trade market for Bledsoe and several late round picks. Those picks will only marginally be worth something if Giannis leaves but the odds of that happening are slim. Furthermore if he does leave they will have no incentive to tank and would at least attempt to put together a team that would not be terrible.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/talkhoops/status/132...3676395525
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 12:02 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I can't believe the Bucks got Jrue for this package. Pels are dumb. They give away one of the hottest names in the trade market for Bledsoe and several late round picks. Those picks will only marginally be worth something if Giannis leaves but the odds of that happening are slim. Furthermore if he does leave they will have no incentive to tank and would at least attempt to put together a team that would not be terrible.

Wow. For a player who had a player option for next season and was likely going to become a free agent who they didn't want to compete to keep, they picked up 3 firsts and two pick swaps. I mean, what did you expect?
Like Reply