Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.0 pt RAPTOR & 9.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Clippers
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 6: LAC (4-2) @ DAL (2-4) | 97-111 loss
(08-30-2020, 04:01 PM)mtrot Wrote: Notice how the Clips build a wall on defense around the basket area.  All they have to do is wait for the Mavs' missed shots and it's a guaranteed rebound.  Clips lead the Mavs 28-20 on rebounds.  Mavs not following up their shots.   at all. This is down to coaching. IMO.

To be fair, the Mavs are missing their 7'3 unicorn who definitely helped in that area. Carlisle should put in Boban, but is refusing to for some reason.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Gotta start making shots or we just have 23 minutes of basketball left
Like Reply
Terrible Timmy back at it. This team is winning nothing with THJ playing #3 scoring option role.
Like Reply
THJ laying the biggest egg of his entire career.

Mavs offense has died.

If I was Carlisle I'd take out THJ and go Luka/Burke/DFS/Maxi/Boban.

Shake things up
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 04:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 04:01 PM)mtrot Wrote: Notice how the Clips build a wall on defense around the basket area.  All they have to do is wait for the Mavs' missed shots and it's a guaranteed rebound.  Clips lead the Mavs 28-20 on rebounds.  Mavs not following up their shots.   at all. This is down to coaching. IMO.

To be fair, the Mavs are missing their 7'3 unicorn who definitely helped in that area. Carlisle should put in Boban, but is refusing to for some reason.
But that doesn't prevent the Mavs from following up their shots.  I can't find the second chance points stat for this game.

(08-30-2020, 04:11 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: THJ laying the biggest egg of his entire career.

Mavs offense has died.

If I was Carlisle I'd take out THJ and go Luka/Burke/DFS/Maxi/Boban.

Shake things up
Exactly.
Like Reply
How many open shots are we gonna miss

Technical for throwing the ball to the ref

Good job NBA
Like Reply
Again,  The Mavs are all perimeter, and no Mavs following up our shots.
Like Reply
Live by the three, die by the three. It's Rockets Basketball and why this will never work in the playoffs
Like Reply
Down 20. At least Bobi is fresh for comic relief!!!11!!1!1!1!!1!
Like Reply
I can't wait to get better players around Luka to come back next year and kick the Clippers butt.
Like Reply
And still no Boban!   How could you not at least try him in this second half?   You know what they say about continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results.
Like Reply
That timeout was about ten points too late. Players were hanging their heads for several posessions.
Like Reply
Well. If this is the last game of the year, I'm glad the role players are shitting the bed so freaking hard. Should make Donnie's job easy if he has to choose to keep some of them.

THJ, Wright, Jackson are definitely must-go. Powell can be added to that group solely because of his contract. Before this series, I wouldn't have traded Kleber short of a star, now I'm more open to that convo. DFS, Kleber, Brunson can all be had for the right price. Only Luka, KP, Boban, Seth, heck even Burke should be back for next year for sure.
Like Reply
Today should at least end all THJ extension talks.
Like Reply
i am tired of watching THJ and Maxi chucking three, can we just run other play?
wtf is this coaching?
Like Reply
Isn't one of the options to score in a 5 out is to slash to the basket?

It seems were stationary outside, and the double team to Luka is when the closest player makes the cut in. Haven't seen that at all.
Like Reply
Luka needs to learn not to keep whining to the refs. It's not going to get him any more calls.
Like Reply
The one thing you could do to force the Clips to collapse that perimeter defense a bit would be to post up Boban down low, but RC refuses.
Like Reply
Short of the miracle comeback, I'm going to be conclusively done with RC.
Like Reply
The Wizards would beat us with this shooting, much less the Clips
Like Reply