Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.0 pt RAPTOR & 9.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Clippers
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 6: LAC (4-2) @ DAL (2-4) | 97-111 loss
Heart 
[Image: EgWqkAHVoAA7BLg?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
Like Reply
(08-28-2020, 06:56 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: EgWqkAHVoAA7BLg?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
No KP again?  Yikes.
Like Reply
Let's just hope it wont be another blowout
Like Reply
Elimination game #1 of Luka's career.
Like Reply
(08-28-2020, 08:11 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(08-28-2020, 06:56 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: EgWqkAHVoAA7BLg?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
No KP again?  Yikes.
He’s supposed to play with a torn meniscus?

Thj may be out
Like Reply
(08-29-2020, 10:57 AM)Darth Cuban Wrote:
No KP again?  Yikes.

Thj may be out
Huh?  I didn't say that.  I meant, yikes, with regard to our chances.
Like Reply
(08-29-2020, 12:36 PM)mtrot Wrote:
No KP again?  Yikes.

Thj may be out
Gotcha. Yep, this really sucks.
Like Reply
(08-29-2020, 01:36 PM)Darth Cuban Wrote:
No KP again?  Yikes.

Thj may be out
If THJ is out along with KP, what is the point in playing Luka with no chance to win and them purposely beating up on him. Honestly I'd rather sit him if THJ is out also. I know that's giving up, but Luka is probably going to be the best player in the NBA the next 10 plus years and I would be so mad if they severely injure him tomorrow.
Like Reply
(08-29-2020, 03:16 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: If THJ is out along with KP, what is the point in playing Luka with no chance to win and them purposely beating up on him. Honestly I'd rather sit him if THJ is out also. I know that's giving up, but Luka is probably going to be the best player in the NBA the next 10 plus years and I would be so mad if they severely injure him tomorrow.

Look what three years of tanking do. Such a losers mentality... I know they basically have no chance, but winners fight!
Like Reply
(08-29-2020, 03:23 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-29-2020, 03:16 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: If THJ is out along with KP, what is the point in playing Luka with no chance to win and them purposely beating up on him. Honestly I'd rather sit him if THJ is out also. I know that's giving up, but Luka is probably going to be the best player in the NBA the next 10 plus years and I would be so mad if they severely injure him tomorrow.

Look what three years of tanking do. Such a losers mentality... I know they basically have no chance, but winners fight!
I hear ya man. I get it. I know it is. I just really don't want Luka hurt. I don't disagree with what you said though.
Like Reply
(08-29-2020, 03:25 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I just really don't want Luka hurt.

I know, no one does. But it is part of the game and if it is meant to be it is meant to be.
Like Reply
I need to see more minutes in this game for MKG and Burke, for defensive purposes.  If we let them score another 150 points, there's no chance anyway.  And it's not like THJ is any defensive stalwart, so if he doesn't play, we don't lose that much on defense. 

As to scoring, the Mavs are going to have to put their heads down and drive the lane and try to get foul calls so as to get to the line.  This is because the Mavs can't seem to shoot a high enough 3 point percentage lately.  That may change if Seth, Burke, Maxi, and DFS can drain threes, but that doesn't appear likely.  If the offense bogs down, I need to see Boban getting low position and scoring and drawing fouls.
Like Reply
(08-29-2020, 03:36 PM)mtrot Wrote: I need to see more minutes in this game for MKG and Burke, for defensive purposes. If we let them score another 150 points, there's no chance anyway. And it's not like THJ is any defensive stalwart, so if he doesn't play, we don't lose that much on defense.

As to scoring, the Mavs are going to have to put their heads down and drive the lane and try to get foul calls so as to get to the line. This is because the Mavs can't seem to shoot a high enough 3 point percentage lately. That may change if Seth, Burke, Maxi, and DFS can drain threes, but that doesn't appear likely. If the offense bogs down, I need to see Boban getting low position and scoring and drawing fouls.

Boban needs to play 30 minutes in the game 6 regardless of the defensive consequences, and his touches need to be second only to Doncic. Like Gene Simmons' girlfriend, the Mavs got nothing to lose.
Like Reply
(08-29-2020, 03:16 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote:
(08-29-2020, 01:36 PM)Darth Cuban Wrote:
(08-28-2020, 08:11 PM)mtrot Wrote: No KP again?  Yikes.

Thj may be out
If THJ is out along with KP, what is the point in playing Luka with no chance to win and them purposely beating up on him. Honestly I'd rather sit him if THJ is out also. I know that's giving up, but Luka is probably going to be the best player in the NBA the next 10 plus years and I would be so mad if they severely injure him tomorrow.

Man, players wouldn't like playing for you if you coach like that.

"I think we can fight with them. Any series we go in, we're going to believe we can win, for sure. If you don't believe it, you're not supposed to be here. You've got to believe it."

- Luka Doncic
Like Reply
I watched short handed Portland fight like they had some pride last night. I expect to see the same from us using Rick's best game plan. Playing one of our better games is all I want tonight but it would not shock me if it turns out to be good enough.

I have watched a long history of teams who got embarrassed shocking the world their next game. An early experience is when Dallas totally blew out Seattle after our best season to date in game one....only to lose game 2 and the series. In other words, last game means absolutely nothing today. 

The Clippers lack just enough of something, I hate to try to describe it, that they might be predisposed to come back to the shooting mean this game. 

That being said, losing KP is probably a killer blow and our season is soon to be over. At least we got 2 wins....which is what I predicted. 

PS. Someone please post if we hear something final on THJ. We need all bodies on deck. We could sure use Jalen Brunson, Dwight Powell or Willie Cauley-Stein right now. 

Speaking of ridiculously careless plays that really really hurt us, I am feeling really bad for Jalen Brunson right now.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 10:45 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: I watched short handed Portland fight like they had some pride last night. I expect to see the same from us using Rick's best game plan. Playing one of our better games is all I want tonight but it would not shock me if it turns out to be good enough.

I have watched a long history of teams who got embarrassed shocking the world their next game. An early experience is when Dallas totally blew out Seattle after our best season to date in game one....only to lose game 2 and the series. In other words, last game means absolutely nothing today. 

The Clippers lack just enough of something, I hate to try to describe it, that they might be predisposed to come back to the shooting mean this game. 

That being said, losing KP is probably a killer blow and our season is soon to be over. At least we got 2 wins....which is what I predicted. 

PS. Someone please post if we hear something final on THJ. We need all bodies on deck. We could sure use Jalen Brunson, Dwight Powell or Willie Cauley-Stein right now. 

Speaking of ridiculously careless plays that really really hurt us, I am feeling really bad for Jalen Brunson right now.
I hope for the best. 

Could be the last Mavs game for some time.  Planning on trying to enjoy it regardless of the outcome.
Like Reply
I have an incredibly good feeling that today is not the end of the season for the Mavs. 

Mark it down:

MAVS WIN.

[Image: giphy.gif]

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1300127942694129664
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1300132435934445568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1300132435934445568%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fdallas-mavericks
Like Reply
Game time, let’s do this!
Like Reply
Ton of late money came in on the Mavs, the line just jumped from 10.5 to 9.0 before it closed.

https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/...8583650306
Like Reply