Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.0 pt RAPTOR & 9.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Clippers
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 6: LAC (4-2) @ DAL (2-4) | 97-111 loss
Pretty sure I will pull against the Clippers from here on out.  Even the Lakers are not as annoying.
Like Reply
Mark Jackson: "If you're Mark Cuban, Donnie Nelson, and Rick Carlisle, you gotta continue to put talent around this young man..."

ROTFLMAO - "Continue?" How about they friggin' start?
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:06 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:05 PM)Hypermav Wrote: A long time before we get to watch Luka again.

Did I miss something? I know there was talk of pushing back the draft and free agency, but when is next season supposed to start?
I was hearing after the Superbowl but 5-6 months at least.
Like Reply
God I hope THJ opts out, or we can use him as an expiring contract for a trade.

And most of all: DON'T WASTE ANOTHER YEAR CHASING THE BIG FISH. Get Luka help this summer.
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:04 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: That's it. I'm out on RC - and I'm out on Donnie if he doesn't either replace him or force him to accept top shelf defensive assistants who are paid like head coaches.
I've been out on RC for at least five years now.  Would love to get Stan van Gundy.  I love his observations while commenting on the bubble games.  He seems to have a much greater insight on what players need to do in game situations.
Like Reply
At least Morris wasn't on the floor to administer a career-ending injury on Luka. Fricking criminal.
Like Reply
Keep building and improving because next year is not a given. The Warriors will be back and the Suns might finally arrive
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:10 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: At least Morris wasn't on the floor to administer a career-ending injury on Luka. Fricking criminal.
That scumbag better be suspended next game.

I am not going to go as far as hope for injury but I do believe in Karma and hes got a looooot of bad headed his way.
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:10 PM)toby451 Wrote: God I hope THJ opts out, or we can use him as an expiring contract for a trade.

And most of all: DON'T WASTE ANOTHER YEAR CHASING THE BIG FISH. Get Luka help this summer.

No chance of THJ opting out, which makes his contract a nice, juicy expirer. However, for that to be useful, you're right - the target has to be someone with a longer contract, which hurts 2021. However, if it's someone who is worth the money - Toby, Al, and their ilk need not apply - then the Mavs should have little trouble clearing room for 2021. The name of the game is, good players with tradable contracts.
Like Reply
If anything Luka showed just how freaking dominant he can be. 

31ppg, 10rpg, 9apg on 50% from the floor, 36% from 3. Thats freaking incredible. The fact the Mavs were basically in it in almost every game even without KP shows the talent of Luka. If KP was healthy and didn't get ejected this series could've been different. 

I know for sure if the Mavs vs. any one else but the Clips then they would be in the 2nd round.

I think the Mavs are A LOT closer than we all think. Just 1 consistent starter and 1 consistent bench piece and the Mavs are there.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
38 9 9 and has the best 3pt percentage again.  His team let him down.
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:13 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: If anything Luka showed just how freaking dominant he can be.

31ppg, 10rpg, 9apg on 50% from the floor, 36% from 3. Thats freaking incredible. The fact the Mavs were basically in it in almost every game even without KP shows the talent of Luka. If KP was healthy and didn't get ejected this series could've been different.

I know for sure if the Mavs vs. any one else but the Clips then they would be in the 2nd round.

Agreed.

(08-30-2020, 05:13 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think the Mavs are A LOT closer than we all think. Just 1 consistent starter and 1 consistent bench piece and the Mavs are there.

...but absolutely not with this. THJ needs to go. The Mavs have three legit starters - Luka, KP, and DFS as the lunchpail dirtywork guy. We need two high level starters, end of story.
Like Reply
Luka is awesome but this team needs talent upgrades. KP's meniscus is a big cause for concern but at least by being eliminated we won't take any stupid risks with him now.

I'll take losing in 6, we had a lot of adversity and fought hard. This was the final playoff game I will watch this season with the Mavs now out
Like Reply
Well. Would have loved to see the Mavs proceed to round two. But with the Clippers depth, with all our bad luck with injuries, the Kristaps ejection, it was just not meant to be.

Luka is a great, great player - and still lots of room to get even better - up the ft to 80+%, stop annoying the refs, get an even better feel for highly competitive situations on the NBA level. Continue to improve defense. Avoid techs and fouls when you cannot afford to stack these up.

Just hope the Mavs training stuff will have an even better idea on how to keep Porzingis healthy, productive  and on the court next season.

Congrats to Kawhi Leonard. Another great, great player. Don't like some guys on the Clippers team, but have to admit, they are really good. Is this the Mavs next first round exist against the upcoming NBA champs?
Like Reply
Such a wide open year. No dominant teams. 
Sucks the MBT didnt push harder for needed upgrades
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:10 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:04 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: That's it. I'm out on RC - and I'm out on Donnie if he doesn't either replace him or force him to accept top shelf defensive assistants who are paid like head coaches.
I've been out on RC for at least five years now.  Would love to get Stan van Gundy.  I love his observations while commenting on the bubble games.  He seems to have a much greater insight on what players need to do in game situations.

Big no on SVG. He set Detroit back 5 years, with his poor drafting and trades. He's a better analyst than a coach.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/jasonrmcintyre/statu...87682?s=20
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:17 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Luka is awesome but this team needs talent upgrades. KP's meniscus is a big cause for concern but at least by being eliminated we won't take any stupid risks with him now.

I'll take losing in 6, we had a lot of adversity and fought hard. This was the final playoff game I will watch this season with the Mavs now out

After an elimination game when he was coach of the Pacers, Larry Legend was asked, "Who will you be pulling for in the playoffs?" He answered, "I don't really care, 'cuz it's not us." Word...

That said, I would be pleased if it weren't the Clippers, Bucks, Rockets, or Lakers. Which means I'm likely to be disappointed, and also that my best bet is likely the Raps. I'd love for them to show up Kawhi's unfaithful ass by winning one without him.
Like Reply
I want Rick to stay, plus he will be here anyway...

https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status...12258?s=20
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:22 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I want Rick to stay, plus he will be here anyway...

https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status...12258?s=20

Baffled people can look at the talent disparity and blame him here
Like Reply