Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.0 pt RAPTOR & 9.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Clippers
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 6: LAC (4-2) @ DAL (2-4) | 97-111 loss
Best part is I don't have to watch anymore playoffs. I usually like to tune in but the BLM stuff is so over the top it's unbelievable. On to the offseason!
Like Reply
Great job by the team. They gave their best. This is a 7 game series with us at full strength. Great job by Doncic

Of course some changes have to be made but I am pumped about our future.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/jalenbrunson1/status...32387?s=20
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:29 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:20 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:10 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:04 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: That's it. I'm out on RC - and I'm out on Donnie if he doesn't either replace him or force him to accept top shelf defensive assistants who are paid like head coaches.
I've been out on RC for at least five years now.  Would love to get Stan van Gundy.  I love his observations while commenting on the bubble games.  He seems to have a much greater insight on what players need to do in game situations.

Big no on SVG. He set Detroit back 5 years, with his poor drafting and trades. He's a better analyst than a coach.
Was SVG in charge of draft picks and trades?

Yes. He was coach and POBO (President Of Basketball Operations) He was totally responsible. It's why he's not there anymore.

(08-30-2020, 06:39 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Rick >>>>>>>SVG

For sure.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheFrankIsola/status...48353?s=20
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:08 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Pretty sure I will pull against the Clippers from here on out.  Even the Lakers are not as annoying.

I thought the Clippers were going to have their hands full if they get the Jazz. They were playing lights out. But now they lost and Denver has the momentum behind the hot shooting of Jamal Murray for game 7.
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 07:18 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Best part is I don't have to watch anymore playoffs. I usually like to tune in but the BLM stuff is so over the top it's unbelievable. On to the offseason!

I know the answer is probably "no", but is it possible to see "Black Lives Matter" as a true, timely and needed phrase rather than be bothered by an organization that you disagree with politically?
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 07:18 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Best part is I don't have to watch anymore playoffs. I usually like to tune in but the BLM stuff is so over the top it's unbelievable. On to the offseason!

Well, I guess you won't be watching any sports then. It's going to be the same when the NFL starts. It's long overdue. Black people are tired of the BS that's happening in this country. Been going on for hundreds of years.
Like Reply
Luka was his usual amazing self in this game, really exceeded what I expected of him, having to face probably the team with the best wing defenders to stop him, with a severely depleted line up.
He torched Paul George 1 on 1. Is he overrated, or Luka just exposed him? Smile
we did not have an answer though for Kawhi, that man is just a programmed bot.
Watched this game late knowing we would lose, but still cheered for every basket.
Expectations will even be greater in Year 3.
Here's to better health for everyone esp KP, better roster, deeper run at the playoffs, and an MVP year for Luka next year.
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 10:22 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote:

Well, I guess you won't be watching any sports then. It's going to be the same when the NFL starts. It's long overdue. Black people are tired of the BS that's happening in this country. Been going on for hundreds of years.
Naw, plenty of sports to watch where they don't kneel during our national anthem and endlessly hound viewers over something about which they have no control.  

The BMW Championship was stellar today with both Dustin Johnson and Jon Rahm draining 30 and 60 foot puts, respectively, on the last two holes played.  The Indycar race at St. Louis was also great entertainment.  I also watched Formula One at Spa this morning, with no haranguing involved there either.
Like Reply
I’m satisfied with the progress made this year. The loss of Powell hurt. Brunson’s injury didn’t help. The Mavs have a young superstar, KP (though I suspect he’ll be a 28 minute guy from here on out), and a nice set of guys for the 5th through 9th players. They’re a couple of players away. One needs to be all star caliber. I don’t see much opportunity to upgrade this offseason, but because of the disruptions in the college season, smart teams drafting lower will have greater opportunity than usual. Maybe the Mavs can snag one of those needed players in the draft.
Like Reply