Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt RAPTOR & 5.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
40.00%
4 40.00%
Clippers
60.00%
6 60.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 3 (1st Rnd): LAC (2-1) @ DAL (1-2) | 122-130 loss (Luka injured)
PG can't go 3-16 and we allow 130 pts. Very bad Doncic/Kleber game. Give all Wright minutes to MKG. Make the adjustments on Shamet and onto the next one.
Like Reply
I swear it's as if no one watched the game. Every time they tried to double him, he got the pass out and the Mavs got torched by threes and layups. Every. Single. Time. Kawai is not an idiot.
Like Reply
Bummer, but at least we did not get blown out. Tonight, the huge gulf in postseason experience simply showed.
Like Reply
(08-21-2020, 10:44 PM)bartlettbear Wrote: Again let hm go right why m how do you not see that in 5 minutes of film

Starting lineup next game

Burke, Luka, TImmy DFS and KP

match up better that way

Burke on Shamet

Timmy on PG

DF S on KL

KP on Zubac

Luka on Morris

THJ cannot guard Shamet. You really want to see him vs PG or even worse Kawhi.
Like Reply
Put Luka on ice and we'll see you in December. This is good for us, I want to see KP score 40 in these last 2 games
Like Reply
Mavs did what they could. Clipps brought a near A game and the Mavs still lit up 122. This team has offense, that’s for sure. But man, they’re a bad defensive team. Just bad. Some of it has to be scheme.
Like Reply
(08-21-2020, 10:54 PM)Davevoid Wrote: Bummer, but at least we did not get blown out. Tonight, the huge gulf in postseason experience simply showed.

Agree. Mavs never folded. Big improvement compared to most regular season games. Especially in the bubble. All season long the Mavs collapsed at the first sign of adversity but right now they simply won´t give up. KP ejection, Luka injury. Doesn´t matter. They will put up a fight.
Usually one run in the late 3rd or early 4th quarter was enough to secure a victory over the Mavs. Right now it is a lot better. Even if they give up a run or go down double digits they don´t give up.
Like Reply
(08-21-2020, 10:41 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: I disagree w/ RC's strategy of putting one player primarily on Kawhi. There is no individual player in the league who can stop Kawhi...your best bet is to rotate a few players on there so that they all remain fresh on offense. What we're seeing is Kleber having to spend all his energy on defense, leaving him completely useless on offense. He has no legs on any of his threes

This! 

Game 2 had more rotations on Kawhi with a little of everybody guarding him. In this game 3 its been all on Maxi which gassed too much to not crash the boards enough.

You don't really want to double Kawhi, his seen it before and smart enough to dribble away from the double team to dish out the open player. If you want to double him, its gotta be when he brings it up the court before he runs down hill.
Like Reply
I said if we lose this we can kiss the series goodbye, but I might reconsider that if Paul George doesn't get out of his funk. He's gone into full 2011 LeBron mode

Depending on the severity of Luka's injury it might still be curtains though. The way he hobbled that looked like it could be a moderate to bad sprain and going back into the game with that was foolish
Like Reply
It's nothing we didn't know but you can't win at the highest level when your only decent perimeter defender is DFS.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/coach_jens/status/12...5957013504
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(08-21-2020, 11:23 PM)MrGoat Wrote: I said if we lose this we can kiss the series goodbye, but I might reconsider that if Paul George doesn't get out of his funk. He's gone into full 2011 LeBron mode

Depending on the severity of Luka's injury it might still be curtains though. The way he hobbled that looked like it could be a moderate to bad sprain and going back into the game with that was foolish

If it's a high ankle sprain, it takes weeks for those to heal properly.
Like Reply