Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt RAPTOR & 5.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
40.00%
4 40.00%
Clippers
60.00%
6 60.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 3 (1st Rnd): LAC (2-1) @ DAL (1-2) | 122-130 loss (Luka injured)
Heart 
https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/Ef1ldRtXkAQkS7K.mp4
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status...46370?s=20

https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status...34880?s=20

https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/129...06400?s=20

https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...63904?s=20
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ATL_Dynasty/status/1...68132?s=20
Like Reply
I am so into watching this series. Will we see yet another unusual game. Will we continue to be able to score at will. Will the Clippers throw one of their great games at us or will our defense prevent that from happening. Who will be the guys besides Luka and KP who show up big?
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(08-21-2020, 08:41 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: I am so into watching this series. Will we see yet another unusual game. Will we continue to be able to score at will. Will the Clippers throw one of their great games at us or will our defense prevent that from happening. Who will be the guys besides Luka and KP who show up big?

I am mostly interested in how George will react. Social media reactions are bothering him
Like Reply
This is the biggest game of the series. If the Clippers have another gear like the Lakers showed last night the time to show they have it and crush the dreams of the upstart team is now, if we win this one they are really in trouble.

The one thing I saw last game that makes me nervous is that our defense was actually pretty terrible but the Clips missed tons of open shots and even some chippies so we got away with it. We need to clean that up, offensively we're doing just fine
Like Reply
(08-21-2020, 08:51 AM)omahen Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 08:41 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: I am so into watching this series. Will we see yet another unusual game. Will we continue to be able to score at will. Will the Clippers throw one of their great games at us or will our defense prevent that from happening. Who will be the guys besides Luka and KP who show up big?

I am mostly interested in how George will react. Social media reactions are bothering him
I just hope he doesn't react like Dame.
Like Reply
IMO, the Clips are going to come out and try to make a statement that they are a lot better than they showed on Wednesday, so don't be surprised if there is a big lead early in the game. Dal will have to keep playing their game and work back into contention as the game progresses. 

I think this could be another nail-biter, but if the Mavs pull it off they will have proven that they can take best shot of what many consider a main title contender and still win. THAT will really boost their confidence for the rest of the series.

Even if they don't win the series, making it competitive will help the recruitment effort during the FA window.
Like Reply
Anyone have a clue as to how the Mavs are apportioning dial in for their MS Teams virtual attendance? Is it a lottery? Is it just for season ticket holders? I saw the Maaniacs the last game. Brunson's feed was placed in the middle of them and he was very still and intent on the game while all the feeds around him were large dancing men.
Like Reply
You know what I like most about the Mavs bubble games and these first 2 playoff game.  No Mark Cuban...

NO camera views of Mark Cuban in his back court seat being Mark Cuban.  No Mark Cuban standing behind the bench yelling at the refs.  No Mark Cuban walking on the court.  No Mark Cuban in the huddle's during time outs...

I hope I just didn't jinx this???
Like Reply
So here's are some things playing in the Mavs favor this series:

1 - No home court advantage (which favors the higher seeded team). I think the pressure just isn't there, certainly not for the Mavs who a) are playing with house money basically and b) don't have opposing fans screaming at the top of their lungs. You could argue there's infinity more pressure on the Clippers who are the heavy favorites to win the whole thing.
2 - Bubble games have skewed towards offense and Mavs have the best offense of all time? 
3 - Refs are calling tight games as far as I can tell (correct me if I am wrong those of you watching more games than me). I think the lack of a crowd adding distraction is a factor there. This is key because the Clips would love to beat the hell out of Luka in particular but I think so far the refs are calling a lot of fouls.
4 - PatBev might be out a while and he is a major pest
5 - Everyone plays defense in the playoffs so the Mavs raised their game while the Clips are more/less the same as they were all season on D. They look worse bc the Mavs have a great offense but I think their effort on D is more or less the same.

This game 3 will probably let you know whether the Mavs have a shot in this series. I would say if the Clips win, the Mavs probably don't but still could drag it out 6 games (which would be a confidence boost). If Mavs win we will be very excited but Mavs could still lose in 7.

I thought last game Luka would take a beating so maybe that happens this game. If we get another game where refs are actually calling fouls (go figure!) then maybe we got a shot here.
Like Reply
(08-21-2020, 02:17 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: So here's are some things playing in the Mavs favor this series:

1 - No home court advantage (which favors the higher seeded team). I think the pressure just isn't there, certainly not for the Mavs who a) are playing with house money basically and b) don't have opposing fans screaming at the top of their lungs. You could argue there's infinity more pressure on the Clippers who are the heavy favorites to win the whole thing.
2 - Bubble games have skewed towards offense and Mavs have the best offense of all time?
3 - Refs are calling tight games as far as I can tell (correct me if I am wrong those of you watching more games than me). I think the lack of a crowd adding distraction is a factor there. This is key because the Clips would love to beat the hell out of Luka in particular but I think so far the refs are calling a lot of fouls.
4 - PatBev might be out a while and he is a major pest
5 - Everyone plays defense in the playoffs so the Mavs raised their game while the Clips are more/less the same as they were all season on D. They look worse bc the Mavs have a great offense but I think their effort on D is more or less the same.

This game 3 will probably let you know whether the Mavs have a shot in this series. I would say if the Clips win, the Mavs probably don't but still could drag it out 6 games (which would be a confidence boost). If Mavs win we will be very excited but Mavs could still lose in 7.

I thought last game Luka would take a beating so maybe that happens this game. If we get another game where refs are actually calling fouls (go figure!) then maybe we got a shot here.

Regarding your distinctions about the bubble games - in my sugarplum dreams today, I'm actually most nervous that the Mavs will win the championship and that all the talking heads will put an asterisk next to it, because, you know, how could these baby Mavs win if it wasn't the bubble.
Like Reply
I would take a championship with as many asterisks as anybody wants to add. It would still be beating the likes of Kawhi, Lebron and others. Again I think it's quite a longshot to even get past the Clips but the Mavs in two games have been waaayyy more competitive than I could have ever imagined.

I really like Miami to come out of the East. I know Bucks are the Bucks but Miami is really good.
Like Reply
I wonder a little bit if Wright should even be in the rotation right now. He will make a defensive play here and there but I get nervous every time he has the ball. He thinks too much with the ball because he doesn't want to make mistakes and it can actually cause him to turn the ball over. I don't feel like he knows what to do in a half court offense. I do wonder if at some point you might rather have JJB in there for 6 minutes doing JJB things, especially considering his chemistry with Boban.
Like Reply
They will run us over and shoot free throws as a reward. Everybody knows it’s coming. Won’t be a fair fight. Zero chance. That’s what the NBA is all about. But the league isn’t actually rigged. Just handicapped. Which means the Mavs have a puncher's chance. And what a 1-2 punch they have!
Like Reply
If we get blown out tonight, we sure won't be the only team to have that happen. I hope it does not. The Mavs have done a great job all year of not letting blowouts happen to them. We have been very lucky in not having to watch blow outs. 

I look for the Mavs offense to keep us in the game again.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(08-21-2020, 10:57 AM)michaeltex Wrote: IMO, the Clips are going to come out and try to make a statement that they are a lot better than they showed on Wednesday, so don't be surprised if there is a big lead early in the game. Dal will have to keep playing their game and work back into contention as the game progresses. 

I think this could be another nail-biter, but if the Mavs pull it off they will have proven that they can take best shot of what many consider a main title contender and still win. THAT will really boost their confidence for the rest of the series.

Even if they don't win the series, making it competitive will help the recruitment effort during the FA window.
Agreed.   I think the Clippers will come out and get up on the Mavs to start the game and try to pressure Luka and create turnovers so that they can get an early lead. If the mavs can weather that storm early on, then  I think they have a good chance to win this game.  I also think perhaps the Mavs should have another guard bring the ball up on a number of possessions during this game, just to mix things up.
Like Reply
The formula is to frustrate Luka. Knock him around. I am not sure doubling will work, he is so clever. Aggressive defense is tough bc it likely means you will get fouls in the process but you hope to frustrate Luka. They will need the refs help but like I have said, the refs so far are calling fouls on Luka that he hasn't been getting. My hope is that next season Luka finally gets the star treatment he deserves. He should be getting at many FTA's as Harden.
Like Reply
Big game. Lets hope Kristaps and Luka are gonna come and squash the Clips!

Awful stuff from THJ there.

Lets go KP!! Great shot

They keep hitting Luka in the face.

Kleber off the dribble dunk?? Okay!

KP FROM DOWNTOWN DISNEY!

And then DFS does a controlled drive and draws a foul?? Great stuff from DFS!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
OMG, these NBA refs are just horrible.  Calling fouls they don't even see.
Like Reply