Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 6.0 pt RAPTOR & 6.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Clippers
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 2 (1st Rnd): DAL (1-1) @ LAC (1-1) | 127-114 win
I think Luka has played in 12 tournaments, play-offs, cups in his career and he´s won 7. I´m okay, if we win seven titles in the next 12 years. Big Grin
Like Reply
(08-19-2020, 11:04 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Burke showing a little more explosion/quickness than we've seen from Brunson. He looked like a young JJB tonight

I think there's about a 100% chance Burke gets JJB's roster spot next season. He's earned it.
Like Reply
(08-19-2020, 11:06 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I think Luka has played in 12 tournaments, play-offs, cups in his career and he´s won 7. I´m okay, if we win seven titles in the next 12 years. Big Grin

If Luka manages to win 7 titles in 12 years..... my goodness. Thats GOAT status.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(08-19-2020, 11:07 PM)Tyler Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 11:04 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Burke showing a little more explosion/quickness than we've seen from Brunson. He looked like a young JJB tonight

I think there's about a 100% chance Burke gets JJB's roster spot next season. He's earned it.
He´s another of those crazy irrational confidence players, that can give you a lift some nights. For the minimum it´s a no brainer. With Brunson back next year, we can always pick the spots and ride Burke´s good nights. Also how dumb are the Clippers always allowing him to go right.
Like Reply
(08-19-2020, 11:03 PM)Jym Wrote: Perimeter defense is amazing but I'm so glad they left their interior defense wide open at the deadline 
Luka can get a layup at will if he can make it inside 
Exactly
Like Reply
(08-19-2020, 11:11 PM)Hypermav Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 11:03 PM)Jym Wrote: Perimeter defense is amazing but I'm so glad they left their interior defense wide open at the deadline 
Luka can get a layup at will if he can make it inside 
Exactly

Only seen it small spurts but Maxi/KP could make for the best defensive big-man pairing in league 
They should keep starting together
And adding an elite perimeter defender or 2 would really help them out
Like Reply
btw we have home court advantage Smile
Like Reply
Maxi and KP were good together tonight. So much better than last night. They are a little rough around the edges but the pairing has some potential and may not be the horrible pairing we thought we saw in game one.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
Most quietest 28 point night from Luka.. lol
Like Reply
(08-19-2020, 11:18 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Maxi and KP were good together tonight. So much better than last night. They are a little rough around the edges but the pairing has some potential and may not be the horrible pairing we thought we saw in game one.

Maxi has the most difficult task. He is a PF/C and has to guard one of the best iso scorers in the league for 30+ minutes.
Like Reply
What a great team effort today, just amazing. Good defense, good rebounding, taking care of the ball with just 9 turnovers and "role players" really stepped up offensively. Luka started and bench finished. Wow! Not much they could improve, a couple of missed FT too many, a couple of stupid and-ones, but that's it. Got nervous in last 5 minutes but managed to safely finish, also thanks to Clippers missing some open looks. Clippers were really cold offensively (also good D by Mavs). First half I was saying to myself - damn their team is deeeeep. George was cold but there was Jackson hitting 3 threes, Morris being his excellent self and Williams the 6th man of the year performance. Still, it wasn't enough.

I am even more pissed of at game1 refs. It COULD have been 2-0 at this point! 

(08-19-2020, 11:07 PM)Tyler Wrote: I think there's about a 100% chance Burke gets JJB's roster spot next season. He's earned it.

He should get Wrights spot. Burke was just excellent. Trying hard on defense while being smart and efficient on offense, taking the advantage of mismatches Clippers were offering (like Green guarding him). Wright is so lost offensively for most of the time, it is painfull to watch.
Like Reply
(08-19-2020, 11:22 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 11:18 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Maxi and KP were good together tonight. So much better than last night. They are a little rough around the edges but the pairing has some potential and may not be the horrible pairing we thought we saw in game one.

Maxi has the most difficult task. He is a PF/C and has to guard one of the best iso scorers in the league for 30+ minutes.
Things I noticed about Maxi:

- Maxi had a play where he was near to the baseline aggressively set to post up Morris (or PG?) which seem strange to me because thats NOT his playing style to demand the ball, Luka pass up to DFS instead. 

- Maxi got bench and as soon as he sat down kick the banner in front, like he wasn't happy with his play.

- Maxi didn't just guard Kawhi as much as all game like GM 1, he was guarding PG and Morris in the 1st half then 2nd half back to defending Kawhi. Thought it was great that when Kawhi try to switch Maxi off, he still had to get guarded by DFS. He had 1 block on Kawhi.

- Maxi may have gotten the teams first points and his only points, but he did a great job grabbing the boards with a team leading of 10, 3 of those being key offensive rebounds.
Like Reply