Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR dogs & 1.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
88.89%
8 88.89%
Rockets
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 68: HOU (41-24) @ DAL (40-28) | 149-153 OT loss
(07-31-2020, 03:57 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 03:22 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 10:31 AM)haveitall Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 10:06 AM)MrGoat Wrote: It's about time the NBA got in on social justice. Seeing messages like Free Hong Kong and End the Uygur Concentration Camps will... oh wait they won't have those messages.

(07-31-2020, 10:12 AM)omahen Wrote: I wish NBA (and this forum) would be just about basketball... A little distraction from every day world problems.
I wish that as well.  I wish that I could watch sports without politics or prejudice, but it is being forced down my throat.

Standing up against racism isn't "politics being forced down your throat." Never surprises me when redneck ass southern conservatives feel this way.

I bet someone will bring up China.  Do I wish they spoke out against China too?  I do.  But two wrongs dont make a right.

I'll probably relocate to the Mavs subreddit where the fans are younger and more progressive.  That old Harrison Barnes should preach to Luka thread was an eye opener to how many batshit crazy fans we have.

I just remembered that Magick made me a moderator. Dog gone. 

Alrighty then, let's see if I can act like a moderator...

JS82, I'm with you on the importance of combating racism. But your post showed some blindspots as well. Mainly that there are lots of reasons why there are differences of opinions beyond being urban or rural, from certain regions of the country, and being sound of mind. You're throwing steriotypes around like the racists! 

I hope you stay with us, and if you do, respond without name calling. 

Everyone else, I actually love these topics. I don't mind some controversy. But some folks certainly would prefer to focus on basketball here at this basketball based community. 

Here's the acting like a mod directive:

If anyone wants to keep this topic going, if you get tempted to respond here, create another thread for that topic, or find one already created. 
Just saw this post of yours.  I'll be a good boy and stay with the game topic!
Like Reply
Anyone know anything about dfs tonight? Draftkings has him listed as questionable, but I can’t find anything.
Like Reply
Love me some Mavs basketball! I don’t expect them to be good at non-basketball stuff like answering political questions. I do expect them to know how to keep Westbrook away from the rim and Hardin away from the charity stripe. If they can do that, I can live with standing, kneeling, equality, stupidity, whatever. Go Mavs! Get basketball right!
Like Reply
(07-31-2020, 10:06 AM)MrGoat Wrote: It's about time the NBA got in on social justice. Seeing messages like Free Hong Kong and End the Uygur Concentration Camps will... oh wait they won't have those messages.

When did the republican party start caring about muslim lives either in the US or abroad? Let me answer that. Never!

Them using Uyghur Muslims put in concentration camps by china as a rally cry is comical.
Like Reply
Hhmmm no Mavs broadcast on NBA Leaguepass here in Aus it just plays the Houston homers when I pick the Mavs option ☹️
Like Reply
Watching the foxsw stream while it fills time due to the previous game going over. THJ is touring the cameras through the bubble and everybody's wearing masks. Why? Isn’t the whole point of the bubble that COVID can’t get in? Are they really wearing masks in there?
Like Reply
The NBA are pulling out all the BS in the world to keep Giannis in this game. He should have fouled out on the puch to Theis´ crotch, which somehow goes from "it´s not a flagrant foul to it´s no foul at all", and now they reverse an offensive foul, too. So basically Giannis is playing with seven fouls. Hey this is like summerleague afterall.
Like Reply
Tip-off!!!
Like Reply
Fricking Mavs kneeling for our national anthem makes me sick.  Do they not realize how many Americans have fought and died to preserve the freedom and way of life we now enjoy?  This is a slap in the face to our veterans.  There has to be another way to protest police abuses.  Such criminal cops do not represent the USA overall.
Like Reply
Slow start
Too much force feeding KP, just play normal game and push it in to KP when he rolls to the basket or get offensive rebounds.
No shots for Curry or Hardaway yet.
Like Reply
Refs call foul on Mavs only after Covington falls down.
Like Reply
New bubble flopping scheme. Just scream really loud and act like somebody shot you. Without fans the refs will hear you and blow the whistle.
Like Reply
(07-31-2020, 08:34 PM)mtrot Wrote: Fricking Mavs kneeling for our national anthem makes me sick.  Do they not realize how many Americans have fought and died to preserve the freedom and way of life we now enjoy?  This is a slap in the face to our veterans.  There has to be another way to protest police abuses.  Such criminal cops do not represent the USA overall.
The whining about this is becoming as annoying as the woke scolding. You knew they were going to kneel. Get over it.
Like Reply
Come on Maxi, just stay well away from Harden.  They are going to give him the call if you get anywhere near him.

Well well, the Mavs benefit from a late whistle!
Like Reply
Refs are clowns.
Like Reply
Now Green gets the touch foul call.  Seems like that was a play on.

This is turning into the All Star game!
Like Reply
Coronavirus rules: anyone within 6 feet of Harden gets called for an automatic foul.
Like Reply
We got no answer for scruffy.  Unicorn playing well!!!!
Like Reply
(07-31-2020, 08:50 PM)Tyler Wrote: Coronavirus rules: anyone within 6 feet of Harden gets called for an automatic foul.
Yes just like the Dwayne Wade proximity fouls the refs used to always call against us.

Boban!
Like Reply
It was the best of quarters, it was the worst of quarters...
Like Reply