Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR dogs & 1.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
88.89%
8 88.89%
Rockets
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 68: HOU (41-24) @ DAL (40-28) | 149-153 OT loss
Heart 
[Image: ESwZCxVUcAw_-N5?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
Like Reply
We have to win this one. Surely the game will be physical so we have to show some muscle and heart.
Like Reply
Lets hope Ben McLemore doesn't go career night against the Mavs.  I'm guessing that is who will replace Gordon.
Like Reply
Believe the latest is that they're going to slot danuel house in there in Gordon's stead. 

As always, a must win game.
Like Reply
I hope HOU don't watch our last scrimmage, if they do Russ is gonna drop 40 pts on pos-ups. KP HAS to take advantage on the mismatches.
Like Reply
(07-30-2020, 06:41 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: I hope HOU don't watch our last scrimmage, if they do Russ is gonna drop 40 pts on pos-ups. KP HAS to take advantage on the mismatches.

I really wonder how will they distribute defensive assignments. Who will KP guard. I would probably put him on Westbrook. 

The only way I see KP take advantage of mismatches is with offensive rebounds, perhaps as a rolling man - although Luka and KP usually go for pick and pop. He is not strong enough (too high center of gravity) to post up smaller players. We have another player who should absolutely toy with Houston Little People

How do you think Houston guards us? I guess Tucker and Covington on KP and Luka. It would be crucial if Luka could fill one of them with fouls early.
Like Reply
(07-30-2020, 06:55 AM)omahen Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 06:41 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: I hope HOU don't watch our last scrimmage, if they do Russ is gonna drop 40 pts on pos-ups. KP HAS to take advantage on the mismatches.

I really wonder how will they distribute defensive assignments. Who will KP guard. I would probably put him on Westbrook. 

The only way I see KP take advantage of mismatches is with offensive rebounds, perhaps as a rolling man - although Luka and KP usually go for pick and pop. He is not strong enough (too high center of gravity) to post up smaller players. We have another player who should absolutely toy with Houston Little People

How do you think Houston guards us? I guess Tucker and Covington on KP and Luka. It would be crucial if Luka could fill one of them with fouls early.

Covington is the rim protector. Or at least he was prior to the break. They rarely use him against the best opposing player and try to take advantage of his great help defense.
Like Reply
(07-30-2020, 06:55 AM)omahen Wrote:

KP scored 35 points in the last game vs Houston with only 1 made 3 pointer and had 3 offensive rebounds. Luka didn’t play.
Like Reply
KP should light them up again. Bobi could have a field day on on offense, but he'd probably be a liability on defense. Luka on the post might be a money-maker. If we get them focused enough on the inside, then Seth, THJ and Maxi should have a lot of good looks from 3pt range.

One of the keys will be to not get too worked up about Harden and Westbrook driving to the basket. If Harden is dominating the ball, don't add to his point totals by getting caught in his fouling game. Stay out of foul trouble in the first half then make them pay in the 2nd.

If they move House to the starting lineup, their bench will be even thinner, so this might get ugly when the starters sit. I'm hoping so at least.

It would be great to be only 1/2 game out with 6 to play.
Like Reply
(07-30-2020, 08:59 AM)michaeltex Wrote: with 6 to play.

Seven to play
Like Reply
Even better.  Cool
Like Reply
Guys, I'm genuinely happy to see this post. Amazing that we are once again here, together; all of us. A few months ago, i wondered when i would be able to watch something like again. And here we are, a day away from a real life Mavericks game. Luka, KP, Maxi, Boban, JJ, the guys; all on my tv again. That's whats up. I'm just happy to see another game. Against the Rockets? Pfft, hell yeah. Whoop that ass. Luka goes off against the Rockets, for whatever reason. I've noticed he plays his best against Rockets/Spurs. I think his Spanish influence, and their views on rivalries; has something to do with him probably catapulting the Mavs as best in Texas now. Tee hee.

W.
Like Reply
Don't forget that Rick exploited the Rox earlier in the season by forcing the ball out of Jim Harden's hands.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Waiting on the Dr. to claim what type of game this is. At that point the pre-game part of the thread will be complete!
Like Reply
Will be interesting to watch the effort level in this one. This game is almost completely meaningless in the scheme of things. Houston has clinched and we have a huge cushion with home field meaning nothing in these playoffs. Basically just need to stay healthy here
Like Reply
(07-30-2020, 04:09 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Will be interesting to watch the effort level in this one. This game is almost completely meaningless in the scheme of things. Houston has clinched and we have a huge cushion with home field meaning nothing in these playoffs. Basically just need to stay healthy here

Mavs are still trying to avoid the Clippers. Not likely but also not impossible.
Like Reply
(07-30-2020, 04:25 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 04:09 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Will be interesting to watch the effort level in this one. This game is almost completely meaningless in the scheme of things. Houston has clinched and we have a huge cushion with home field meaning nothing in these playoffs. Basically just need to stay healthy here

Mavs are still trying to avoid the Clippers. Not likely but also not impossible.
This game is a large help in accomplishing that goal too.
Like Reply
(07-30-2020, 01:15 AM)Luka_Magic Wrote: Believe the latest is that they're going to slot danuel house in there in Gordon's stead. 

As always, a must win game.
https://twitter.com/Rockets_Insider/status/1288929182395895808?s=20

Looks that way.

https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/128...65281?s=20

https://twitter.com/AdamSpolane/status/1...27490?s=20
Like Reply
https://media.giphy.com/media/3rgXBK5ADO.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Just like the players I will take a knee and skip this season in protest of BLM.
Like Reply