Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrimmage 1: Mavs vs. Lakers (108-104 win)
Seth and Luka are ready.
Like Reply
Can we sign Seth to another 7 year extension on top of his current contract? Just wondering...
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
SETH CURRY IS AUTOMATIC.

What a block from Delon.
Like Reply
Bobi putting em in the spin cycle
Like Reply
2nd unit looks a bit better now with Wright being more aggressive and Boban doing Boban things.

BOBAN FOR 3!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Boban is now ready.  We got three with Maxi and Tim getting close.
Like Reply
(07-23-2020, 07:31 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: What a block from Delon.

I hope Rick doesn't ride Barea too hard
Really want to see what Wright can do with a defined 30 mpg role where he's the main ball handler when Luka sits or is being doubled
Like Reply
(07-23-2020, 07:48 PM)Jym Wrote: I hope Rick doesn't ride Barea too hard
Really want to see what Wright can do with a defined 30 mpg role where he's the main ball handler when Luka sits or is being doubled

Agreed. I actually think we look better when JJB doesn't have the ball (at least in this game).
Like Reply
(07-23-2020, 07:53 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Agreed. I actually think we look better when JJB doesn't have the ball (at least in this game).

The Wright situation has been the most surprising to me all season
Thought for sure he was going to be a Rick guy who would possibly lead the team in minutes. I wonder where the disconnect is there.
No real excuse with Brunson out. He needs the chance to be that guy
Like Reply
I don't care who is playing, I want to win!!!!
Like Reply
I know this win is meaningless and the 3rd stringers almost gave it up BUT

it always feels good when the Lakers lose.
Like Reply
My impressions:
1. I didn't know I am watching LakerTV. Come on NBA, that is just ridiculous. 98 % time speaking about Lakers and barely mentioning Mavs here and there.
2. First half was on a very good level. Guys didn't seem very rusty, much better basketball than I expected. 
3. Our starting five are excellent offensively. This will be a very dangerous line-up. Seth was smoking hot on offense but is a bit of a liability on defense.
4. Second five were bad, mostly due to bad playmaking. Barea was by far worst guy on floor. Zero effect today, punding the ball and not creating anything. Wright still seems lost in the system to me, reminds me a lot of DSJ. He is not a defensive force we would like him to be either. Mavs will have serious problems with Luka resting.
5. Judging after game 1, I am optimistic. Guys look ready. Luka, KP, Curry, THJ, DFS, Maxi, Bobi are capable rotation players. We desperately need Wright to step up. And hope there are no injuries, as bench is really thin.
Like Reply
Last time we play the Lakers until the WCF.
Like Reply
(07-23-2020, 08:16 PM)omahen Wrote: We desperately need Wright to step up.

YES. His bench PG play is KEY to any playoff run.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/12...50401?s=20

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/12...88166?s=20
Like Reply
We need DFS to get a lot better and JJB to be a non rotation spark plug. Physically, KP looked like we are expecting him to next year (it really already is kinda next year), Seth is way better than I expected, and Luka is Luka. If the Mavs can escape the 7th seed, I have high hopes.
Like Reply
(07-23-2020, 10:44 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: We need DFS to get a lot better

I don't understand this statement. DFS did get a lot better and is way overplaying his contract. What else do you expect? He plays defense and hits open threes. I am not saying he is a surefire starter on a contender and I would look for improvement in his spot, but I am very satisfied with his development and plays.

Secondary (or bench) playmaking is by far the biggest issue we have at the moment. I agree JJB is a non rotation spark at best at this stage of his career.
Like Reply

1. Obviously the rotation was deeper that it will be in a few weeks. You don't normally do an entire line change after the first 5 minutes. (Is Rick a closet NHL fan?)
  2. Seth was dialed in. Curry pride is resting on him this year and it looks like he's up to it. BTW, I don't think he touched the guy on the challenged foul. Lakers getting Laker calls.
  3. Who get's to select the NBATV announcers in the bubble? Do they use the "home" team audio feed?
  4. It ended up well, but LeBron and AD didn't play the 2nd half and I think the LA length is going to be a problem in the playoffs. That's where we are going to miss DP this offseason, although Bobi could make things interesting if he finds a comfort zone. (keep practicing those 3s big guy!)
  5. Anybody else notice how Bobi makes DHoward look like a little kid? 
Like Reply
(07-24-2020, 10:13 AM)michaeltex Wrote:
  1. Obviously the rotation was deeper that it will be in a few weeks. You don't normally do an entire line change after the first 5 minutes. (Is Rick a closet NHL fan?)
  2. Seth was dialed in. Curry pride is resting on him this year and it looks like he's up to it. BTW, I don't think he touched the guy on the challenged foul. Lakers getting Laker calls.
  3. Who get's to select the NBATV announcers in the bubble? Do they use the "home" team audio feed?
  4. It ended up well, but LeBron and AD didn't play the 2nd half and I think the LA length is going to be a problem in the playoffs. That's where we are going to miss DP this offseason, although Bobi could make things interesting if he finds a comfort zone. (keep practicing those 3s big guy!)

JJB has a better chance of stopping AD than Dwight bro. RC should consider starting Maxi vs the Lakers tho.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(07-24-2020, 10:39 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 10:13 AM)michaeltex Wrote:

JJB has a better chance of stopping AD than Dwight bro. RC should consider starting Maxi vs the Lakers tho.

I agree that DP isn't likely to stop AD, that's a job nobody has figured out yet. I was thinking the extra long body would help with their rotation of AD/DH/JMc, especially with WCS deciding to stay home. DP does allow KP to work as a help defender, but it's often 2 on 1 with their bigs.

Conspiracy theory....What matchup does NBA management want in the finals to maximize interest and revenue? Who do they want in the conference finals? I'm saying LALs and Bucks for the finals and LAL/LAC for WCF and Bucks/Raps for ECF. The conspiracy is whether the refs are getting the word as well.
Like Reply