Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR favs & 1.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
4 50.00%
Jazz
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 54: UTA (35-18) @ DAL (32-22) | 119-123 loss
(02-11-2020, 12:55 AM)omahen Wrote: Let's not be fooled by a final score, this game was not close. Mavs had no chance of winning. But to be honest, Utah is an extremely good team.

1. Most of you already said it, this small ball line-ups are not working. They just lead to missmatches all the time with our center guarding perimeter and one of the midgets battling with Gobert
2. Defense is bad. Bad pick'n'roll defense, especially bad transission defense. Stupid switches
3. Wright a big dissapointment again. Where is his defense? Offensively I already gave up on him
Wright single handedly killed all the 84-80 momentum. He´s poor on defense, shown by the fact that it´s always DFS or THJ, who draw the scoring guard assignment and a ballstopper on offense. His contract will be a b*tch to trade, similar to Galloway or Moore.
Like Reply
(02-11-2020, 12:55 AM)omahen Wrote: Let's not be fooled by a final score, this game was not close. Mavs had no chance of winning. But to be honest, Utah is an extremely good team.

1. Most of you already said it, this small ball line-ups are not working. They just lead to missmatches all the time with our center guarding perimeter and one of the midgets battling with Gobert
2. Defense is bad. Bad pick'n'roll defense, especially bad transission defense. Stupid switches
3. Wright a big dissapointment again. Where is his defense? Offensively I already gave up on him
Utah looked like the far superior team. Quin Snyder did a really bad job by not calling a timeout somewhere in the 6 to 3 minute mark by not calling a timeout but the damage was already done. THJ played out of his mind too with THS in attendance

WCS looked good when he was in, but when he was in for some reason neither of Maxi and KP were in. Cauley-Stein scored easily with Gobert out but didn't have many chances to get rebounds with JJ and Seth allowing so many easy perimeter points to Clarkson and Bog. And pretty soon after WCS got Bradley into foul trouble and the Jazz put Gobert back in Rick pulled WCS never to be seen again. I will keep on with the Free Willy memes after seeing that
Like Reply
This game made me think. Right now, I have us at 13th (With Luka) in talent compared to other teams. Middle of the pack. Imagine if we got one or two good players with our 30M in the summer and resigned everybody (KP/Kleber/DFS). Curry got the over the cap MLE and WCS was traded for the UTA 2nd so it wouldn't change much. Lee's 12M and the TPE are now gone. If we want to add major talent it's only via trade (nobody will take our MLE), with no salary match for the big ones. Jackson/Wright/2 1st rounders/Various 2nd rounders are our "assets". Not sure how the S&T works (in terms of salary matching), but it seems to be a solution.

Doncic/THJ/X/KP/X
Brunson/Curry/DFS/Kleber/Powell (WCS)
Like Reply
(02-11-2020, 12:02 AM)hakeemfan Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 11:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: MAXI IS NOT A CENTER. HE IS BETTER THAN -31 (his on/off tonight), IF HE IS ACTUALLY PUT IN A POSITION (his natural position!) TO SUCCEED.

Maxi is not a center. He is not a very good starting caliber power forward either if making a deep run in the playoffs is what is needed.

Doesnt take enough two pointers for you?  LMAO

Maxi is easily a starting caliber player depending on his role.  If he's asked to play a Bruce Bowen role of shooting 3s and playing defense, he's terrific.  He can be your 4th or 5th starter just fine.

Can you name the 4th and 5th best starters for the Lakers, Clippers, and Bucks?  Or do you think he's worse than Wes Mathews, Zubac, and Avery Bradley?

(02-11-2020, 08:02 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: This game made me think. Right now, I have us at 13th (With Luka) in talent compared to other teams. Middle of the pack. Imagine if we got one or two good players with our 30M in the summer and resigned everybody (KP/Kleber/DFS). 

Delon Wright was the second player on their list after Kemba (LOL).
Like Reply
(02-11-2020, 12:02 AM)hakeemfan Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 11:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: MAXI IS NOT A CENTER. HE IS BETTER THAN -31 (his on/off tonight), IF HE IS ACTUALLY PUT IN A POSITION (his natural position!) TO SUCCEED.

Maxi is not a center. He is not a very good starting caliber power forward either if making a deep run in the playoffs is what is needed.

HF, you are one of the greatest posters here and in the history of the various boards, which is why it baffles me that you would hold this opinion. I wouldn't start Maxi either, because I think his strength is from the bench, but he is one of the Mavs' key players and keepers for sure.
Like Reply