Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-1) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (1-0)
Maxi! you love to see it!
Like Reply
Great win. Maxi won that game
Like Reply
Defense made the difference.
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • fifteenth, The Jom
Like Reply
Mavs small ball lineup is better. That's the matchup advantage they need to exploit in the coming games. Play Zubac off the floor and go to work.
Like Reply
We need one more scorer that can also put it on the floor and one more outright sniper as targets in the summer. Defense was spectacular. Washington and Kleber were huge in the 4th quarter. Lively had a great game and somewhat surprising Green hustled 7 rebounds. Also finally played the smarter offense in the 4th.
[-] The following 5 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • ballsrchr, From Dirk to Luka, Lukedoncic, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Lue went small for just a bit and the Mavs used that time well.
Like Reply
(04-23-2024, 11:59 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Mavs small ball lineup is better. That's the matchup advantage they need to exploit in the coming games. Play Zubac off the floor and go to work.

Clips know it. They won’t sit Zub.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
PJ finally did something
Like Reply
(04-23-2024, 11:55 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Defense made the difference.
And timely 3s that (re-)built the lead midway through the 4th. That strech put is in position and we were able to maintain that due to good D.
Like Reply
Lowest shooting percentage of the season for the Clippers. Cool 

Tbh I have not watched much of the other games, but I don´t think you´ll see a lot better defense from both teams in a game.
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 12:01 AM)The Jom Wrote: Clips know it. They won’t sit Zub.

They have to if PJ and Kleber shoot a decent percentage from 3 or (even better) if the Mavs can put him in foul trouble.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
We could bury these guys in 5 if we start Maxi
Like Reply
Huge win. Great job bringing it home!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes nicholasthefan's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 12:04 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: They have to if PJ and Kleber shoot a decent percentage from 3 or (even better) if the Mavs can put him in foul trouble.

This is the way. 

The Kleber/Washington front court is how we get to Muadib's Golden Path.
Like Reply
Phenomenal defense and a great win. Offense will start to get going at some point. Luka will have a game where threes will go in at a higher percentage and Mavs will look awesome at that point. The other guys were great today, other than a bit too many mistakes (blown easy opportunities, turnovers - 7 on them).

Perhaps a good thing Kawhi returned because he was very rusty
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(04-23-2024, 11:33 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Yep. The frustrating thing is Lively should be owning the paint on both ends. He’s right there, you can just tell his mind is not fully in it. And he’s not as aggressive. He SHOULD be the guy though

I do not think Lively is 100% physically (we know he is adjusting to life emotionally). There was a play in which Lively got a feed and he couldn’t get lift to finish. His base is not stable. His quickness is satisfactory but his lift to finish isn’t quite there… Yet
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkenfromLMF's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 12:23 AM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: I do not think Lively is 100% physically (we know he is adjusting to life emotionally). There was a play in which Lively got a feed and he couldn’t get lift to finish. His base is not stable. His quickness is satisfactory but his lift to finish isn’t quite there…  Yet

Agreed. On the other hand, there were several instances of him getting isolated on the perimeter against a ball-handler in which he held his own much better than I expected tonight.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Scott41theMavs, Smitty, The Jom
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 12:25 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Agreed. On the other hand, there were several instances of him getting isolated on the perimeter against a ball-handler in which he held his own much better than I expected tonight.

Yes! Dude is soooooooooooo impressive!
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Agree with everyone that Mavs D won them this game. In particular, Maxi, Luka and PJ stood out tonight. Great overall effort though. I hope Gafford is ok. Haven’t heard any updates on his back, but at least he has a couple days off to rest it.

One thing I really see the Mavs needing to win this series is some sort of an offensive contribution from Green and Exum. Both of them had opportunities to take open shots or penetrate to the rim, and both, with a couple exceptions, passed up those opps and deferred to Luka or Kyrie. I always felt that Exum’s points in particular were important throughout this season, especially down the stretch….we need those now. Both of them also still seem a bit awe struck by the moment. I hope they get over that and that the game slows down for them a bit….
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 3 users Like OBX Maverick's post:
  • ballsrchr, KillerLeft, omahen
Like Reply
The defense was so good last night. Actually both teams defense. Mav gave up very little uncontested looks from outside and their size really had an impact with the clippers trying to score inside the paint. They recorded 7 blocks. It felt like 15
Like Reply