Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-1) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (1-0)
[Image: GLt_zbWbIAAWLpY?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I really want the mavs to be the more aggressive team tonight.  Attack.  Lets do that than looking for mismatches.  I know that is a big part of our offense but I hope to get guys like Gafford going early. 

In all honesty, the shots Harden hit are probably something you need to live with.   MOst of them were with a hand in his face.  Contest his shots.  You just need to keep him off the free throw lane or throwing lobs.   Make him try to finish in the paint.  

The road teams not winning yet on the playoffs is a bit concerning but both Philly and LAL should have taken home those games.
Like Reply
(04-23-2024, 01:11 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I really want the mavs to be the more aggressive team tonight.  Attack.  Lets do that than looking for mismatches.  I know that is a big part of our offense but I hope to get guys like Gafford going early. 

In all honesty, the shots Harden hit are probably something you need to live with.   MOst of them were with a hand in his face.  Contest his shots.  You just need to keep him off the free throw lane or throwing lobs.   Make him try to finish in the paint.  

The road teams not winning yet on the playoffs is a bit concerning but both Philly and LAL should have taken home those games.

Cannot really get Gafford going if the Clippers contain the pick and roll. In game one they switched all non center screens and played drop defense when Zubac was involved. But they didn't give up the open lob behind Zubac. The weak side defender played off DJJ/PJ in the corner and prevented the easy pass to Gafford/Lively. Need better 3-point shooting to open up the lane.

Watching Harden in the first game it almost felt like Luka was wearing a Clippers jersey. If he plays like this there is nothing you can do. Maybe box-and-one or traps as soon as he catches the ball but you aren't getting away with schemes like this when the other team also has George, Westbrook, Powell and Mann (maybe Kawhi). Hopefully he has his usual playoff meltdown.
Like Reply
First half Luka switched onto Harden and we got killed. Second half Luka spent a lot of time assigned to guard Harden from the get go. Which led to slightly less effective isos. Was an interesting adjustment.

But it’s the offensive end where we’ll win or lose this series. Have to score points. Have to make Clips pay for playing dinosaur bigs. More of the same and everybody is gonna have to admit I was right comparing Zubac to Joker.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
ESPN Sources with @NotoriousOHM: Clippers star Kawhi Leonard will go through his normal warmup routine for Game 2 vs. Dallas and his availability has now become a game-time decision.

After missing nine straight games with right knee inflammation, Kawhi Leonard is on the cusp of his debut in these Western Conference playoffs.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-23-2024, 06:45 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
ESPN Sources with @NotoriousOHM: Clippers star Kawhi Leonard will go through his normal warmup routine for Game 2 vs. Dallas and his availability has now become a game-time decision.

After missing nine straight games with right knee inflammation, Kawhi Leonard is on the cusp of his debut in these Western Conference playoffs.

Go at him.  Tough to miss that much time and be great right away.  He is great though.  Go at him though
Like Reply
(04-23-2024, 06:45 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)

[Image: ben-affleck-affleck.gif]
Like Reply
The problem in game 1 was that I was on my work trip still and couldn't watch. Much like the infamous DrMav trip to Buffalo Wild Wings, I inadvertently caused a Mavs loss.

Tonight, I'll be watching as per usual, so we can all expect a victory, don't worry.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, MFFL
Like Reply

I am afraid Mavs are done for Cry
Like Reply
I'm glad Kawhi is back. Clippers were playing with "wounded syndrome" and being really scrappy. I am feeling good about tonight.
Like Reply
Holy hell this is a physical start.
Like Reply
PJ can’t finish at all
Like Reply
The whistles are helping quite a bit.
Like Reply
Can somebody tell Luka that this isn't the allstar game...
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Our big men just aren't durable
Like Reply
Not helping Gafford. Report from HQ must say ok to beat on Plumlee/Gaff.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
GREAT defense from lively and Luka
Like Reply
Not enough sprinting back on defense. They're defending well, once they get set. Cross matches are a problem against a team this deep.
Like Reply
Luka killing it on defense
[-] The following 1 user Likes GATA's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Just cannot score. Luka and Kyrie are both struggling. Clippers don't care about the Mavs "shooters" and always have a help defender on drives.
Like Reply