Poll: Who will win the game? (Sixers 8.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
33.33%
3 33.33%
Sixers
66.67%
6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 28: DAL (19-9) @ PHI (20-10) | 117-98 win (Mavs 11-2 on the road)
(12-21-2019, 12:08 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Obviously, they have that banger we're lacking

People want a lot of "missing" pieces. But that's really the only thing we're lacking. A banger. This team is very complete. We have great offensive players, one great, one very good and a couple of above average defensive players, good shooters, good inside players. 

I hate to mess with what is increasingly becoming great chemistry. The expendable pieces appear to be JJ and JB. Although both have had their moments as well.
Like Reply
I was just kidding. We're a better rebounding team than banger Embid's team

(12-20-2019, 01:38 AM)MrGoat Wrote: My most burning question for this game is will Ryan from accounting make another appearance and show that maybe he's out of the dog house

You summoned him!

(12-20-2019, 01:29 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Sixers lost to the Heat, when they went zone. Philly couldn't make 3"s and they swarmed Embiid in the paint. Doesn't mean they will miss them again tonight, but I'm sure Carlisle will employ the same tactic. Sixers are a huge team, with no starter below 6'6.

dude, respect
Like Reply
(12-20-2019, 11:14 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: So do the Carlisle haters think the Mavs had the most basketball talent on the floor tonight?  Or that their record for the season underperforms their talent level?
Nope 500 other coaches could do just as good...I have been convinced by the haters with their spot on posts over the years since 2010...10 years of reading their excellent opinions...10 years they have been right...

https://media.giphy.com/media/DbG7bONFzzRcc/giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Mavs finally won a game where THJ had a great game!

I'm also not sure what's so special about Ben Simmons. I will never be a fan of someone who can't shoot a basketball. (Yes, I know there's more to basketball than shooting but still..)
Like Reply
(12-21-2019, 12:52 AM)embellisher Wrote: But that's really the only thing we're lacking. A banger.

No we don't. We have one and we don't use him. If anything, it would be just great if they could teach Maxi, Powell and KP some post up moves. The rest is great. 

(12-21-2019, 03:08 AM)donzingis38 Wrote: I'm also not sure what's so special about Ben Simmons. I will never be a fan of someone who can't shoot a basketball. (Yes, I know there's more to basketball than shooting but still..)

Exactly! Giving him a max contract was a huge mistake that will be hurting Sixers for a long time, unless he starts shooting. It is absolutely ridiculous that he doesn't even try. I watched some Sixers games this year but they didn't look so absolutely terrible on the offensive end. No chance for a deep playoff run. Embid taking that midrange jumpers should be forbidden. Even on defense they have holes, as Embid is a liability because he can't guard on perimeter. They have almost 150 million of sallaries committed to 12 players for the next season. I think they will have to trade either Embid or Simmons. Good luck with finding someone to take that bloated contract.
Like Reply
(12-21-2019, 03:08 AM)donzingis38 Wrote: Mavs finally won a game where THJ had a great game!

I'm also not sure what's so special about Ben Simmons. I will never be a fan of someone who can't shoot a basketball. (Yes, I know there's more to basketball than shooting but still..)

I don't see them reaching elite status with a PG that literally won't shoot outside or even a mid range shot, at all.  Can't think of a similar case in NBA history from the back court.  Even Rajon was willing to shoot outside sometimes. 

He shoots jumpers and free throws with his offhand, that's probably his entire problem, and the teams problem.  It's very unusual because Simmons doesn't even want to discuss the matter.
Like Reply
(12-21-2019, 04:20 AM)omahen Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 12:52 AM)embellisher Wrote: But that's really the only thing we're lacking. A banger.

No we don't. We have one and we don't use him. If anything, it would be just great if they could teach Maxi, Powell and KP some post up moves. The rest is great. 

To whom are you referring? Bobi? I love him but he's not a good defender and not a banger.
Like Reply
(12-21-2019, 10:36 AM)embellisher Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 04:20 AM)omahen Wrote:

To whom are you referring? Bobi? I love him but he's not a good defender and not a banger.

True he's not a real 'banger'.   His defense, historically and statistically is in the ok range so he not terrible, especially in the right matchups.  Right now his problem and any other big man coming in is that they need to be better than the current inside rotation. 

They have to be net better than the combination going right now of KP/Powell/Kleber with Boban being the #4 big on the depth chart?  I'm not even thinking about a banger from the 1/2/3 because you have DFS there and your backcourt rotation is scorching and getting better.  

Yeah, they may bang better but will they be more athletic than those 3, hustle more and give you a better 2-way offensive mix without btw taking away from Doncic/KP and the guys that are right now sharing the offensive load?  This offense is #1.  I just ... don't ... mess with it.

Tbqh, Boban while not a banger is just so friggin big of a body, and he does throw that big body into the post and he rebounds too, that you get somewhat of a banger effect when he's in the game and as posted earlier, Rick doesn't often even find the need to use that. 

You almost have to be talking about an Allstar front line player, unless you're talking about a guy that comes in mainly to bang while giving up something else.   Don't see them being better than the current rotation although maybe you replace Bobi with a real banger, but you'll also lose a situational advantage you hold on to with Boban as an ace in the hole.
Like Reply
(12-21-2019, 03:08 AM)donzingis38 Wrote: I'm also not sure what's so special about Ben Simmons. I will never be a fan of someone who can't shoot a basketball.

Think about how much emphasis Dallas puts on offensive spacing and how the resulting open shots make everyone on the roster play above their reputation. Then let this stat sink in:

https://twitter.com/MicahAdams13/status/...1804983296

On the one hand, I think Simmons would be less of an offensive liability at forward than at guard.  On the other, the way the league is evolving I'm not sure his shooting would cut it even as a forward anymore.  He really needs to improve in that area if Philly is ever going to be consistent enough to become a true playoff threat.
Like Reply