Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5: Denver Nuggets (5-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (4-1) | 114-125 loss
(11-03-2023, 10:26 PM)The Jom Wrote: Not lazy. He hasn’t learned how to close out on 3s yet. He’s done it a lot. He’ll learn.

If you say so. I’m betting he has closed out to a corner shooter once or twice.

They were staying connected until like the last minute or so. You know what they say about great teams at the ends of quarters and halves…
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 10:26 PM)The Jom Wrote: Not lazy. He hasn’t learned how to close out on 3s yet. He’s done it a lot. He’ll learn.

First time playing against Jokic’s wonky release too.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Jekyll and Hyde Mavs on full display. Luka taking himself out of the game. THJ with his usual hit or miss plays. Lively and Powell getting bullied.
But through three games my main concern is Kyrie on defense. Mavs are getting absolutely destroyed with him on the floor. So far -17 in 16 minutes despite his solid offensive production. Feels like they are starting every single possession with a mismatch. Not sure if that is more about the coaches or him. They apparently don't want him to guard guys like Murray but against teams with size that automatically results in a mismatch and forces the Mavs to double/collapse or switch even more matchups.
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 10:24 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I am sorry...we all love Luka.  He is one of the the best players in the league, but he is not playing winning ball so far.  What was that?  He scored (thought he was fouled) and when looking at the ref and walking the Nuggets get a dunk at the other end.

Luka can be so frustrating to watch. Like grow the f up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Luka lost the laser focus. I’d like to see him come out and take over in the 2nd half.
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 10:30 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Jekyll and Hyde Mavs on full display. Luka taking himself out of the game. THJ with his usual hit or miss plays. Lively and Powell getting bullied.
But through three games my main concern is Kyrie on defense. Mavs are getting absolutely destroyed with him on the floor. So far -17 in 16 minutes despite his solid offensive production. Feels like they are starting every single possession with a mismatch. Not sure if that is more about the coaches or him. They apparently don't want him to guard guys like Murray but against teams with size that automatically results in a mismatch and forces the Mavs to double/collapse or switch even more matchups.

Kyrie wound up on Joker a few times in the post on switches without a double team, and his eyes lit up. Can't happen.
Like Reply
You simply can’t beat really good teams without DOGS

Pic unrelated

[Image: 01h9hh5s7j6x6d7pry1w.jpg]
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Like Reply
Well no surprise the nuggets are the better team. Let’s see if the Mavs fight in the second half. The scary thing is the nuggets have a few higher levels to get to if they are forced to.

It is so beautiful to watch how they get good shots on every possession. Tough to make big runs on them when they get wide open looks on most possessions. Actually like Grant on Jokic and Lively off ball, but then I see Jokic stats. Ouch. Mavs not connected yet on defense. It will take awhile.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 10:34 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Kyrie wound up on Joker a few times in the post on switches without a double team, and his eyes lit up. Can't happen.

Question is how to make it work. You don't want Luka, Grant W or Lively/Powell defending against quick perimeter guys. That leaves one spot in the lineup if Kyrie cannot do it. Not enough against teams with multiple scoring options. And probably not worth it because of the resulting mismatches.
Like Reply
I am surprised we haven’t seen Exum. I guess it is tough to play jaden, Seth and Exum. I think Exum would be my top choice of the three so far. With Jaden or Seth getting the rest of the minutes.
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 10:39 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I am surprised we haven’t seen Exum.  I guess it is tough to play jaden, Seth and Exum.  I think Exum would be my top choice of the three so far.  With Jaden or Seth getting the rest of the minutes.

Curry has been VERY disappointing early this season, imho.
Like Reply
“What would your special skill be if the zombies came”

“To go to sleep so they didn’t kidnap me”

If only you knew how bad things really are
Like Reply
This may get away quick. Mavs sloppy and getting out hustled to begin third.
Like Reply
Jokic is 10-11 from the field. Yikes!
Like Reply
Lively looks like a rookie tonight. And thats okay when going against Jokic

Watching timmy casually jog on a closeout makes me just wanna bench him.

Watching Luka continually throw it away makes me want to bench him.

Watching Lively play volleyball vs. just rebounding makes me want to bench him.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 10:47 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Lively looks like a rookie tonight. And thats okay when going against Jokic

Yeah a little rough.  The altitude may be a factor.  He has been slow several times getting the rebound.  Also not to much a factor at the rim.

Luka body language is awful tonight.  On one side the nuggets are getting so many easy looks.  We have gone to one on one ball with no connection to each other.  Hopefully this improves.  Not fun to watch imo.
Like Reply
Denver took a chance on MPJ despite his injury history and it's paying off big time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Landon Thomas (@sixfivelando)
The Denver Nuggets have more offensive rebounds than the Dallas Mavericks have total rebounds.

Brutal.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
It's time...Free OMax!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
Brad Townsend (@townbrad)
Looks like Lively came down on Gordon's foot, came up limping. He's testing his ankle during the timeout, but it doesn't look like he's staying in the game.

Mavs aren't giving up

How many no calls will it take before Luka realizes its not going to happen
Jesus
Like Reply