Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5: Denver Nuggets (5-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (4-1) | 114-125 loss
[Image: F97fsfdWEAAtp9A?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
This would be a huge win. Joker is a GTD. Kinda want to see Lively on Joker.
Like Reply
Dallas Mavericks Injury Report vs. Denver Nuggets:

Kyrie Irving - questionable (left foot sprain)
Maxi Kleber - questionable (right small toe dislocation)
Greg Brown III - out (G League two-way)
Dexter Dennis - out (G League two-way)
A.J. Lawson - out (G League two-way)

Denver Nuggets Injury Report vs. Dallas Mavericks:

Jamal Murray - probable (right quadriceps contusion)
Nikola Jokic - probable (low back pain)
Christian Braun - probable (right shin strain)
Vlatko Cancar - out (left knee surgery)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Some tidbits:
Denver is 43-5 at home in games Nikola Jokic plays since the start of the 2022-23 season, including the team's NBA Finals run.

Last time the Mavericks played the Nuggets:
Mavericks started three guards (Green, Ntilikina and Bullock) next to Powell & Doncic
Bullock, Ntilikina and Powell played more than 20 mins, Theo Pinson played 20 mins
McKinley-Wright, A.J. Lawson and McGee played 10 mins or more
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 10:07 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Vlatko Cancar - out (left knee surgery)

Cry Cry Cry - Guess where I am from?

Rewatched the Minny vs Denver game and how they played D on Jokic and think the Mavs could have something simillar up their sleeve. Basically it's not gonna be Lively vs Joker, but I think we could see a lot of Grant on Joker, while Lively is guarding the paint(basically playing off of Aaron Gordon). If there is a guy on our roster who can bang with the Joker it's Grant.
If Kyrie plays then we have a fighting chance imho.
Like Reply
@TheSteinLine
Due to a non-COVID illness, Mavericks coach Jason Kidd did not travel to Denver and will miss tonight's game, sources say.
Sean Sweeney is poised to stand in for Kidd for 4-0 Dallas in the first In-Season Tournament game for both teams.
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 10:52 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: @TheSteinLine
Due to a non-COVID illness, Mavericks coach Jason Kidd did not travel to Denver and will miss tonight's game, sources say.
Sean Sweeney is poised to stand in for Kidd for 4-0 Dallas in the first In-Season Tournament game for both teams.

So Kidd is playing hooky like the rest of us and will be in Arlington for the Ranger parade!
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 10:33 AM)juanc Wrote: Cry Cry Cry - Guess where I am from?

You are a Cancunar
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 10:33 AM)juanc Wrote: Cry Cry Cry - Guess where I am from?

Rewatched the Minny vs Denver game and how they played D on Jokic and think the Mavs could have something simillar up their sleeve. Basically it's not gonna be Lively vs Joker, but I think we could see a lot of Grant on Joker, while Lively is guarding the paint(basically playing off of Aaron Gordon). If there is a guy on our roster who can bang with the Joker it's Grant.
If Kyrie plays then we have a fighting chance imho.

If Grant bangs with Joker, he'll be in foul trouble. You can book it. They're at home.
Like Reply
Just realized that this is an in-season tournament game. Would be hilarious if the Mavs or Nuggets use the opportunity to DNP-rest some of their best players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply

AKA hangover.
Like Reply

So, if the Mavs lose tonight, we can say conclusively that he’s the reason for their 4-0 start.

We can also say that, if he had been coaching, they absolutely would have won.

Right?
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 12:09 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Just realized that this is an in-season tournament game. Would be hilarious if the Mavs or Nuggets use the opportunity to DNP-rest some of their best players.

So, I don't pay attention for a year and a half and now I don't even know how the NBA works? What in the world is an In-season Tournament Game?  Confused
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 02:18 PM)fifteenth Wrote: So, I don't pay attention for a year and a half and now I don't even know how the NBA works? What in the world is an In-season Tournament Game?  Confused

https://www.nba.com/news/in-season-tournament-101

Participation trophy. Money grab. Glorified regular season games. Or the less cynical version. A number of regular season games count towards a mini tournament. Group stage. Followed by single-elimination games.
Like Reply
Shams:

After two-game absence, Dallas Mavericks star Kyrie Irving (foot) will return tonight vs. Denver Nuggets for In-Season Tournament opener, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Mavs are off to 4-0 start to the season.
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 02:37 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: https://www.nba.com/news/in-season-tournament-101

Participation trophy. Money grab. Glorified regular season games. Or the less cynical version. A number of regular season games count towards a mini tournament. Group stage. Followed by single-elimination games.

What I hear is "more pre-playoff minutes loaded on to the ankles, knees, back and energy store of our players."
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 02:56 PM)fifteenth Wrote: What I hear is "more pre-playoff minutes loaded on to the ankles, knees, back and energy store of our players."

Nice to hear from fifteenth! They sold it to the union as no extra work, I understand. But no one cares enough to have the details sorted out. I imagine they’ll explain it to you a dozen times tonight if you watch the game. 

Speaking of the game, I’ve figured out the recipe for beating Denver. It’s exactly how Minny got er done Wednesday night. Get awarded 27 FTs. Give the Nugs just 10. 

Makes you wonder if the league is dead set against a big, slow Euro winning MVP 3 times in a row. Which doesn’t bode well for Luka either.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 03:53 PM)The Jom Wrote: Nice to hear from fifteenth! 

Thanks!!

(11-03-2023, 03:53 PM)The Jom Wrote: They sold it to the union as no extra work

Huh

interesting
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 10:06 AM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: This would be a huge win.  Joker is a GTD.  Kinda want to see Lively on Joker.

I do as well, but I‘m quite sure that Lively will get destroyed and be in foul trouble quickly - but I’m also quite sure that he will learn a ton from his first experience going against the best big man in the game.
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 03:53 PM)The Jom Wrote: Nice to hear from fifteenth! They sold it to the union as no extra work, I understand. But no one cares enough to have the details sorted out. I imagine they’ll explain it to you a dozen times tonight if you watch the game. 

Speaking of the game, I’ve figured out the recipe for beating Denver. It’s exactly how Minny got er done Wednesday night. Get awarded 27 FTs. Give the Nugs just 10. 

Makes you wonder if the league is dead set against a big, slow Euro winning MVP 3 times in a row. Which doesn’t bode well for Luka either.

He won‘t win three times in a row because last season Embiid won it. And then Jokic went on to win the title. So I don’t think the voter’s fatigue will play a role against Jokic this year.
Like Reply