Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: San Antonio Spurs (0-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (1-0)| 119-126 WIN!
(10-25-2023, 09:53 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: It’s pretty clear. When Maxi and grant play, the team is cheeks. When they’re out of the game, things go well. Maxi is no longer an NBA rotation player. Grant can help in spots but needs to be in the right matchup.

I think Grant needs a quick twitch center/forward to play with. Maxi is too slow. Having 2 elephants out there is a death sentence.

Thats why he's looked so much better with Green and Lively in imo.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • dmavs4life03, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Fun half. Williams and Lively looking like upgrades. Luka looking like a grownup. THJ bringing the flamethrower. I’m a fan.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Jom's post:
  • MFFL, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Kleber should be done as an every-game rotation player. Just too slow out there. He can still be somewhat useful depending on certain matchups and some teams but not every night.
Like Reply
Maxi, THJ, and Hardy+ 2027 FRP for OG and we're cooking with gas.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Maxi needs his buddy Powell next to him. Let them be the bench bigs. I think Powell is banged up tonight.

Start Lively, Green, and Grant like all the fans have been wanting.
Like Reply
Hilarious how this board finds a new scapegoat every single season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(10-25-2023, 09:53 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: It’s pretty clear. When Maxi and grant play, the team is cheeks. When they’re out of the game, things go well. Maxi is no longer an NBA rotation player. Grant can help in spots but needs to be in the right matchup.

It’s really just the combo that fails. Grant and Lively seem compatible. Maxi just not the right guy for this starting lineup. I hope Kidd doesn’t chicken out again and just puts Lively in to start the 2nd half. The Mavs can’t afford to drop another  five or six points at the beginning of the half.
Like Reply
(10-25-2023, 09:58 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Hilarious how this board finds a new scapegoat every single season.

Dread it, run from it, destiny still arrives:

[Image: kidd-jason-01-18-01.jpg]
Like Reply

Looks like that torn hammy has caught up with Kleber. He doesn't look mobile anymore.
Like Reply
Let's see if the Derrick Jones Experiment is already over or will he start the 2nd half again in the new "Dwight Powell Token Starter" role
Like Reply
Mavs need to get out to a strong start in the 3rd to establish themselves. Cant let the young Spurs get confidence. Take the air out of them.
Like Reply
Thybulle grant and lively would make a good front court IMHO. OG would be too expensive.
Like Reply
(10-25-2023, 10:00 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Looks like that torn hammy has caught up with Kleber. He doesn't look mobile anymore.

We wouldn't know because Kidd is playing a big that was at his best in a switch-all scheme in drop defense. Just like last season.
Like Reply
DJJ playing the fewest minutes of any Mav who saw the court? Total of 6 mins. That’s a token starter, no? Or did he get hurt when I was peeing?
Like Reply
Lots of good, lots of bad. Score could be a lot worse.

Lots of folks here down on Williams. I’m not worried yet. Seems like he’s doing too much on offense. Once they figure out his ass should just stand in the corner like PJ Tucker he’ll be great. On defense, he had a couple of bad moments on the perimeter, but it felt to me like he thought he had help behind him that wasn’t there. Could’ve been someone else out of position, or could’ve just been opening night team defense errors. There was one possession during which he went toe-to-toe with Wmbenyama, and it was literally the only time I thought the Mavs made him uncomfortable the entire half.

Luka playing well. THJ looks GREAT to me in that 6th man role, so far.

Exum and DJJ both looked like the NBA castoffs they’re supposed to be in this half. I really hope the team is ready to commit to playing more Green.

Kleber getting a lot of hate here, too, and I agree he has had some bad moments on defense, but I actually LIKE the strategy of him splitting time at the 5 with Lively. Should be a path to much better spacing when the synergy gets right.

Good god, Lively looks like a steal at 12 to me.

I’m not miserable right now. Even if this ends up being a loss, I’ve seen enough encouraging things to keep me interested.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, MFFL
Like Reply
(10-25-2023, 10:05 PM)The Jom Wrote: DJJ playing the fewest minutes of any Mav who saw the court? Total of 6 mins. That’s a token starter, no? Or did he get hurt when I was peeing?

Probably just an in game adjustment. Against Wemby you don't want a mediocre shooter on the floor that allows him to be play free safety on defense.
Like Reply
(10-25-2023, 10:05 PM)The Jom Wrote: Or did he get hurt when I was peeing?

You call yourself a “Mavs fan” and take bathroom breaks DURING PLAY???!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(10-25-2023, 10:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Lots of good, lots of bad. Score could be a lot worse.

Lots of folks here down on Williams. I’m not worried yet. Seems like he’s doing too much on offense. Once they figure out his ass should just stand in the corner like PJ Tucker he’ll be great. On defense, he had a couple of bad moments on the perimeter, but it felt to me like he thought he had help behind him that wasn’t there. Could’ve been someone else out of position, or could’ve just been opening night team defense errors. There was one possession during which he went toe-to-toe with Wmbenyama, and it was literally the only time I thought the Mavs made him uncomfortable the entire half.

Luka playing well. THJ looks GREAT to me in that 6th man role, so far.

Exum and DJJ both looked like the NBA castoffs they’re supposed to be in this half. I really hope the team is ready to commit to playing more Green.

Kleber getting a lot of hate here, too, and I agree he has had some bad moments on defense, but I actually LIKE the strategy of him splitting time at the 5 with Lively. Should be a path to much better spacing when the synergy gets right.

Good god, Lively looks like a steal at 12 to me.

I’m not miserable right now. Even if this ends up being a loss, I’ve seen enough encouraging things to keep me interested.

I'm miserable but your takes aren't bad Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Lively starts the 2nd half.
Like Reply
(10-25-2023, 10:07 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Probably just an in game adjustment. Against Wemby you don't want a mediocre shooter on the floor that allows him to be play free safety on defense.

I dunno. Wembey only got 12 mins, and I think the first 6 were with DJJ on the court.
Like Reply