Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
88.24%
15 88.24%
Wolves
11.76%
2 11.76%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 21: MIN (10-10) @ DAL (15-6) | 121-114 win
I'm honestly impressed by this win! Mid-way through the 3rd it seemed like the Wolves were pulling away and the Mavs just didn't have it tonight, only to shoot the lights out in the fourth quarter...

Brunson was huge in closing out the game.
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 11:06 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: Very impressive quarter. I really thought they wouldn't get 100 points tonight.

Then they scored 41 freaking points in the 4th.

Fn' nuts.

I see what they did there.
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 11:05 PM)Tyler Wrote: Good news.

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...2970439683

Good news, but if it was that bad of a bruise, he's likely to miss a few games.
Like Reply
Also, Wiggins looks like a different player.  Minny has three really good players.  I am so glad to get this win.
Like Reply
Really awesome all around team win. There were so many contributions from everyone to make up for Luka having a subpar game for his standards.
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 11:14 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Also, Wiggins looks like a different player.  Minny has three really good players.  I am so glad to get this win.

Their starters outplayed ours, they are good team, playoff caliber no doubt. Once Dieng/Teague come off the books they can get some much needed help on the bench. Solid young talent in Culver, Okogie, etc. too.

I can see some old school MIN vs DAL playoff games resurface in the coming years.
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 11:28 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Their starters...

Hey, your boy played great! Turned back the clock to the first couple of weeks of the season!
Like Reply
Another game where it felt like we got destroyed on the boards but we still ended up +1
Crazy how that happens
Like Reply
I like Wolves game, they are damn good team.
Proud on Mavs here, strong D and deeeep roster help them to pull out great win even on bad shooting night.
It was fun game to watch, what mavs are doing now is huge.
Like Reply
A couple of things stood out to me.  THJ was 2/8 but he was totally into the game and engaged and rooting for his teammates.  He also played solid defense.  Porzingis was really enjoying the game and smiling a lot.  These are things that would never happen in ny.  Porzingis would be boed if he shot poorly like he has lately.  The ny media would rag on him.  THJ would be shot hunting like everyone else on a bad team.
Like Reply
I don’t get being impressed with Minny. This would’ve been a blowout but for the zebras giving them 18 2nd quarter free throws while letting them bump Luka every drive. Also, Andrew Wiggins shoots 7/24 (29%)??? That’s not an improved AW. That’s what he’s always been.
Like Reply
Only managed to watch the game now. Holy moly, what an exhilarating win. 

Luka and the rest of the team got seriously rattled from the 2nd to the 3rd by the refs. Luka was the most rattled out of all of them, but it's easy to see why. These refs missed call after call, inconsistently calling the game the whole night. What was a foul for Minny was a no-call for Luka. Pure frustration and I think the Mavs should compile all these questionable calls and send them to the league office for review. Refs need to be held accountable.

Moving on from the refs, because there were some amazing moments throughout this game. Notably that DFS DUNK! That was one of the most thunderous slams I've ever seen. A HUGE momentum shifter. Kleber hit two huge threes in the 4th as well that picked the Mavs lead up.

Now, I have to talk about Diamond Powell. What a freaking game from him tonight. I had no idea this dude could actually defend. He held his own against freaking Karl Anthony Towns! Now there's no stopping guys like KAT, but Powell (and the rest of the Mavs big men!) made it the hardest it could be. His offensive game was incredible. He made so many great cuts and finished 2 threes! TWO! I hope this doesn't encourage him to launch it more lol.

Jalen freaking Brunson. His play electrified the team in the 4th. Without him, there is no Mavs win. He was on the money the first moment he got in the game. Speaking of integral players to a Mavs win...

Kristaps Porzingis played one of his best games in a Mavs uni. He looked motivated and locked in. He was actively trying to establish better position on offense and take closer shots. He was hitting it from all over tonight. He capped off his stellar performance with a game sealing monster slam off of an offensive rebound to beat the shot clock. Dude stepped up huge tonight to make up for Luka's off game.

Speaking of Luka, he was most certainly rattled. Bad game from him for his standards, but I'm not worried at all. I think a game like this with all of its frustrations will just fuel him to play better for the next game. Perhaps it was a combination of it being a second night of a back 2 back, and the refs that contributed why Luka shot 1/8 from the 3.  But listen he stepped up big and scored 6 straight points as soon as he reentered the game in the 4th. Luka "Wonderboy" Doncic.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
15-6!!!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...0593579010 Rolleyes
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1202422190785912832

Ugh, the three point line is ugly into the 3rd quarter.  No wonder the Mavs score over 40 in the 4th when the 3 finally start dropping.
Like Reply
(12-05-2019, 09:50 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Honestly, I had marked off this game as a loss pretty early.  TWolves are a long, athletic team that are a pain in the ass to play on the 2nd night of a back to back.    Seriously impressed they were able to pull out an ugly win, and a testament that there is a lot more at work here than Luka carrying 11 coattail riders.

What is most impressive for me - the game looked ugly to me yet they scored a lot. After first couple of minutes I got a feeling that they really struggled to score, which didn't change until the final quarter. But in the end, they scored 121 points and got a fairly comfortable win.
Like Reply
(12-05-2019, 09:54 AM)omahen Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 09:50 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Honestly, I had marked off this game as a loss pretty early.  TWolves are a long, athletic team that are a pain in the ass to play on the 2nd night of a back to back.    Seriously impressed they were able to pull out an ugly win, and a testament that there is a lot more at work here than Luka carrying 11 coattail riders.

What is most impressive for me - the game looked ugly to me yet they scored a lot. After first couple of minutes I got a feeling that they really struggled to score, which didn't change until the final quarter. But in the end, they scored 121 points and got a fairly comfortable win.

Really, I think that's is what happens when you can put 5 strong offensive weapons on the floor at the same time.   And I'm not talking about necessarily having peak Warriors lineup, but just 5 guys who are good enough that they can exploit scenerios later in the game when they get a tasty matchup and guys are tired or the other team is having to substitute in inexperience who don't totally know what they're doing ... which I think is what Brunson did
Like Reply