Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
73.33%
11 73.33%
Pelicans
26.67%
4 26.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 20: DAL (14-6) @ NOP (6-15) | 118-97 win
Hardaway with a great read
Like Reply
Luka having a bad night at the free throw line tonight.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 07:42 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I don't agree with Chuck on KP.  I need to see KP do what Charles says he can do before force feeding him 10-15 times a game in the post.  That's a turrible take Chuck.

Man, I am getting a late start on the game tonight, and just watched that pregame discussion from the TNT guys.  It is like they have never watched the Mavs play this season.  They had some bad takes on KP that disregarded how inefficient KP has been so far (I actually agreed with trying to get him some closer looks, btw,  Especially when Luka is out). 

However, I finally lost it when they asked Chuck how he would guard Luka and he said that he would force him to the basket and try to make him a passer - that his step back is "his shot".  Then Kenny chimes in that when he is forced to the rim, he is looking to pass and that he is a "deadly scorer" when he stays on the perimeter.  Crazy take.  They have been watching too many highlight shows that only show Luka draining stepbacks.  lol.  Totally ignored that he is doing most of his damage going to the basket and that he is one of the most efficient scorers in the league in the paint AND that he is probably the BEST passer going to the rim in the league.  Just head scratching takes on his game.
Like Reply
Good second quarter. Let’s keep the momentum going into the 3rd
Like Reply
thats the type of call i hate even though it helps us. offensive player cant push off and get a foul. Jrue tried it last possession down and Luka just got the call. Refs should swallow the whistle or call an offensive
Like Reply
Barea may just get himself a Dirkie
Like Reply
I don't know how the Mavs have 59 points.  I think I expect more from the Mavs rather than anything the Pellies are doing.
Like Reply
Might be worth it to limit KPs minutes in the second half. If he only plays 15-20 minutes today he could be an option tommorrow.
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 08:47 PM)Jym Wrote: Barea may just get himself a Dirkie
So far I agree...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
That was a strong finish to the half. Hopefully we can put them away in the 3rd and rest Luka/KP in the 4th

TNT is shredding KP on the halftime show
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 08:49 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: TNT is shredding KP on the halftime show

I wouldn't call it shredding.  They clearly like KP but are pointing out that it's on him to be more aggressive.  Maybe they were reading the gamethread here.  Wink
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 08:49 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: TNT is shredding KP on the halftime show
Well, they set up the narrative of a post player at the open when the Mavs don't ask him to do that and then beat him down for not doing what THEY want.  KP needs to just hit his shots and spread the floor.  They could have focused on all his blocks but that's not as much fun.
Like Reply
Kristaps had himself a bad 2nd quarter, but his first quarter was really good imo. 

I mean 4 blocks in 6 minutes?? How can anyone say that isn't aggressive?

KP with fantastic defense there. Stopped Hayes right in his tracks.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 09:01 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I mean 4 blocks in 6 minutes?? How can anyone say that isn't aggressive?

They were talking more about his assertiveness on the offensive end and using his size to his advantage rather than playing like a guard.
Like Reply
Luka what a drive! That should've been an and-1!!
Like Reply
Unreal how bad Porzingis' offense is right now. He's not even 50% the player he can be on that end of the floor. It's that drastic.

I guess it can only get better.......but it's still rough to see. Especially when he is in the post.
Like Reply
LUKA WITH THE INCREDIBLE 3 THERE!

Broke Jrue's ankles!!
Like Reply
rick should challenge that
Like Reply
KP shot seems flat needs a little more arch
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 09:05 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Unreal how bad Porzingis' offense is right now. He's not even 50% the player he can be on that end of the floor. It's that drastic.

I guess it can only get better.......but it's still rough to see. Especially when he is in the post.

It's not like the shots he's getting are bad shots. Most are just rimming in and out. If he can just hit half of those shots he's a 20ppg scorer and the Mavs number 1 offense gets that much better.
Like Reply