Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
73.33%
11 73.33%
Pelicans
26.67%
4 26.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 20: DAL (14-6) @ NOP (6-15) | 118-97 win
Heart 
[Image: EKy4K5iUEAElQXF?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: EKy1p59U4AE-l60?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: EKy2EoFU0AQfXnQ?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
B2B

Will KP sit this one or tomorrow? or will play both?
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 03:45 AM)sefant Wrote: B2B

I haven't heard specifically.  What I do know is that the NO game is on national tv, and is an away game.  The league has put out some pretty strong language about resting players (even b2b injury reasons) for either of those situations.  When given the option, the League wants the teams to rest their players at home and not for nationally televised games.   So my guess would be he sits Wed at home vs. MIN. 

Tbh, that is probably not the one I would rather him miss, considering MIN is a playoff team with Towns.  But we shall see!
Like Reply
Pelicans riding a 5 game losing streak. They are wounded and we have to be prepared. I can assure you a few of those bench players are going to light us up, as usual.

Need to come out strong in the 1st quarter and put some distance between them; that way the bench can come in and do work. We have a b2b tomorrow, so we'll need to get them early to avoid our starters playing heavy minutes.

Nola vs Mavs are always good games, no matter the record.
Like Reply
As always, this is a must win game.

Tongue
Like Reply
I'm in NOLA tonight. Sure wish I could go to the game, but I've got some work stuff booked from 7PM to 11PM. Sad
Like Reply
No Favors and Kenrich Williams for NOLA tonight.
Like Reply
The Pelicans have a lot of young, studly guys and will challenge the Mavs with bully ball, so the Mavs just need to come out aggressive and stay that way.  Keep driving the lane, and getting the ball to our bigs in the paint.  This will open up the outside shot as well.
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 04:06 AM)Mavsfan12 Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 03:45 AM)sefant Wrote: B2B

I haven't heard specifically.  What I do know is that the NO game is on national tv, and is an away game.  The league has put out some pretty strong language about resting players (even b2b injury reasons) for either of those situations.  When given the option, the League wants the teams to rest their players at home and not for nationally televised games.   So my guess would be he sits Wed at home vs. MIN. 

Tbh, that is probably not the one I would rather him miss, considering MIN is a playoff team with Towns.  But we shall see!

I don't think the Mavs would do this but I wish they would start KP and just have him on a minutes restriction of 15-20 so that he can play tomorrow.

(12-03-2019, 12:32 PM)omahen Wrote: No Favors and Kenrich Williams for NOLA tonight.

I will be interested to see if they start Okafor tonight. I know they have started Hayes some and I am not familiar with his game. I know that Okafor will get destroyed by Luka. Okafor is a terrible defender and Luka will have him on roller skates all night if he is in there.
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 12:32 PM)omahen Wrote: No Favors and Kenrich Williams for NOLA tonight.
Favors was a pain last game.  Glad he is out.
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 04:35 PM)Hypermav Wrote:
Favors was a pain last game. Glad he is out.

I hope he's being held out for a pending trade to the Mavs.
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 02:13 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I will be interested to see if they start Okafor tonight.

Yes they will. It was already announced
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/OlehKosel/status/120...5208565766

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7aTpVyQC.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Keys:
  • Playing with house money: Many thought like Mavs are playing with house money this season, and now it definitely feels this way. After going 3-1 against West playoff foes you could even live with a loss or two, in terms of the standings, even though Dallas is the favorite in the Big Easy.
  • Taking care of business before dueling with East contenders: That doesn't mean Mavs can really relax. They have to fight off some playoff hopefuls during a long-ish home stand before a brutal stretch against East contenders, mainly on the road. Getting the W today would also be nice considering that they'll play a b2b tomorrow in which KP will likely sit.
  • Still waiting on that KP breakout game: Talking about Porzingis: We're still waiting on his breakout game. On paper New Orleans doesn't really have an answer for him. So let's see.
  • Holiday vs. Luka: The Player of the Month in the Western Conference will face yet another challenge in Jrue Holiday, who is one of the best two-way players in the NBA. He had sort of a slow start, but is getting better and better. Of course Luka is something else.
  • Pels better than their record: New Orleans might own a bad record and are currently losers of five straight, but they all games relatively close against some quality opponents (Lakers, Utah, Thunder). The only blowout was at Clippers.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
I wouldn't say Mavs are playing with house money. They are exceeding expectations for sure but now expectations have been reset and they will need to make the playoffs and have a good showing. This is because of Lukas incredible play that has launched him into quick Superstar status. I think the Mavs don't necessarily have a lot of pressure, they can still play loose. Teams that have been to the playoffs many times and come away empty handed year after year have a lot more pressure.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/PeasESPN/status/1202017926741733376
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I don't agree with Chuck on KP.  I need to see KP do what Charles says he can do before force feeding him 10-15 times a game in the post.  That's a turrible take Chuck.
Like Reply
Luka needs to get it together. Too many lazy passes
Like Reply
What a sloppy lazy start for the Mavs
Like Reply
Feels like pre-season somehow, sloppy game and only about 50 guys in attendance.
Like Reply