Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
73.33%
11 73.33%
Pelicans
26.67%
4 26.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 20: DAL (14-6) @ NOP (6-15) | 118-97 win
14-6!!!!
Like Reply
I love beating the over hyped and over rated NO team,

I also love Rggie rallying on load mangament and said this is true Load mangement for Luka and KP
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 09:57 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: We have Seth, not Steph. Would rather have Seth right now, LOL
lol my bad

But Steph was playing well lol
Like Reply
nothing against Brunson and glad to see him be productive during his stint but i feel like curry/delon and jj should all pay before him because they give you defense/size as well as different styles of scoring. Currys finally heating up from 3, Delon and JJ both cut without the ball but can shoot off the catch and catch and go.... leading to a skip pass/layup/FTs situation. Great win mavs!

9 blocks tonight too. 5 from the Unicorn and Maxi,Delon, Dorian and Hardaway all got a nice block.
Like Reply
Closing with a 5 guard lineup was great! Rick trolling the Mavs Forum!

Except that he doesn't know we exist.
Like Reply
So what do you think they will do with KP tomorrow?
Rest him out right or play him less then 20 mins again?
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 10:05 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Except that he doesn't know we exist.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 10:08 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: So what do you think they will do with KP tomorrow?
Rest him out right or play him less then 20 mins again?

He barely played tonight, so I don't see why he couldn't play tomorrow. He'd be really helpful against KAT
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Probably just depends if they had a management play set at the start of the season, ie a hard no back to backs no matter what.

Don't mind either way, if the fitness staff say they should rest him for long term benefit then go for it.
Gives Maxi and Boban a chance to show up.
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 10:10 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: He'd be really helpful against KAT

Against the Cat that is shooting a lot of threes with a very high percentage? I don't think so.
Like Reply
Bullets:
  • This was such an ugly game and Mavs still came away with 118 points. Incredible. They were getting to the line and hitting threes, but only shot 43% overall.
  • The bench was incredible. They eliminated an early deficit in the second quarter and then sealed the game late. I'm not sure whether to like our unpredictability or hate our inconsistency. We're definitely deep, but besides Luka do not have a second guy you can really bank on to give you 15-20 points. Tonight it was Seth, tomorrow it could be BOBAN.
  • Blowout wins on the first night of a back-to-back are the best type of wins. Luka played 28, KP even less due to foul trouble. We might see him tomorrow.
  • KP is definitely getting a lot of weird post looks that he can't convert at this point, or maybe never. Not sure what the deal is there, but these are wasted possessions at this point. Maybe the Mavs think they can make it work, but it honestly doesn't look promising, even long-term.
  • THJ is back to being mediocre, but he's still much less annoying in the starting unit. Doesn't take dumb shots, makes a play here and there. You'd love more consistency of course, but the starting gig still works for him.
  • Let's appreciate the Mavs beating a decent opponent on the road by 20. Don't forget that they kept it close against the Lakers and in Utah. Even though they're struggling this is not your usual margin of victory. Vegas had Mavs as 4pt fav.
  • You have to praise Luka after every game although it's just another day in the office for him right now. But 33-18-5 in 28 minutes... And he started with like three quick turnovers in what looked to become an equally challenging game as the one against the Clippers. But he's simply on a different level.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
After that rough first quarter, I'm thrilled with a blowout win. Luka dominated the 2nd and 3rd quarters to put this one away early and the bench finished them off.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/stat...1416482816

Dirk is in Dallas and that is one tiny one legged fade.  Click bait.
Like Reply
That wasn't a one legged fade, but it was still Dirk like!
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 10:43 PM)Hypermav Wrote: https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/stat...1416482816

Dirk is in Dallas and that is one tiny one legged fade.  Click bait.

Officially unstoppable if he can hit those consistently. Need those in the 4th quarter of playoff games
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 10:17 PM)omahen Wrote:

Against the Cat that is shooting a lot of threes with a very high percentage? I don't think so.

KAT takes 18 shots a game. Half of those come 3 and the other half come from the paint. KP won't really do much against the perimeter I agree with ya, but he'd certainly help with stopping KAT in the paint, which should be enough to stifle the Wolves.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 10:52 PM)Jym Wrote: Officially unstoppable if he can hit those consistently.

Someone needs to teach it to KP..
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 10:59 PM)LifeAquatic Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 10:52 PM)Jym Wrote: Officially unstoppable if he can hit those consistently.

Someone needs to teach it to KP..

Still baffled by the people who thought he would average more ppg than Luka. 
They didn't watch many Knick games
Like Reply
(12-03-2019, 10:59 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 10:17 PM)omahen Wrote:

KAT takes 18 shots a game. Half of those come 3 and the other half come from the paint. KP won't really do much against the perimeter I agree with ya, but he'd certainly help with stopping KAT in the paint, which should be enough to stifle the Wolves.

I'm really sorry. Someone before your post was mentioning Boban so I thought your take is that Boban would be helpful against KAT. KP would surely be needed tonight, although perhaps Maxi would be best fit to cover KAT with KP helping in the paint.

(12-03-2019, 10:22 PM)j0Shi Wrote: Bullets:
  • This was such an ugly game and Mavs still came away with 118 points. Incredible. They were getting to the line and hitting threes, but only shot 43% overall.
  • The bench was incredible. They eliminated an early deficit in the second quarter and then sealed the game late. I'm not sure whether to like our unpredictability or hate our inconsistency. We're definitely deep, but besides Luka do not have a second guy you can really bank on to give you 15-20 points. Tonight it was Seth, tomorrow it could be BOBAN.
  • Blowout wins on the first night of a back-to-back are the best type of wins. Luka played 28, KP even less due to foul trouble. We might see him tomorrow.
  • KP is definitely getting a lot of weird post looks that he can't convert at this point, or maybe never. Not sure what the deal is there, but these are wasted possessions at this point. Maybe the Mavs think they can make it work, but it honestly doesn't look promising, even long-term.
  • THJ is back to being mediocre, but he's still much less annoying in the starting unit. Doesn't take dumb shots, makes a play here and there. You'd love more consistency of course, but the starting gig still works for him.
  • Let's appreciate the Mavs beating a decent opponent on the road by 20. Don't forget that they kept it close against the Lakers and in Utah. Even though they're struggling this is not your usual margin of victory. Vegas had Mavs as 4pt fav.
  • You have to praise Luka after every game although it's just another day in the office for him right now. But 33-18-5 in 28 minutes... And he started with like three quick turnovers in what looked to become an equally challenging game as the one against the Clippers. But he's simply on a different level.

Pels were really extremely bad last night. A nice little palace will be built from all the bricks they launched. Ball was an especially keen builder.

Yesterday version of THJ is totally fine. He plays good defense and is a threat offensively. If his threes would be 3-7 instead of 2-7, his game would be very good.

Do you remember how bad starts in third quarters were our nemesis last season? We were just terrible in most of them. This season is just the other way around. At least in the last two games we absolutely destroyed the opponent in the third.
Like Reply