Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Booker Likes NYK? Vogel Out? Suns Imploding?
Report: Lakers could target Kyrie Irving, Donovan Mitchell and Trae Young this summer

https://lakersdaily.com/report-lakers-co...is-summer/
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 04:54 PM)MFFL Wrote: Report: Lakers could target Kyrie Irving, Donovan Mitchell and Trae Young this summer

lol
Like Reply
NBACentral
@TheDunkCentral
The Dallas Mavericks are the favorites to land Marcus Morris, per
@BovadaOfficial

Dallas Mavericks: +260
New York Knicks: +600
Los Angeles Lakers: +600
Oklahoma City Thunder: +700
Minnesota Timberwolves: +700
New Orleans Pelicans: +700
Sacramento Kings: +700
Atlanta Hawks: +750
Cleveland Cavaliers: +800
Orlando Magic: +800
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 12:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is astute. Great stuff.

Can you hit the highlights without copy/pasting?

I want to read what they said about the whole league, not just the Mavs.
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 04:58 PM)MFFL Wrote: NBACentral
@TheDunkCentral
The Dallas Mavericks are the favorites to land Marcus Morris, per
@BovadaOfficial

Mavs going for the slapstick goon brothers. 

Please No...
[-] The following 4 users Like chaparral's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka, mvossman, Radical Mavs
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 04:34 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: I think it was either the 27FRP or Green.  I'd rather Green than the 27FRP.

Absolutely not me. That would have 100% punted this year. The Mavs need at least the semblance of a POA defender among the littles in the starting lineup, and while I actually prefer Exum to Green, obviously Exum isn't 100% healthy. Getting a position of need starter by trading one of your other indispensable starters and thus creating a new need is the dictionary definition of a lateral move.

Yes, we overpaid for PJ. But I will never be one of those Vintage Peja types who just want to tank every year when we have a generational talent.

(02-09-2024, 05:08 PM)chaparral Wrote: Mavs going for the slapstick goon brothers. 

Please No...

Not "the Mavs going for" them, but people betting speculatively that they'll be reunited. Marcus is not a need, so hopefully we're good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 05:14 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Yes, we overpaid for PJ. But I will never be one of those Vintage Peja types who just want to tank every year when we have a generational talent.

It's a shame that we don't have a team tank thread anymore. Vintage Peja used to open a thread after the first loss of the season.
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 04:54 PM)MFFL Wrote: Report: Lakers could target Kyrie Irving, Donovan Mitchell and Trae Young this summer

I like the use of the word AND in there, it further illustrates Laker delusion.
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • MFFL, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Yes, and the Mavs are targeting Wemby, Jokic, and Giannis. Their availability isn’t certain yet.
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
https://archive.is/F9gyy

Tim Cato's latest article in the athletic.  First time I've been on board with his thoughts in a while honestly.  Speaks to what I've mentioned in a couple posts that despite losing draft equity, we now have a lot of players who have trade value in their own right.
[-] The following 4 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • BigDirk41, ItsGoTime, mvossman, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 05:21 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Yes, and the Mavs are targeting Wemby, Jokic, and Giannis. Their availability isn’t certain yet.
We win this reporting round LAKERS!

Probably should be worded, the Mavs are keeping an eye on the Jokic, Giannis and Wemby situations. That makes it sound more official!

(02-09-2024, 05:25 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: https://archive.is/F9gyy

Tim Cato's latest article in the athletic.  First time I've been on board with his thoughts in a while honestly.  Speaks to what I've mentioned in a couple posts that despite losing draft equity, we now have a lot of players who have trade value in their own right.
Yep, so much easier to make a trade when teams are calling US for a deal. That’ll be a change for Nico.
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • DallasMaverick, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 03:41 PM)omahen Wrote: As FGump explained, they can't pay him more. Bought out player gets the value of his contract (unless he negotiates for less in the buyout). THe original team pays the difference between the buyout agreement and his new salary.

Just to keep the facts clear, what I said is that teams DON'T bid on players who are waived like these. I did not say they CAN'T. 

The reasons are (1)  they have already gotten a full season salary, (2) anything beyond minimum is typically contractually subject to set off, and (3) with a player so out of favor that he's been waived, a bidding war feels like overpay. Very very few of these are an actual buyout that reduces the money owed, even though many get labeled as a buyout in the media.

You also have the issue of NBA subsidy with its lesser cap hit -- that does not apply to a larger deal than ROS minimum only.
Like Reply
Nick Angstadt
@NickVanExit
In 1 calendar year, Nico Harrison turned the Mavs Rotation upside down.

*Dinwiddie, Finney-Smith, Bullock, Wood, JaVale, Bertans, Theo

INTO

Kyrie, Lively, Washington, Gafford, Jones Jr, Exum, O-Max
[-] The following 7 users Like MFFL's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, From Dirk to Luka, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, michaeltex, rocky164, The Jom
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 06:26 PM)MFFL Wrote: Nick Angstadt
@NickVanExit
In 1 calendar year, Nico Harrison turned the Mavs Rotation upside down.

*Dinwiddie, Finney-Smith, Bullock, Wood, JaVale, Bertans, Theo

INTO

Kyrie, Lively, Washington, Gafford, Jones Jr, Exum, O-Max

I can't be mad at that. Pretty impressive
Like Reply
Not trying to be contrarian but I would try to sign Dinwiddie AND Marcus Morris. Morris will probably wind up being a more impactful playoff presence than DJJ. 40% from 3 and has mid-range game which has value in the playoffs and he is a physical defender for the 5-15 minutes he would play. He has played in many high stakes playoff games. Either way I think DJJ feels the squeeze of the PJ/Gafford deals most. I also think we should probably forgo trying to re-sign DJJ this summer. ALL of those minutes (10-20 minutes per game) should go to Omax. Assuming we don’t trade for another wing this summer.
[-] The following 2 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 08:45 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Not trying to be contrarian but I would try to sign Dinwiddie AND Marcus Morris. Morris will probably wind up being a more impactful playoff presence than DJJ. 40% from 3 and has mid-range game which has value in the playoffs and he is a physical defender for the 5-15 minutes he would play. He has played in many high stakes playoff games. Either way I think DJJ feels the squeeze of the PJ/Gafford deals most. I also think we should probably forgo trying to re-sign DJJ this summer. ALL of those minutes (10-20 minutes per game) should go to Omax. Assuming we don’t trade for another wing this summer.

Yeah I don't see a big role for DJJ going forward. He'll probably be used situationally for certain matchup. I agree they shouldn't try to resign him unless it's cheap.
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 08:45 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Not trying to be contrarian but I would try to sign Dinwiddie AND Marcus Morris. 

Isn't there just one roster spot remaining?
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 08:53 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Isn't there just one roster spot remaining?

Yeah so not sure they would be willing to cut anyone.
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 08:53 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Isn't there just one roster spot remaining?

My bad, I think I miscounted. Thought we had two spots remaining.
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 09:02 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: My bad, I think I miscounted. Thought we had two spots remaining.

I thought you were saying, just cut DJJ. 

That seemed a little extreme to me. Glad I misunderstood.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply