Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: OKC The Favorite For Nic Claxton Should He Leave BRK
(01-11-2024, 10:17 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Looking back at the last trade deadline. Kyrie's value was at an all time low due to his contract situation and off court issues. Siakam comes with the same questions about his future contract. Two useful players and one asset would be comparable to SD/DFS/1st. Is Siakam worth more/less?

THJ/Grant/Green/'27 1st for Siakam/McDaniels/Temple feels like the same offer for Irving (THJ = SD, JG/GW = DFS, '29 1st = '27 1st).

I'd say he's worth more. No off-court issue (Kyrie was coming of a lot) and no injury risk (he was coming off 3 seasons of 20, 54 and 29 games). He's less of a talent/fit than Irving, but still should get a decent haul.

I'd add a '28 swap and 2nds to really get him, but apart from that, I'm out.
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
Like Reply
THJ+Holmes+GWill+Hardy+SRP+FRP for Siakam+McDaniels

If Toronto refuses just go after Kuz+Muscala (THJ+Holmes+FRP)
Like Reply
(01-11-2024, 10:30 AM)HAguiar95 Wrote: THJ/Grant/Green/'27 1st for Siakam/McDaniels/Temple feels like the same offer for Irving (THJ = SD, JG/GW = DFS, '29 1st = '27 1st).

I'd say he's worth more. No off-court issue (Kyrie was coming of a lot) and no injury risk (he was coming off 3 seasons of 20, 54 and 29 games). He's less of a talent/fit than Irving, but still should get a decent haul.

I'd add a '28 swap and 2nds to really get him, but apart from that, I'm out.

Forcing the Mavs to take McDaniels/Temple, who are both meh or worse, and which would land them about $6M over the tax line (costing them a tax year, a tax payment of over $10M, and also the loss of about $20M in a share of tax collections), would be a deal killer imo.
Like Reply
Ya, if we’re adding Grant instead of Holmes or Maxi I think Green or Hardy (if Hardy’s inclusion matches salary, if not, add Holmes/Maxi with him) with the 27 is the most I’d want them to go.

Looking at it more, I’d really like to expand that trade to add OPJ and Jalen McD and for sure either Hardy or Green and Maxi or Holmes.

I’d then add their SRP to make that easier to stomach expansion due to it being 4 for 3 as opposed to 3 for 1.

THJ/GWill/Hardy or Green/Maxi or Holmes/27 FRP/Tor’s SRP
For
Siakam/OPJ/JMcD
Like Reply
Just feels like GS is going to make a move. If they do, Kuminga needs to be the attractive piece they are offering. I think his inclusion beats any of the offers out there. There is a chance Jarace Walker could be comparable but Kuminga is a little more well known. What would the offer look like? I guess Kuminga and Paul. With the rest of the negotiation filling what else is included.

GS seems dead now, I sort of like them if they added Siakam and can get a sane Green. I do wonder if they look back in 2 years though and regret trading Kuminga though. Siakam is a move to try to make GS relevant in the last few Curry all pro years.
Like Reply
(01-11-2024, 10:10 AM)omahen Wrote: I think Toronto side is hoping for "either you pay big or we keep and resign Siakam ourselves". Siakam himself is the first one that might have something to say about that in the summer. 

Interesting for me was that Cato agreed with valuation and didn't provide the counter offer.

Mostly because I think Cato doesn't really care about the Mavs (he's said so numerous times himself) and he's just trying to get clicks to advance his career.

He's not passionate enough to come up with a solid rebuttal, and is out of touch with the zeitgeist of Maverick Kingdom as he's probably been shut out organizational wise since the Donnie piece. 

It's sad because there was a time I really enjoyed his work, but recently it's been bland and in my own opinion light on sources. I'm actually failing to remember a recent time he's broken a rumor that has been accurate of what the Mavs were really thinking. Of course things change so fast so we'll never know, but it's a shame he doesn't care more about the team he's a beat writer on.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
Inclusion of OMax is a deal breaker for me. Luckily, I would imagine we have told Toronto the same thing on numerous occasions. 

I know pulling off the “Two Timelines” deal is hard. Look at what GS is going thru trying to thread that needle. But if we can get Siakam or Jerami Grant or someone of that ilk while keeping Omax and one of Green or Hardy… to me that’s the play. Then you have the vet timeline which includes Lively, Pascal, Luka, Kyrie, Exum and maybe DJJ. And the next wave which also includes Lively, Luka, Omax, one of Green/Hardy and whatever other added young players we are able to acquire with our leftover picks.
[-] The following 2 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • ballsrchr, KillerLeft
Like Reply
The Mavs cannot trade O-Max. I forbid it.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • MFFL, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(01-11-2024, 11:06 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Just feels like GS is going to make a move.  If they do, Kuminga needs to be the attractive piece they are offering.  I think his inclusion beats any of the offers out there.  There is a chance Jarace Walker could be comparable but Kuminga is a little more well known.  What would the offer look like?  I guess Kuminga and Paul.  With the rest of the negotiation filling what else is included.

GS seems dead now, I sort of like them if they added Siakam and can get a sane Green.  I do wonder if they look back in 2 years though and regret trading Kuminga though.  Siakam is a move to try to make GS relevant in the last few Curry all pro years.

I know GSW would never do it, but one has to wonder if they just pull the plug on the big 3 as we know it and rebuild around Steph and Kuminga plus whatever they get back from a Klay and Dray trade.

Again, no shot, but if they are sinking, it doesn't make much sense to sell off the future
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(01-11-2024, 10:51 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: THJ+Holmes+GWill+Hardy+SRP+FRP for Siakam+McDaniels

If Toronto refuses just go after Kuz+Muscala (THJ+Holmes+FRP)

No interest paying a first for Kuz.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-11-2024, 12:47 PM)mvossman Wrote: No interest in paying a first for Kuz.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, mvossman
Like Reply
(01-11-2024, 11:06 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Just feels like GS is going to make a move.  If they do, Kuminga needs to be the attractive piece they are offering.  I think his inclusion beats any of the offers out there.  There is a chance Jarace Walker could be comparable but Kuminga is a little more well known.  What would the offer look like?  I guess Kuminga and Paul.  With the rest of the negotiation filling what else is included.

GS seems dead now, I sort of like them if they added Siakam and can get a sane Green.  I do wonder if they look back in 2 years though and regret trading Kuminga though.  Siakam is a move to try to make GS relevant in the last few Curry all pro years.

GS is an interesting test of the impact of the new CBA rules, and how teams are reacting to the new financial constraints.

GS's obvious trade offer for PS would be just what you said, Kuminga + CP3 (maybe also a pick)

However, GS reportedly is committed to getting below the 2nd apron next season. Their obvious (and perhaps only) route is for them to let the CP3 contract expire, which lops about 30M off their payroll when it happens.

However, if they include CP3 in a package for Siakam, with the obvious intent to re-sign him, then they lose that $30M reduction in the summer. The alternative would be for GS to include Wiggins instead of CP3 (alongside Kuminga), but I wouldn't see that being desirable for TOR.

In light of that, I'm not convinced GS can get PS.
Like Reply
(01-11-2024, 09:55 AM)Winter Wrote: I'd keep Omax.

Hear, hear!
Like Reply
PS and Draymond are odd fits, I don't see that one working. GS is also asking around Atlanta for Murray (and Capela), which would imho make more sense for them. Kuminga, Wiggins and picks might be attractive enough offer for Atlanta. Although, Kuminga is playing same position as Jalen Johnson.
Like Reply
(01-11-2024, 01:41 PM)omahen Wrote: PS and Draymond are odd fits, I don't see that one working. GS is also asking around Atlanta for Murray (and Capela), which would imho make more sense for them. Kuminga, Wiggins and picks might be attractive enough offer for Atlanta. Although, Kuminga is playing same position as Jalen Johnson.

Good point on Murray.  And I agree if they could also secure capela that would be interesting.  GS is so small.   They need a bigger body too.
Like Reply
Perhaps that Curry statement from yesterday that you can't continue trying same things was also directed towards Green and Thompson, who both have bad seasons for different reasons. Shams says Warriors are prepared to trade anyone but Curry.

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1...0408707264
Like Reply
The more I think of it, I would be fine with getting DFS and keeping most of our assets. The issue is to get DFS it would probably need to be a 3 team trade because if we deal straight with Brooklyn it is probably going to cost more than I want to give up.
Like Reply
(01-11-2024, 11:25 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Mostly because I think Cato doesn't really care about the Mavs (he's said so numerous times himself) and he's just trying to get clicks to advance his career.

He's not passionate enough to come up with a solid rebuttal, and is out of touch with the zeitgeist of Maverick Kingdom as he's probably been shut out organizational wise since the Donnie piece. 

It's sad because there was a time I really enjoyed his work, but recently it's been bland and in my own opinion light on sources. I'm actually failing to remember a recent time he's broken a rumor that has been accurate of what the Mavs were really thinking. Of course things change so fast so we'll never know, but it's a shame he doesn't care more about the team he's a beat writer on.

The Athletic is really weird. Their national writers are top notch but the beat writers are almost all meh.  Cato is a perfect example of this.

I would renew in a heartbeat if they would have a rotation of young aggressive writers who CARED about their respective teams.
[-] The following 2 users Like MFFL's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Chuck Cooperstein @coopmavs

From the "This is a fact, not an excuse" dept courtesy of the great Brian Sperry from @BallySportsSW

Mavs don’t have one 5 player lineup that has played 100 min this season

Knicks have separate 5 man lineups that
have played 228, 116, 109 & 102 minutes.

Mavs 22-16
NY 22-15
Like Reply
(01-11-2024, 05:47 PM)MFFL Wrote: Chuck Cooperstein @coopmavs

From the "This is a fact, not an excuse" dept courtesy of the great Brian Sperry from @BallySportsSW

Mavs don’t have one 5 player lineup that has played 100 min this season

Knicks have separate 5 man lineups that
have played  228, 116, 109 & 102 minutes.

Mavs 22-16
NY 22-15

powerrankingsguru.com/nba/strength-of-schedule.php
Like Reply