Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Paul George to Test Free Agency After No Contract Extension
My Utah wish-list trade

Utah sends Olynyk, Hendricks, Utah 2nd round pick in 2028 (protected for 31-35)
Dallas sends Holmes, Green, UNPROTECTED 2027
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(12-14-2023, 05:35 PM)F Gump Wrote: My Utah wish-list trade

That's quite an investment in Hendricks, who has looked pretty bad so far.
Like Reply

That's fascinating on multiple levels.
Like Reply

I'm more than satisfied with the future of our PF position so I'm out on this one.

I still do believe in Hendricks though. People need to learn to think on a longer timescale than whatever happened the last game.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(12-14-2023, 06:41 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I'm more than satisfied with the future of our PF position so I'm out on this one.

I still do believe in Hendricks though. People need to learn to think on a longer timescale than whatever happened the last game.

So who would you rather have, Hendricks or Prosper? Which winds up being the better player?
Like Reply
(12-15-2023, 10:55 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: So who would you rather have, Hendricks or Prosper? Which winds up being the better player?

I'd rather have OMax personally.  It's disturbing that Hendricks can't get minutes on a bad team.  

OMax isn't getting minutes on a good team.   

Hendricks also will make significantly more money than OMax.  Also, everyone on our team seems to love Omax for his attitude and personality.  That matters.

I think their upside is similar.  I thought Hendricks was a sure thing prospect but I was wrong.
Like Reply
We almost all agree that we need another big.  Drummond would still be my first choice due to fit and price.  

My second choice would be Robert Covington.  He is similar to the player Maxi was 2 seasons ago.  Probably even better defensively.  He provides great defense including some rim protection.  He is hitting almost 40% from 3 with the 76ers this season.  

The 76ers are likely to make a trade this season with the assets they acquired in the Harden trade.  Teams likely to unload their good players include the Bulls and Raptors.  Covington's contract is expiring and would be likely to be included in such a deal.  It would be great if we could be the 3rd team in such a deal.   Maybe we trade Holmes for Covington and we include Jaden Hardy as the asset to either Toronto or Chicago?

The added benefit is that Covington contract is expiring.  If he doesn't work out here, we'd presumably be able to offer the full MLE to someone in the summer of 2024.
Like Reply
(12-15-2023, 11:19 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: I'd rather have OMax personally.  It's disturbing that Hendricks can't get minutes on a bad team.  

OMax isn't getting minutes on a good team.   

Hendricks also will make significantly more money than OMax.  Also, everyone on our team seems to love Omax for his attitude and personality.  That matters.

I think their upside is similar.  I thought Hendricks was a sure thing prospect but I was wrong.

Hendricks missed summer league and most of the camp/preseason due to a hamstring injury. He played 20+ minutes in the last few games. Against the Mavs he was one of the few bright spots for them. Haven't watched any Jazz games except for the matchup with the Mavs but looking at the boxscore numbers he knows how to get his hand on the ball on defense. Steal+block numbers are impressive.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, HoosierDaddyKid, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(12-14-2023, 06:41 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I'm more than satisfied with the future of our PF position so I'm out on this one.

We have a real PF?  I don’t see a single one on the roster much less anything to be satisfied with. I do think we’re okay at SF now.
Like Reply
So would you trade for Collins if all it cost was Maxi and Holmes?  Doesn't feel like an Ainge type trade.  I think it would be something you need to look into even if you are not sure on a player like Collins

Just by quick look, I think Clippers and Heat have better packages with the deals shown.

https://twitter.com/Zaknoble/status/1735...40/photo/2
Like Reply
(12-15-2023, 10:55 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: So who would you rather have, Hendricks or Prosper? Which winds up being the better player?

I haven't seen enough of Hendricks.   Really haven't seen enough of Prosper either.  Both are similar in age.   Prosper is a year and a few months younger.   Prosper played three years in college with his last being a breakout.  Hendricks went to a smaller school where he shined.   Both players fit the model that teams are looking under a rock for.  Time will tell, if either develops into that player.   

I would think most had Hendricks higher.  I don't think that has changed a few months since the draft.  Not saying he will be the better player, but I think most teams would pick Hendricks if they had the choice.
Like Reply

Impossible to know, but I am confident in OMax as the future of our 4 position.

(12-15-2023, 12:06 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: We have a real PF?  I don’t see a single one on the roster much less anything to be satisfied with. I do think we’re okay at SF now.

I'm more than comfortable running with OMax, Williams and Maxi. My timetable is longer than one game, one week, one month or even one season.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Like Reply
All of this being said, if they can get Markkanen I’m down hahahahahahahaha
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Atlanta is tanking hard. Assume they´ll make a move soon.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/statu...9536005509
Like Reply
(12-16-2023, 11:36 PM)omahen Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/statu...9536005509

Thank you but no

The Warriors will want real assets for him because they are still trying to win another ring. I don't think he's worth any assets.
Like Reply
LaVine deal happening?

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...8495790224
Like Reply
Unless the Warriors are so desperate that they'll trade Green for Holmes and Maxi
Like Reply
(12-16-2023, 11:39 PM)MFFL Wrote: Thank you but no

The Warriors will want real assets for him because they are still trying to win another ring. I don't think he's worth any assets.

…and that contract!
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I'd be all in on Lauri.
Not the perfect fit, but there's no telling if the perfect fit becomes available.
I like the DLive-Lauri pairing.
They compliment each other.
And Lauri in a 5 out offense would be tough to handle for other teams knowing each Mav on the court can shoot the 3.

Green+Hardy+unprotected FRP+SRP and whoever they want from THJ, Holmes, Maxi, DP to make the salaries work
3 Team trade if ever.
Like Reply