Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Paul George to Test Free Agency After No Contract Extension
I just don’t see Allen being moved now…regardless what was said over the summer.

Clev is in a win now mode. They had a very good regular season and a ugly playoff series. Regardless that team deserves more than just one playoff series together. Clev spent all offseason trying to fill in what they thought was their biggest weakness…shooting from the wings.

There is already talk that Mitchell isn’t going to resign there. That goes down to 0% if they are not a serious contender imo. With Garland, the upcoming Mobley extension and they hope a Mitchell extension. They need to be careful with the rest of the roster.

Maybe Allen is moved next offseason if things don’t go well but I expect they run it back.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, mvossman, omahen
Like Reply
(09-22-2023, 11:57 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I just don’t see Allen being moved now…regardless what was said over the summer.

Clev is in a win now mode.  They had a very good regular season and a ugly playoff series.  Regardless that team deserves more than just one playoff series together.  Clev spent all offseason trying to fill in what they thought was their biggest weakness…shooting from the wings. 

There is already talk that Mitchell isn’t going to resign there.  That goes down to 0% if they are not a serious contender imo.  With Garland, the upcoming Mobley extension and they hope a Mitchell extension.  They need to be careful with the rest of the roster. 

Maybe Allen is moved next offseason if things don’t go well but I expect they run it back.

Excellent points.  But don't you think they'd be willing to go with KAT if it presented itself?  That would be the best 4 player core in the NBA.  Mobley/KAT is the perfect combo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(09-22-2023, 03:35 AM)omahen Wrote:
Gambo saying Nurkic is not it

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/statu...6834457960

Gambo is saying the opposite of that:

"Vogel needs a defensive minded Center to build his defense around and Nurkic does fit that mold."
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • F Gump, omahen, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(09-21-2023, 06:19 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Saw this on Reditt.  Nba trade rumors are back!

Probably won’t happen but man Ayton is t more valuable than Ayton? 

$$$&&&

Just now on Arizona Sports 98.7 out of Phoenix, John Gambodoro is hearing a Lillard trade to Miami is imminent within the next 24 hours, and he can’t rule out the possibility the Suns receive Nurkic and Portland gets Ayton. He says 4 different teams are in on Lillard, so it’s possible something else happens.

Gambo is a trusted Suns insider with a track record. Again, he’s not reporting it’s happening, he is just hearing rumblings.

Gambo may be a decent insider, but “I can’t rule out” is a huge red flag weasel-word qualifier. I can’t rule out that he’s making stuff up for attention.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
All I know is that the Suns seem to really want rid of Ayton.

Woe unto the suckers who fall for it. I sure hope it's not Dallas.
[-] The following 5 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka, MFFL, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(09-22-2023, 03:00 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: All I know is that the Suns seem to really want rid of Ayton.

Woe unto the suckers who fall for it. I sure hope it's not Dallas.
Jason Kidd would hate Ayton the same way he hated Christian Wood.  I can’t imagine a worse fit on a maximum contract.  Maybe Ben Simmons?
[-] The following 1 user Likes surfpuckmd's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
[Haynes] Portland is refusing to talk to Miami [about Damian Lillard]. Miami understands that they don’t have the assets
https://streamable.com/acx3hq

https://twitter.com/dwightjaynes/status/...49448?s=46
I have been told he could end up in Portland -- for Dame. But who knows at this point. Blazers would be wise to move Dame before Media Day.

Dwight Jaynes is a journalist and sportswriter in Portland, Oregon. He was a sports columnist with The Oregonian newspaper for several years. In 2001, he left to become president and write a column in the fledgling Portland Tribune and to do a daily radio show for KPAM, a talk radio station owned by the same company as the Tribune.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(09-22-2023, 05:26 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Haynes] Portland is refusing to talk to Miami [about Damian Lillard]. Miami understands that they don’t have the assets
https://streamable.com/acx3hq

https://twitter.com/dwightjaynes/status/...49448?s=46
I have been told he could end up in Portland -- for Dame. But who knows at this point. Blazers would be wise to move Dame before Media Day.

Dwight Jaynes is a journalist and sportswriter in Portland, Oregon. He was a sports columnist with The Oregonian newspaper for several years. In 2001, he left to become president and write a column in the fledgling Portland Tribune and to do a daily radio show for KPAM, a talk radio station owned by the same company as the Tribune.

I opened this a while ago. Who is really prepared to offer a bank and then some more for an elite one way player, who is often injured, is 33 year old, small and on a monstrous contract? Can Portland really get more than what was Miami reportedly offering (Herro, a couple of picks and a young player with the option that Herro goes to third team for other assets)?
Like Reply
Collins and Clarkson fit the description. Collins could make sense for Portland. If they also manage to get Ayton in the process, they would have a great young core of Henderson-Simons-Collins-Ayton with Grant at SF. Not a bad team at all, plus plenty of assets to improve the team in the future.

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/statu...0590096764
Like Reply
Something else missed in this conversation, when I listened to the podcast, Kidd named Josh as a player they will try with the “big 3”. So it does speak to what omahen is writing about, but it wasn’t exactly how it was reported in the tweets either.
Like Reply
The Mavericks have interest in acquiring Pacers sharpshooter Buddy Hield, veteran NBA reporter Marc Stein confirmed in the latest edition of The Saturday Stein Line on 97.1 FM in Dallas (hat tip to Grant Afseth of SI.com). However, according to Stein, there’s “no traction between the teams at this point.”

Shams Charania of The Athletic previously identified the Mavericks as a potential suitor for Hield. In addition to confirming that interest, Stein points out that the 30-year-old maintains an offseason residence in Dallas, meaning that – in all likelihood – he “wouldn’t exactly protest” if he were traded to the Mavs.

Dallas also has a logical outgoing trade chip in Tim Hardaway Jr., whose $17.9MM cap hit could be used as a salary-matching piece for Hield’s $19.3MM expiring deal. But Stein doesn’t get the sense that Indiana would have much interest in acquiring Hardaway.

“My read at this juncture is that the Pacers are not inclined to make that sort of swap,” Stein said. “At least not now.”
Like Reply
(09-24-2023, 11:56 AM)omahen Wrote: Collins and Clarkson fit the description. Collins could make sense for Portland. If they also manage to get Ayton in the process, they would have a great young core of Henderson-Simons-Collins-Ayton with Grant at SF. Not a bad team at all, plus plenty of assets to improve the team in the future.

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/statu...0590096764

John Collins?  He's on the decline in a big way.  He may only be 26yo, but those are dog years.
Like Reply
Looks like he will get his wish to play in China Smile His actions were really inapropriate for a player that showed as little as he did, imho. I can understand he is unhappy with his position with Hornets with at least two centers in front of him in the rotation, but who is willing to give anything for a nothing special player of such behaviour. Even if one thinks there is hidden talent there.

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/statu...8056088666
Like Reply
I don't know if this is possible or not... but it could be real nice to pull off this trade with Phoenix:

To PHX:
- THJ

To Mavs:
- Grayson Allen
- Nassir Little

1-5: Kyrie, Green, Luka, G-Will, Holmes
6-10: Exum, Allen, Little, Kleber, Lively
11-15: Seth, Hardy, DJJ, O-Max, Powell
[-] The following 2 users Like RGP1981's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
My best offer for Holiday.

Green, THJ, Holmes, 2027 1st.

I would need a handshake agreement on an extension. Even though I'm a Green believer, I would have to pull the trigger on this one. I doubt it would be the best offer, but I wouldn't have thought the Bucks offer was enough for Dame either. Luka, Kyrie, OMax, Hardy, Lively and Williams are off limits for me. I could do Maxi instead of Holmes, but I assume they would want the shorter contract anyways.

Here's my take on the potential roster. I'm going to generally go by size for the positions. We don't have to do the point guard/point forward mumbo jumbo.

PG1 Kyrie - He's going to come out and prove the haters wrong.
SG1 Holiday - A really good player who covers our need for a point of attack defender in between Kyrie and Luka. In my opinion he puts us into immediate championship contention.
SF1 Luka - Mental focus and solid team defense. Mental focus and solid team defense. Mental focus and solid team defense.
PF1 Williams - Sick this dog on their best wing and he is money from 3.
C1 Lively - Tyson Chandler fast track this dude. He can give us 24 solid minutes or more in the playoffs. We can overwhelm teams with smaller versatile rosters. We have viable small ball center options in Maxi, Williams, Omax and DJJ. Aggressively pursue the best free agent and buyout option Centers for depth.

PG2 Hardy - Yes, I'm anticipating more of an off ball role, but I'm going buy size because it makes more sense defensively in my head. He is ready to give us at least whatever Tim would have this year. I think he would be poised to erupt into a 6th MOTY season. Defensively, he has the tools to be solid. His potential is massive. We all saw the crazy talent he showed later into last. If you have read this far you are probably think that I am way too high on the young guns... just wait. My response to that: I'm glad you will all feel the joy that I have for this squad in a month or two especially if this trade happened. I've really gone for a rant on Hardy's.
SG2 Exum - They signed a player who can play defense and learned how to shoot over seas. Did I mention he can dribble? Thank god they brought in that dude from Utah's front office.
SF3 OMax - You guys just don't get it. You don't know what this guy already is. You don't know what he's going to be. It's going to be absolutely FREAKY. Ideally he's your PF, but this young dog is quick enough to chase guards. It doesn't really hurt for him to play minutes at SF. He will overtake Grant Williams in 1-3 years.
PF2 Maxi - When healthy he's a highly versatile defender who can hit the 3. We can play OMax, DJJ and (I hate to say it) Dwight more minutes in the regular season to keep him fresh.
C2 Dwight - He'll be fine on this otherwise nutty roster. Minutes go bye bye in the playoffs.

I really like the deep bench as well. Curry, DJJ and Morris. They can all fill in some minutes when players are out and could even be ok for a few minutes in playoff games. Get a depth Center. Biyombo? Noel? If we got Dwight Howard, we could have double Dwights.

Anyways, If we could get Holiday that would be cool and now that I've typed I'll this it surely won't happen, but until he gets traded to another team I'm choosing to believe those fake twitter accounts.

Oh yeah, I suppose we can throw in the two second rounders.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 4 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka, Ghost of Podkolzin, MFFL
Like Reply
Scary to give up too much for Jrue when there's a real question on how good he and Kyrie would be in 3 years assuming they even stayed
So from an age and asset side I guess I'm voting no on any realistic trade.
Shoot for someone younger, which would probably need to be next summer

Just tough since I really do love the fit. Just more a question of age and the impending decline for me
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • DallasMaverick, mvossman
Like Reply
Anyone else hear Tim Macmahon on the hoop collective say Dallas could have had Ayton for THJ and Holmes over the summer? Is that what he said or is it being reported wrong?
Like Reply
(09-28-2023, 10:57 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Anyone else hear Tim Macmahon on the hoop collective say Dallas could have had Ayton for THJ and Holmes over the summer?  Is that what he said or is it being reported wrong?

I believe this was reported at the time.  That the hold up was that Dallas wanted to include Javale in the deal and the Suns wouldn't take him back and that's why the deal went through (as reported).
Like Reply
(09-28-2023, 11:42 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: I believe this was reported at the time.  That the hold up was that Dallas wanted to include Javale in the deal and the Suns wouldn't take him back and that's why the deal went through (as reported).

Nah that can´t be right. That would be too fucking dumb.
Like Reply
(09-28-2023, 12:51 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Nah that can´t be right. That would be too fucking dumb.

https://clutchpoints.com/rumor-suns-mavs...-nba-draft

Story on Marc Stein's reporting back in late June.
Like Reply