Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Booker Likes NYK? Vogel Out? Suns Imploding?
(07-05-2023, 07:40 PM)The Jom Wrote: Isn’t it likely Boston got one of their 2nds from Dallas?

No.  2nds going to Boston are SA's 2026 and 2028.  Boston also gets to swap 2nds with SA in 2025.

Dallas gets two SRPs from SA. SA had 16,934 SRPs before this deal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Did the Mavs also open a trade exception of 10 million by trading Bullock into cap space?

I read that somewhere but couldn't confirm.
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 07:42 PM)mvossman Wrote: Don't get attached to those two new seconds.  They have the feel of an earmark for a trade, most likely dumping McGee.

I have no problem with the idea that the Mavs, through the course of adding a player they want, gained two small assets intended to rid themselves of McGee, a player absolutely nobody wants. 

That’s refreshingly smart business in my book.

The way this summer is going, I half-expect those two seconds to land them prime Shaq.
Like Reply
Quote:Williams said he’s feeling “great” after offseason surgery on his left hand and expects to be ready for training camp.

“Physically, I’m feeling really, really good. I had surgery on the hand after the season, did it in March, played through it the whole season then I re-did something after Game 6, and I was like ‘we’ve got make sure we get this after the season’. They recommended the surgery. It’s the first surgery of my life, so I was very, very anxious and weird, but it’s been an easy recovery.”

msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/what-grant-williams-said-about-his-celtics-future-and-recovery-from-hand-surgery/ar-AA1d7MSt
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 08:00 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Did the Mavs also open a trade exception of 10 million by trading Bullock into cap space?

I read that somewhere but couldn't confirm?

I don't believe so. This is a cap balancing trade, and Boston is the team that gets the TPE because they took no salary back.

The one caveat is that maybe Dallas can get a TPE if they somehow structure the Williams acquisition as part of the larger Bertans trade instead of this one. Then Bullock would be a salary dump, and Dallas would get a TPE.
Like Reply
SA betting on their future and against ours which is a smart bet. For all those who acted like giving away our second round picks like candy was no big deal, let this be a lesson.
Like Reply
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

RFA Matisse Thybulle will sign a three-year contract offer sheet in the $33 million range with the Dallas Mavericks, sources tell
@TheAthletic
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 08:21 PM)Winter Wrote: Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

RFA Matisse Thybulle will sign a three-year contract offer sheet in the $33 million range with the Dallas Mavericks, sources tell
@TheAthletic

Seems like Holmes agreed to waive his trade kicker.
Like Reply
Nevermind, this was a dumb post.
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 08:21 PM)Winter Wrote: Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

@TheAthletic

And now we wait. Portland has two days to match.
Like Reply
Mavs have had a really good offseason. I must be in Bizarro World.
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 08:25 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: And now we wait. Portland has 24h to match.

I thought it was 24 hours?
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 08:26 PM)mvossman Wrote: I thought it was 24 hours?

Depends on when he actually signs it.
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 08:23 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Seems like Holmes agreed to waive his trade kicker.

Reason/s why he would?
Wants to play with the Mavs?
Can he bargain for that?
Like Reply

I think he means Portland has 48 hours from now to make the decision since it leaked early.

24 hours from when he signs the offer sheet tomorrow.
Like Reply

Copied from Haynes. I think he is including today. Technically we are a few hours away from the offical day.
Like Reply
Leaked early because they want Portland to think about whether they’d rather have McGee and 2 seconds?
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 08:42 PM)The Jom Wrote: Leaked early because they want Portland to think about whether they’d rather have McGee and 2 seconds?

Agent probably trying to get him to Dallas.  Portland probably matches that offer but this might help a trade materialize before the RFA period starts.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • soog, Tyler
Like Reply
Wonder if he might fit into the Bullock TPE (if there is one).
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(07-05-2023, 08:52 PM)The Jom Wrote: Wonder if he might fit into the Bullock TPE (if there is one).

The rumored Thybulle contract is interesting because it implies a starting salary of about $10.4mm. That just happens to be Bullock's exact number. The Bullock/Williams trade would NOT create a TPE alone. But what if Nico has a way to wedge the Williams acquisition into the larger Bertans deal? Then Bullock would technically be a salary dump, and Dallas would have a $10.4mm TPE to take Thybulle without sending money back.

So in that conspiracy theory situation, all of the specific Thybulle talk today could be Dallas saying that they DO plan on offering Thybulle a RFA contract. If Portland wants to match, they could just sign Thybulle on their own and it never would have gotten this far. But if they DON'T plan to match, why not S&T him to us before noon tomorrow and accept a 2nd rounder that we just acquired?
[-] The following 3 users Like Tyler's post:
  • MFFL, Smitty, The Jom
Like Reply