Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Stein-Ingram Trade Inevitable| LAL Want Lebron Back On Any Terms
(06-22-2023, 03:04 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I think you can, specifically from two teams.

Miami have struck out on Beal, so they are clearly targeting a creator.

Kyrie + McGee for Herro + Lowry +#18.

Clippers sending signals they are ready to sell on PG13 in the final year of his contract. Could be a straight up deal or a three-way with Portland.

Powell + Covington + #23 from Portland + #30 from Clippers

Why do you keep posting these sign and trade deals that have draft picks taking place? That's grand mal tampering. The draft happens before free agency.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 03:04 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I think you can, specifically from two teams.

Miami have struck out on Beal, so they are clearly targeting a creator.

Kyrie + McGee for Herro + Lowry +#18.

Clippers sending signals they are ready to sell on PG13 in the final year of his contract. Could be a straight up deal or a three-way with Portland.

Powell + Covington + #23 from Portland + #30 from Clippers

I really want no part of Herro.  I like the Clippers package better but I think The Lord is washed up at this point.  I know it is spilt milk, but you'd be swapping out an unprotected future pick for mid/late round picks.  I might just prefer rolling the dice on Kyrie's talent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 03:07 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Why do you keep posting these sign and trade deals that have draft picks taking place? That's grand mal tampering. The draft happens before free agency.

Why do you think that matters? Tampering, please. The only danger in such pre-arranged deals would be one of the involved parties running their mouth between the draft and free agency like a complete tool. Okay I guess you are right, Mavs can´t do that. Undecided
Like Reply
The more I see these trades the more I get frustrated at the KP trade.

Yes neither team wanted those players anymore but KP was the most talented of all the players in that deal. The Wiz were desperate to offload two of the worst contracts.

Yet instead of us getting a FRP we somehow ended up giving a 2rp?
[-] The following 7 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • BigDirk41, cow, ItsGoTime, Jym, MFFL, mvossman, omahen
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 03:23 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: The more I see these trades the more I get frustrated at the KP trade.

Yes neither team wanted those players anymore but KP was the most talented of all the players in that deal.  The Wiz were desperate to offload two of the worst contracts.

At worst it should have been no draft compensation exchanged.  Everyone knew Dallas wanted to be rid of KP just like everyone knew Washington wanted to get rid of Dinwiddie because of chemistry issues and Bertans because of chemistry issues and buyers remorse.  You could argue that Dinwiddie is the more desirable player in that trade but both he had KP had pretty major medical red flags.  I thought we should have received the draft compensation in the trade at the time though and my stance really hasn't changed.

If Luka does eventually get traded, the KP trade really doomed this franchise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 03:23 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: The more I see these trades the more I get frustrated at the KP trade.

Yes neither team wanted those players anymore but KP was the most talented of all the players in that deal.  The Wiz were desperate to offload two of the worst contracts.

It´s not like KPs value improved a lot (if at all). Mavs rarely "win" negotiations but the Celtics trade kinda proves that KP simply isn´t/wasn´t a positive asset. KP couldn´t even net the Wizards a first after a season with reasonably good health and the best boxscore production of his career.

I have come to terms with the fact that no matter what happens the Mavs will throw in a couple of 2nds. They simply don´t value minor assets.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • hakeemfaan, SweetFidelia
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 03:03 PM)omahen Wrote: Wow, GSW paying to dump Poole, admitting that contract was a big mistake.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1671959234701828106

They just cleared money to resign Day-Day.
Like Reply
As a public service announcement, this gentle reminder...

Tonight is not the only opportunity for team building.

There will still be deals between Friday and 6/30. Probably more than most years because some teams will need the 25% trade spread they can get in June and avoid the hard cap.  There are teams with TO's (Beasley, Rose, Burks) that might serve as ways for teams to clear cap obligations.  There are teams with NG's or lightly guaranteed contracts with decision dates in June.  Most of the larger PO's are decided, but there are still a few of those also.

Then we get to free agency July 1st.  Can we use Wood as a S&T asset.  Will we be enough under the apron to use the full MLE or accept a S&T incoming?

Who knows if tonight will be a big fat nothing-burger or something exciting (I'll take the under).  But all is not lost if tonight is uninspiring or even if it is inspiring but still leaves big holes on the roster.

You are welcome.
[-] The following 5 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick, ItsGoTime, Jmaciscool, KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 03:09 PM)cow Wrote: I really want no part of Herro.  I like the Clippers package better but I think The Lord is washed up at this point.  I know it is spilt milk, but you'd be swapping out an unprotected future pick for mid/late round picks.  I might just prefer rolling the dice on Kyrie's talent.

Completely agree.  Flashy white players have a tendency to be WAY overrated.  Brent Barry comes to mind.   White Chocolate.  Chase Budinger.

IMO, if I'm Miami, I'm selling on Herro high.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 04:21 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: IMO, if I'm Miami, I'm selling on Herro high.

Completely agree, but I think they might've missed the moment to do that already.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot
Like Reply
So as much as I despise the mindset being displayed by GOP...

I am betting on Grady Dick being added to that list.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkenfromLMF's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 04:21 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: As a public service announcement, this gentle reminder...

Tonight is not the only opportunity for team building.

There will still be deals between Friday and 6/30. Probably more than most years because some teams will need the 25% trade spread they can get in June and avoid the hard cap.  There are teams with TO's (Beasley, Rose, Burks) that might serve as ways for teams to clear cap obligations.  There are teams with NG's or lightly guaranteed contracts with decision dates in June.  Most of the larger PO's are decided, but there are still a few of those also.

Then we get to free agency July 1st.  Can we use Wood as a S&T asset.  Will we be enough under the apron to use the full MLE or accept a S&T incoming?

Who knows if tonight will be a big fat nothing-burger or something exciting (I'll take the under).  But all is not lost if tonight is uninspiring or even if it is inspiring but still leaves big holes on the roster.

You are welcome.

But...what if I really LIKE overreacting and complaining?
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 05:04 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: But...what if I really LIKE overreacting and complaining?

You can only win. Either get a I told you so moment or a positive suprise when the Mavs overperform.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply

We’re always too late. KP should’ve been traded BEFORE the season started. TDL was a bad time in the market. We should have admitted failure earlier like the Warriors just did with Poole. It’s just like the Brunson thing. We should have extended him or if he refused we should have traded him. Period. And it’s just like the Josh Green thing we’re about to face. Sign him to a team friendly extension or trade him now or at the deadline. 

We have to act faster and get ahead of this type of stuff. It’s why I’m nervous about tonight. I’m trying to stay optimistic though. Downed some Mavs kool aide and am ready to party
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, hakeemfaan
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...3016272896

Bridges averaged 26ppg on 61% post trade. #3 is probably going to be Henderson. Simons contract isn´t great but he is three years younger than Bridges.
Like Reply
Lakers getting 40 for 47 and cash. Small move that might not amount to much but this is what smart franchises do.
Like Reply
The 6 2nd rounders and 4 pick swaps the Suns gave up for Beal is outrageous. Great news for the Mavs. I see them as no threat over the coming years. No way that works

On a side note. Did everyone see what the Wizards got for CP3? Clearly more valuable than Ayton. Wizards have proven to be a front office that’s legit so far. Good news for us that they’re in the east
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 04:21 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: Completely agree.  Flashy white players have a tendency to be WAY overrated.  Brent Barry comes to mind.   White Chocolate.  Chase Budinger.

IMO, if I'm Miami, I'm selling on Herro high.

Right.  Larry Bird, Steve Nash, Nikola Jokic.  Flashy white players like that.
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • BigDirk41, HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
In the meanwhile...

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/...5068598273
Like Reply
Damian Lillard wants to give the Blazers more time to build a contender and will take the next week to think about his future, per Shams
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply