Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: NOP Will Not Give Ingram an Extension
(06-21-2023, 08:27 PM)cow Wrote: If nothing else, it will be curious to see what the Wizards can extract from Boston for KP.  A tale of two front offices.

The Wizards are getting Gallo and Mike Muscala for KP.  Boston for the win.
Like Reply
Tyus Jones and the 35th pick for KP. I'd say the Wizard did pretty well.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 12:03 AM)cow Wrote: Tyus Jones and the 35th pick for KP.  I'd say the Wizard did pretty well.

Jones was a starting caliber PG playing behind Ja. He'll surely start for the Wiz.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 12:07 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Jones was a starting caliber PG playing behind Ja. He'll surely start for the Wiz.

Yup.  I bet he gets flipped during the season for more draft capital, even if modest since he is expiring.  Tip your hat to the Wiz on maneuvering out of the Dinwiddie/Bertans contracts and actually getting assets back in return.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Trade back with OKC at 12 and pick up a future protected 1st(they have 100 of them)…. At 12 you still get one of Lively, Hendricks, Wallace imo. Then offer ATL Bertans, Bullock and the future 1st just acquired for Collins and 15.

Walk out of the draft with Collins, 12 and 15.

Just a thought but I do think OKC at 12 is an ideal trade back spot.
[-] The following 2 users Like Okstate819's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Middleton opts out.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3789...free-agent
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 03:46 PM)SweetFidelia Wrote: In 25% of Boston's playoff games, Joe Mazzulla felt Grant Williams wasn't worth playing for even 1 second (5 playoff DNPs).  His attempts to "get tough" and get in Jimmy Butler's head in the ECF is high comedy.  Jimmy kept giving him a wedgie and taking his lunch money.  If you get 3 DNPs (really 4) against the Hawks in a 6 game series, you are automatically disqualified from playing on my favorite team.
If the Mavs are calling about him, they don’t share your thoughts.
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 09:17 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: If we're trading out, my deal is 10 + Bertans for 1) either Sochan or Vassell, 2) #33, and 3) future considerations.

If they refuse to put Sochan and/or Vassell on the table, and they're dumb enough to make a deal with someone below us, and if the top nine goes top nine, I draft Coulibaly at 10 just to spite that mean old Pop. He's probably worth it if Pop wants him.

I love Sochan, he is a weird player in a good way. Has star potential, does Dray like things. I can't imagine Spurs would trade him. If they traded anybody to me it would be Vassell who is a similar player to B-Coul. I don't know that 10 for Vassell is good enough. If Mavs get more picks including a future first and Collins then I would have to think about it, it depends on Mavs evaluation of him as a starting SF. Unless Spurs put a lot on the table and they might who knows how bad they would want B-Coul then Mavs can probably get a better deal.
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 11:04 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Interesting stuff Dan. If I’m Dallas, that’s still probably not quite enough value for me. It’s close though. Just think if SA is hot for the pick, I want more than that. We are giving a rotation piece in Reggie. Would this trade give us access to the Full MLE if we also signed Kyrie starting at Luka’s $? Or does Grant Williams into TPE slot negate that?

Yeah, I'm not advocating for this particular deal.  Just pointing out the math and trying to make it close.  To answer your specific question...Yes, there is room for Kyrie at $40mm, Collins, G-Will at $17mm, #33, Powell at $7mm, the MLE and BAE and still be under the first apron.  Your team is:

Bigs:  Z. Collins, Maxi, Powell
Wings:  G-Will, THJ, Green
BH's:  Luka, Irving, Hardy

Plus 33, MLE and BAE.  Wiping out this much salary is a powerful teambuilding tool as it turns all the crap into useful players.  But, it costs 10.

Let's talk for a moment about the other Collins.  As I've thought of this some more, SA currently has $22.1mm of room according to Spotrac.  If we trade McGee for Collins, that expands to $24mm (can anyone think of a rumored trade target making just under $24mm????).  Step two is trading Reggie at a $6.5mm guarantee instead of his lowest possible number of $5.4mm (similar to what is proposed with CP3) and Bertans into SA's cap space.  That creates a TE big enough to swallow Collins (I think it can be done as a 3 way, but I'm breaking it down for the math).  The difference here is we aren't asking Atlanta to swallow Bertans and give us 15.  We are giving them zero returning salary and can more easily demand 15 for taking back J. Collins.  They also get a large TE.  

In this case you probably lose the full MLE.  Instead of Williams, you get 15 and the TP-MLE.  But, you are not hard-capped and can do other trade match deals (like C. Wood or THJ outgoing, but not for a S&T player).  Using SA in this way is also a path to Ayton instead of Collins, but Phoenix doesn't have a pick to give us.  Trade Machine's won't do this because they don't give you the option of cutting back Reggie's salary to a specific number.  You have to do the math.
Like Reply
If Toronto comes calling for a 13 for 10 swap...

Is Precious for McGee enough?  

Precious/Boucher for Bertans instead?  

Is Koloko a Kessler starter kit?  Koloko/Boucher for Reggie?
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 07:22 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: If Toronto comes calling for a 13 for 10 swap...

I would only do this, if player I really like is still available at 13 (or I can do some other deals with 13). I was a bit higher on Precious before, but a bit deeper dive doesn't give me confidence he is a starter level player solving what Mavs need. Koloko is far from starter level at this point imho. I always liked Boucher, but he is also just a role player.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 07:22 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: If Toronto comes calling for a 13 for 10 swap...

Option D) none of the above imo. 

Ever since I've seen most mocks saying Whitmore will be available I think it'll be pretty foolish to trade the pick. Especially for TOR's trash. Masai has shown he only makes trades when he is the obvious winner, even if it's to his detriment.

I'd be asking myself, why is Masai so willing to trade up to 10?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 07:11 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: In this case you probably lose the full MLE.  Instead of Williams, you get 15 and the TP-MLE.  But, you are not hard-capped and can do other trade match deals (like C. Wood or THJ outgoing, but not for a S&T player).  Using SA in this way is also a path to Ayton instead of Collins, but Phoenix doesn't have a pick to give us.  Trade Machine's won't do this because they don't give you the option of cutting back Reggie's salary to a specific number.  You have to do the math.

Regarding using this option for PHX and Ayton. I think it's been pretty well established that PHX wants Collins, or is at least interested. Couldn't we just do this deal but send J.Collins to PHX, Ayton to DAL, Bertans+Bullock+15 to Spurs? And ATL gets #33 and cap space?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 12:32 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: If the Mavs are calling about him, they don’t share your thoughts.

That's a badge of honor, Mr. Mandelbaum.  Put it on my tombstone: "Here lies Fidel.  He didn't share the Mavs thoughts."
Like Reply

Toronto has been one of my favorite trade down partners.  In fact, I threw them in my prediction post with the comment that it won't happen.  LOL.

Toronto has a lot of moving parts and rumors are they are difficult to deal with.  But if they really like a player at 10, I think you can bring them to the table because Toronto, Orlando, OKC and New Orleans typically like similar players.  We will see.

I would have Precious # 1, Koloko #2 (but I really haven't watched him in the pros) and Boucher #3 on my wish list.   Mavs might have different thoughts.  My thought process from a month ago was to trade back to 13, pick up an asset and then draft Lively.   My thoughts now is I really need to see who is there at 10.   I would be fine staying at 10 if one of my targets reaches #10.
Like Reply
[Image: image0.jpg?width=612&height=843]
[Image: image0.jpg?width=668&height=843]
Like Reply

I love Koloko.  Kessler is a perfect comp.
Like Reply
More from Fischer:

For all the mounting noise about Paul George’s trade candidacy in Los Angeles, don’t expect the Clippers to part with the eight-time All-Star. Portland has indeed registered interest in creating a package around the No. 3 pick for George, sources said, but those talks did not gain any traction with Los Angeles. There has certainly been talk of New York’s interest in acquiring George should the Clippers truly make him available, but Los Angeles has the intention to continue bolstering its roster around George and Kawhi Leonard — as evidenced by the team’s attempt to bring Brogdon into the fold.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 11:37 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: More from Fischer:

For all the mounting noise about Paul George’s trade candidacy in Los Angeles, don’t expect the Clippers to part with the eight-time All-Star. Portland has indeed registered interest in creating a package around the No. 3 pick for George, sources said, but those talks did not gain any traction with Los Angeles. There has certainly been talk of New York’s interest in acquiring George should the Clippers truly make him available, but Los Angeles has the intention to continue bolstering its roster around George and Kawhi Leonard — as evidenced by the team’s attempt to bring Brogdon into the fold.

Someone tell the Clips we'll be happy to SNT Kyrie for George if they're anxious to get rid of him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kidnova's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
a lot of talent in this league. Looking at Charlotte, Detroit and Orlando rosters and they have plenty of young talent. And there is still a good shot at least two of those teams will be out of the playoffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply