Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: NOP Will Not Give Ingram an Extension
(06-16-2023, 01:27 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: So Orlando, I would be interested in Bitadze as a Marquis Chriss TE pick up...
10 for 11 & 36 is a bit light, but if there is indeed a bidding war, make it happen.

In my perfect scenario, 11 would still get you a deal with BKN at 21/22 and 21 would be enough to get Atlanta to accept a trade down for taking Collins.

Bitadze is so much a dinosaur in style/ability/size/skill, I think he has a reversed pelvis.

(06-16-2023, 05:54 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: I would rather:

To Dallas: Capella, Collins, Theis, McConnell  (Mavs keep 10)

To Atlanta: Bertans, Bullock, #26, #31  (Atl keeps 15)

To Indy: THJ, #46

Kyrie
Green
Luka
Collins
Capela

Hardy
Maxi
McConnell
Theis
MLE
Minimums

Collins is the ballast that nets Capella.  Hawks get later picks and Indy gets a more valuable player than the bench players they give up.

It's been proven for several years now that Capella and Collins are a horrible frontcourt combo.  I'm not saying ATL won't move both, but I am saying they won't end up together.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(06-16-2023, 05:46 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: He’s the Haywood to Lively’s TC.

This board over rates Lively way too much.  He averaged 5 point and 5 rebounds.  The points aren't a big deal but players that don't rebound in the NCAA tend not to do so in the NBA.

Unless he goes bottom third of the first and the Mavs some how acquire another pick late, I pass.

My draft list
1. Walker
2. Couilably
3. TRADE down for a pick(s) and a vet(s)
4. Hendricks
5. Black
6. Cason Wallace
7. Bufkin or JHS
Like Reply
(06-16-2023, 04:56 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Yep, saw this earlier, I posted this trade a couple weeks ago. Had us drafting Lively at 15 and like the other Tweet says, Mavs shore up their big rotation for years. Capela has 2 years on contract, just enough time for Lively to be ready to start and Capela to come off the bench with an appropriate contract.

My guess in the Predictions thread is Capela as our starting center, but Clowney as the draft pick instead of Lively.  Clowney has two position upside.  He can be a small ball center and with some development, can spread the floor at PF.  He didn’t shoot 3’s well in college, but his stroke looks good.  I don’t see how Lively and Capela can share the floor, but I do see the day Capela and Clowney could share the floor.
Like Reply
Report: Dubs expect Dray to opt out, will push to retain him
https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nba/gol...t/1634191/
Like Reply
Would this be enough value for 10?

Pacers get: Bertans and 10

Mavs get: McConnell, Jalen Smith, 26, 29, 32 and two future 2nds

Pacers could add something like Walker and Dick and have a great lineup going forward

Mavs could shop the return and try to add a starter to make it a 3 team deal. TJ solves some issues. Smith is decent depth. Could still add rookies. Future 2nds for trades going forward. I don’t know if i would do it but it does check a lot of boxes

Mavs seems to have worked out mostly late 1st or 2nd round guys. Maybe something like this is what they’re currently starting from
Like Reply
(06-16-2023, 04:27 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: https://twitter.com/mavs_ffl/status/1669...61830?s=46&t=-lW3MUk_hy_SiUq46U-6RA

Report: Mavs want Clint Capela and the 15th pick, per
@JakeLFischer

Good!

(06-16-2023, 06:09 PM)Playmaker Wrote: This board over rates Lively way too much.  He averaged 5 point and 5 rebounds.  The points aren't a big deal but players that don't rebound in the NCAA tend not to do so in the NBA.

Unless he goes bottom third of the first and the Mavs some how acquire another pick late, I pass.

My draft list
1. Walker
2. Couilably
3. TRADE down for a pick(s) and a vet(s)
4. Hendricks
5. Black
6. Cason Wallace
7. Bufkin or JHS

Whatev. I think you and some other folks grossly underrate him.
Like Reply
(06-16-2023, 06:59 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: My guess in the Predictions thread is Capela as our starting center, but Clowney as the draft pick instead of Lively.  Clowney has two position upside.  He can be a small ball center and with some development, can spread the floor at PF.  He didn’t shoot 3’s well in college, but his stroke looks good.  I don’t see how Lively and Capela can share the floor, but I do see the day Capela and Clowney could share the floor.
Ya, I don’t mind that pick, I just see Capela starting to slip and as more of a stop gap that if we can find our long term starter he would work great off the bench to end his career. Allen, I think fixes the long term solution, but there are no rumors surrounding him.

Also, I’m kindof hoping that they get 1 pick in this draft and any additional picks are in the future.
Like Reply
(06-16-2023, 08:59 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Ya, I don’t mind that pick, I just see Capela starting to slip and as more of a stop gap that if we can find our long term starter he would work great off the bench to end his career. Allen, I think fixes the long term solution, but there are no rumors surrounding him.

Also, I’m kindof hoping that they get 1 pick in this draft and any additional picks are in the future.

I would too (future draft pick), but the Jake Fischer rumor was specific to Bertans.  Not going to happen with Bertans outgoing for Capela.
Like Reply
My hope is that the opposite is true as well...
Not going to happen with the 10 outgoing for Collins (to Atlanta).
(06-16-2023, 09:04 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I would too (future draft pick), but the Jake Fischer rumor was specific to Bertans.  Not going to happen with Bertans outgoing for Capela.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkenfromLMF's post:
  • Mapka
Like Reply
Capela is just now 29 with two full years left on his contract. He’s pretty young and that’s basically the Mavs timeline to challenge for a championship in the Luka window before he decides he needs to prove himself as more than a stats guy. Thus, Capela would be the long term center for as long as it really matters. Plus, everyone knows that Powell will be back as the backup center. It’s a given. No need to draft a backup with a premium pick. The 5 would already be set. The Mavs would need to use that 15 pick on a “big” wing, which is why I like Miller, but there are others who can guard the 3 and the 4 and chip in some offense. No way the Mavs should take Lively if they pull off the Capela trade unless they believe he’s hands down the best player available. But, if that’s the case, then this Capela trade is pointless. The Mavs need a starter quality center and big wing. One will be a rookie, one a vet. That’s all there is to it. It doesn’t matter which is which. There can be no other plan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nba/gol...t/1634191/
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Maybe it´s just my DAJ PTSD but it feels like Capela is on the same trajectory.
Worst rebounding and block numbers since 18/19. Worst DFG% of his career. Worst +/- numbers of his career.
Like Reply
If Lively is available at 15 on a trade that brings the Mavs Capela, why in the world do you feel the need to pass on him when he still is the BPA?

Yes, the Mavs would have 2 centers (3 if they get DP at 3-4M), but if Lively turns out to be a modern day TC with a 3 point shot, then bypassing him would be criminal. I don't expect Lively to be playing significant minutes in year 1, the benefit of picking him would only show up in year 2 maybe 3, and I expect an amazing jump. With Capela in, you can bring Lively slow. If he progresses quick, wouldn't that be a good problem to have?

That said, I don't think Lively is there at 15.
The choice for me would be Miller, JHS or Bufkin once Lively is taken.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
For a team who's trying to get win now players, the Mavs neither has a win now coach or a win now GM.
Like Reply
(06-17-2023, 02:52 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: For a team who's trying to get win now players, the Mavs neither has a win now coach or a win now GM.

Shows how ridiculously this team has been and continues to be run.

Fun anecdote: just yesterday MacMahon posted an 2018 Carlisle-quote after Luka was drafted. Basically he’s not interested in 1st round picks from now on anymore. Just weeks later they assembled the glorious Deandre-Matthews-Barnes veteran trio.

Just imagine how good we could have been had we for once not attempted to shortcut everything but rather taken our time to build a roster around Luka (& Brunson).

But here we are again, months after trading for a 30+ year old nutcase and now discussing salary dumps and more mediocre veteran additions in exchange for #10.

Nothing ever changes here as long as Cuban‘s reign of incompetence doesn’t stop. I’m fully expecting another horrendous trade around the pick. As always they’re too lazy, impatient and incompetent to make the right move.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesConway912's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
For some reason (probably aggregation) we spent a whole day on Collins based on reporting from Jake Fischer.  But if you read what he actually wrote (below), it is pretty clear Dallas is the team saying no to Collins.  Not only do they prefer Capela, but it would take Capela’s inclusion for them to even “consider” such a scenario.  I interpret that to mean a 10 for 15 swap might require Atlanta to put up another asset.

In “Atlanta, the Hawks will continue to explore trade scenarios for Collins. That has so far included preliminary talks with Dallas about swapping Collins and the No. 15 pick in the draft with the Mavericks for the No. 10 pick and Dāvis Bertāns. Those talks did not develop very far, sources said, and Dallas indicated it would be more willing to consider that deal if Hawks center Clint Capela was the returning player from Atlanta

The article goes on to say Atlanta might consider trading down to move Collins.  So, not only is Collins not worth a move up, Atlanta might have to give something to move him.  That aligns with previous reporting that it would take less than a first to get Collins.  Brooklyn is mentioned as a trade down candidate for Atlanta.  It also mentions that Atlanta might combine a bunch of its assets in a deal for Siakam.  In both cases, there might be an opportunity for Dallas to get involved in a 3 way that gives up 10 and yields more than just Capela.  Even if it is “just” Capela, adding a quality center and moving on from Bertans has value.  All of this is a far cry from Givony’s deal with Detroit.  Fischer in the past has had some stuff in advance of it actually happening, so I like where this appears to be heading.
[-] The following 5 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • F Gump, Hypermav, KillerLeft, SleepingHero, StepBackJay
Like Reply
(06-17-2023, 06:43 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: For some reason (probably aggregation) we spent a whole day on Collins based on reporting from Jake Fischer.  But if you read what he actually wrote (below), it is pretty clear Dallas is the team saying no to Collins.  Not only do they prefer Capela, but it would take Capela’s inclusion for them to even “consider” such a scenario.  I interpret that to mean a 10 for 15 swap might require Atlanta to put up another asset.

In “Atlanta, the Hawks will continue to explore trade scenarios for Collins. That has so far included preliminary talks with Dallas about swapping Collins and the No. 15 pick in the draft with the Mavericks for the No. 10 pick and Dāvis Bertāns. Those talks did not develop very far, sources said, and Dallas indicated it would be more willing to consider that deal if Hawks center Clint Capela was the returning player from Atlanta

The article goes on to say Atlanta might consider trading down to move Collins.  So, not only is Collins not worth a move up, Atlanta might have to give something to move him.  That aligns with previous reporting that it would take less than a first to get Collins.  Brooklyn is mentioned as a trade down candidate for Atlanta.  It also mentions that Atlanta might combine a bunch of its assets in a deal for Siakam.  In both cases, there might be an opportunity for Dallas to get involved in a 3 way that gives up 10 and yields more than just Capela.  Even if it is “just” Capela, adding a quality center and moving on from Bertans has value.  All of this is a far cry from Givony’s deal with Detroit.  Fischer in the past has had some stuff in advance of it actually happening, so I like where this appears to be heading.

We would still get 15 though right?
Like Reply
(06-17-2023, 07:26 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: We would still get 15 though right?

Yes, if the deal is just Atlanta.  If Dallas needs more to “consider” such a deal, is more Atlanta also taking McGee?  Is it adding one of the inexpensive youngsters like Johnson?  

All sorts of things open up if this is a bigger deal with Toronto or Brooklyn.  Maybe Toronto gets 10 and 15 as part of a deal for Siakam and the “something more” from Atlanta is 13 instead of 15.  

Maybe Johnson is too much for Atlanta to give with 15, but they are also doing a Collins deal with Brooklyn that moves 15 for 21.  Would you rather have 15 or 21/Johnson?  I’d take Johnson and the lower pick.
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • MFFL, StepBackJay
Like Reply
(06-17-2023, 06:43 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: In “Atlanta, the Hawks will continue to explore trade scenarios for Collins. That has so far included preliminary talks with Dallas about swapping Collins and the No. 15 pick in the draft with the Mavericks for the No. 10 pick and Dāvis Bertāns. Those talks did not develop very far, sources said, and Dallas indicated it would be more willing to consider that deal if Hawks center Clint Capela was the returning player from Atlanta

The article goes on to say Atlanta might consider trading down to move Collins.  So, not only is Collins not worth a move up, Atlanta might have to give something to move him. 

Are we sure?
I mean it seems they want better player and in such case they will give something more for him.
In Dallas case, we are giving them inferior player so they get something. 
I mean the article they would like to make a trade for Siakam, I would argue that he is worth trading pick for.
Like Reply
(06-17-2023, 07:48 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Yes, if the deal is just Atlanta.  If Dallas needs more to “consider” such a deal, is more Atlanta also taking McGee?  Is it adding one of the inexpensive youngsters like Johnson?  

All sorts of things open up if this is a bigger deal with Toronto or Brooklyn.  Maybe Toronto gets 10 and 15 as part of a deal for Siakam and the “something more” from Atlanta is 13 instead of 15.  

Maybe Johnson is too much for Atlanta to give with 15, but they are also doing a Collins deal with Brooklyn that moves 15 for 21.  Would you rather have 15 or 21/Johnson?  I’d take Johnson and the lower pick.

I am not giving up 15. I think the Mavs will trade down but not out absent getting a star and there doesn't appear to be any opportunities for that.

To me the framework of the deal should be 10 + something for 15 and Capela. Bertans would be ideal since he doesn't have a role on the team. If THJ had to be included then I would want Johnson or Bey back. 

I don't know enough about Johnson to know his value to know if its worth trading back from 15 to 21. To me 15 or 16 is still a pretty safe area to draft as there are a bunch of players 10-16 that are roughly on the same tier. I have been wanting to figure out how to get a starter like Capela without giving up any rotation players and only doing a trade-back.
Like Reply