Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Stein-Ingram Trade Inevitable| LAL Want Lebron Back On Any Terms
Guess I'll stop until they fix it. Bummer. I was on a roll, LOL.
Like Reply
Well the inability to embed forced me to sign up...
Like Reply
Dwight Powell back for 3/12. Welcome back, Diamond!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
inb4 Powell is starting by game 10
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 03:59 PM)Tyler Wrote: Dwight Powell back for 3/12. Welcome back, Diamond!

Seems the minimum with annual raises. Kudos to those who called it. 

Great deal for the team!
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 03:59 PM)Tyler Wrote: Dwight Powell back for 3/12. Welcome back, Diamond!

Very fair deal for a solid rotation player.  

Does this take away the full MLE for us?
Like Reply
Just sign Crowder with the rest of the MLE and call it a summer.

[Image: 200w.webp]
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:06 PM)surfpuckmd Wrote: Very fair deal for a solid rotation player.  

Does this take away the full MLE for us?

It shouldn’t. Have his bird right. I would assume it’s an order of operations issue of who signs first.
Like Reply
Guys, I’m pretty sure this starts at the VET MIN. No prob, Bobs!
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:10 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Guys, I’m pretty sure this starts at the VET MIN. No prob, Bobs!

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493bbpq0kox8phkfr8h5rve...w.gif&ct=g]
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:10 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Guys, I’m pretty sure this starts at the VET MIN. No prob, Bobs!

Pretty sure every veterans only count against the cap under the three years of experience clause, unless that changed with the new CBA. That means Powell might earn $3M vet min salary (10+ years), but it would only count for $2M a year on the cap. And this is a 12/3 deal, so that does not seem like a minimum deal at all.

Just another day in Mavs free agency.
Like Reply
Who were we bidding against? Why is so hard to for the MBT to do 1-year vet minimum deals for fringe players?
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:19 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Pretty sure every veterans only count against the cap under the three years of experience clause, unless that changed with the new CBA. That means Powell might earn $3M vet min salary (10+ years), but it would only count for $2M a year on the cap. And this is a 12/3 deal, so that does not seem like a minimum deal at all.

Just another day in Mavs free agency.

Interesting. Clarification needed, because I’ve seen multiple people call it the minimum. Either way, I think it’s a good value deal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
This means Mavs have three centers above vet min now and their prized rookie. I really, really hope they will consolidate something here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
Looks like Dwight resigning broke Twitter Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
Could be indication Mavs are moving away from using MLE. I am not sure they are necessarily hard capped with Seth Curry signing. Couldn't they sign him into taxMLE?
Like Reply
Brooks to the Rockets
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:23 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Interesting. Clarification needed, because I’ve seen multiple people call it the minimum. Either way, I think it’s a good value deal.

It´s probably the moral minimum that Cuban is capable of offering Powell and still think he won the Rondo trade.

So to sum up Mavs free agency for the last two years:

Paid a 1st round pick for the privilege to replace Jalen Brunson with Seth Curry and JaVale McGee on a three year contract. Undecided
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:23 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Interesting. Clarification needed, because I’ve seen multiple people call it the minimum. Either way, I think it’s a good value deal.

As far as I know a vet min deal for Powell would start at 2.9m. Even with max raise that´s not enough for a 3/12 deal.
Like Reply
Solid deal in a vacuum but they still have to nail at least one trade to get a starting frontcourt player AND the MLE signing.

So far it’s once again super uncreative. Bringing back Powell and Seth x years after the they signed them for the first two times won’t turn them into quality starters.

But we’re still two additions short. Neither Powell/Holmes nor Seth should start next year. The same goes for Hardaway/Bullock/Kleber. 

Irving | Hardy
Green | Curry
MLE | OMax
Doncic | Kleber
Trade | Powell | Lively

should be the goal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesConway912's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply