Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SUGGESTED NBA RULE CHANGE
(04-22-2024, 03:25 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Ok Cause and Effect time:

You said:

Both omahen and I retorted and pointed out the actual effect removing the foul cap limit would cause. As it removes all incentive to actually play basketba
ll. 

Your response is that I'm trying to...gaslight you? Do you know what gaslighting is? 

Ok back to the argument...

What I'm trying to gather is that you don't like touch fouls being called? Ok I agree. How can we fix that? Well I believe the first real step would be abolishing the NBA Referee Union. That way the refs are no longer protected for any reason.

2nd: I'd install an independent 3rd party review system that tracks every referee call individually, every game, and generate a report card. Refs lose points for inaccurate calls, miscalls, or excessive calls. Any referee below a "B" on the report card will be sent down to the G-League. Only "A" refs can be designated crew chiefs and can ref playoff basketball games. 

3rd: I'd recruit referees from the Euroleague. They don't take shit.

4th: I'd immediately abolish all forms of protesting/complaining/barking etc. from players and coaches. NBA teams have to designate a single person on the coaching staff and only that person can talk to refs. Further, that designated person can only speak to refs during dead balls. Any player or coach that violates this rule is given a team technical foul (as in it doesn't count as a personal tech for ejection), but also instantly puts the opposing team in the bonus. So players/coaches can if they so choose complain to an official, but doing so gives the other team a possible advantage.

Do these suggestions meet your expectations?

It has to be fake then.

These "players" arent real then.  They arent playing "for the love of the game" like all the NBA ads and commercials suggest.

Going further...why would you need to get as complicated as your 4 point post suggest if this is all real and the refs are reasonable?  Your post alone...the lengths it suggests you have to go to, to reach reasonable,  flat out shows this is fake.  And you cant side step that.

You want to control my thoughts and tell me I wrong.   But...I guess if its all fake anyway you are right.   But that proves my point.

Sad how far the "internet" will go to shame and try and control a reasonable beings thoughts.   Keep manipulation and negativity alive.  War everything. Pretty sad you have to create reasons to attack others and cant figure it out without blaming, shaming, hurting others. What a legacy...hurting others.

You can ban me now, Killer. Ban the reasonable like the village killed good guy Jesus. Such a trash story and simulation. It makes no sense at all...its scrambling to make sense.
Like Reply
Let me prove this is about hate first and foremost...

I bet I am confronted with posts that attack me, try and distract the topic or side-step.

Or...I get banned.

I make a reasonable post about eliminating bad foul calls OR fouls taking key players out of games and I am met with excuses that fly in the face of what the NBA players say is why they play the game. Something does not add up at all.

Attacking someone for making sense means something is a foul. Lets create a bunch of bots to gang up on reasonable and try and change its mind. Trash.
Like Reply
(04-22-2024, 04:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: No one asked you. No one has ever asked you anything. No one will ever ask you anything. You are a crazy person that we all wish we didn’t have to scroll past to get to the smart people.

Read more. Learn more. Type less. Do better.

Read more what?  Lies?

Learn more what?  Lies

Do better?  By hurting others?

You will side step all of that and ban me.  

How come rewards are not defined?  

Is slavery a thing to you?  Do you like giving good things to bad people?   Should war mongers' have all the spoils?

You side-step and ban.   YOU DO BETTER, KILLER
Like Reply
(04-22-2024, 09:42 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Read more what?  Lies?

Learn more what?  Lies

Is slavery a thing to you?  Do you like giving good things to bad people?   Should war mongers' have all the spoils?

Dang.
Like Reply
Wouldn't the Clips or other teams just foul the shit out of Luka till he was injured if they didn't have to worry about fouling out? Trying to imagine what Marcus Morris would have accomplished with unlimited fouls in those earlier playoff series.
Like Reply
(04-22-2024, 10:40 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: What would be EVEN BETTER:  the NBA puts in a rule that the Mavericks get unlimited fouls for each player, but their opponents only get, say 3 fouls before a player fouls out.

Prove me wrong.

Nobody seems to be taking my suggestion seriously at all. 

I laid out a cohesive, unified, and well-thought-out solution, but people just keep ignoring and gaslighting me. 

It’s almost like a conspiracy!
Like Reply
(04-22-2024, 10:49 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: Wouldn't the Clips or other teams just foul the shit out of Luka till he was injured if they didn't have to worry about fouling out?  Trying to imagine what Marcus Morris would have accomplished with unlimited fouls in those earlier playoff series.

You are side-stepping the players playing "for the love of it".  No one loved Nelly's Hack A Shaq.  Guys followed orders...but its not sustainable.  Its not even possible to argue that it is sustainable...the league would lose viewership fast.

You are side-stepping the league being functional long term.

Your post is unsatisfactory to me.

There should be well defined rules that prevent Nelly's Hack-a-Shack and STRONG VERBAGE in the bargaining agreement that allow a  SWIFT counter to any SMART, but game ruining rule circumventions that lead to lower QUALITY BASKETBALL.

Its not that hard.  But it is if this is fake and unreasonable.

JUST PLAY BASKETBALL.  THE BEST GUYS...GOING AT IT.  NO BS REF CALLS OR NON_CALLS.   BUT MONEY HAS TO RUIN EVERYTHING
Like Reply
(04-22-2024, 10:54 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Nobody seems to be taking my suggestion seriously at all. 

I laid out a cohesive, unified, and well-thought-out solution, but people just keep ignoring and gaslighting me. 

It’s almost like a conspiracy!

So you are proving it all.

Thanks.

You cant justify yourself

Resulting in joking about the truth is when they are cornered.
Like Reply
(04-22-2024, 09:42 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Read more what?  Lies?

Learn more what?  Lies

Bye.
Like Reply
His rambles were as entertaining to read as they were insane.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Thank you. He gets to be right, and we don't have to read his psychotic breaks anymore. Everyone wins.
Like Reply
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Like Reply
(04-22-2024, 04:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: No one asked you. No one has ever asked you anything. No one will ever ask you anything. You are a crazy person that we all wish we didn’t have to scroll past to get to the smart people.

Read more. Learn more. Type less. Do better.

Holy shit, Killer!!!! This is priceless!
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(04-22-2024, 11:21 PM)youzigizag Wrote: STRONG VERBAGE in the bargaining agreement that allow a  SWIFT counter to any SMART, but game ruining rule circumventions that lead to lower QUALITY BASKETBALL.

Pretty sure he just described the entire section of the rulebook that defines what fouls are.
Like Reply
I'd be interested to see what effect time penalties might have.

Similar to Handball, the player must leave the court for lets say 2 minutes.

This would only apply to harder fouls. This way a player would only need to worry about harder fouls and could focus more on playing good D.

This idea could also be extended that time penalties could replace FTs to some degree.

This could alltogether reduce number of FTs, increase defensive intensity and thus improve game flow and "watchability".

What do yall say?
Like Reply
Boy, this thread went sideways real fast.
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 07:36 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Boy, this thread went sideways real fast.
Have you ever seen a Handball game?

If you are aware about how time penalties work there, you at least have to admit, that they are a very effective tool and that alone arleady makes it worth to at least consider what good could be taken from this. Right? I made an open question looking feedback of our boards swarm intelligence.

I actually did not really read the whole thread above, but it seems this thread is burned already, at least for you obviously.
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 05:56 PM)WillE Wrote: I'd be interested to see what effect time penalties might have.

Similar to Handball, the player must leave the court for lets say 2 minutes.

This would only apply to harder fouls. This way a player would only need to worry about harder fouls and could focus more on playing good D.

This idea could also be extended that time penalties could replace FTs to some degree.

This could alltogether reduce number of FTs, increase defensive intensity and thus improve game flow and "watchability".

What do yall say?

Handball leaves a lot of freedom of interpretation to refs what a "hard foul" is and what is not. And always huge amounts of complaining if the penalty was correct or not. I think basketball rules as they are are much clearer and far less subjective than handball ones. I think it would be a step in a wrong direction.
Like Reply
(04-25-2024, 02:31 AM)omahen Wrote: Handball leaves a lot of freedom of interpretation to refs what a "hard foul" is and what is not. And always huge amounts of complaining if the penalty was correct or not. I think basketball rules as they are are much clearer and far less subjective than handball ones. I think it would be a step in a wrong direction.
Yes, there it's a lot on the refs. And yes, as in any sport the athletes complain if they feel the need. However, if there is any sport where this complaining is highly respectful, it's Handball.
Just think how different this sport would look like with the complaining behaviour of NBA players or basketball'esque rules, where you'd have a limited number of fouls and constantly penalty shots...

I think there are clear parallels, and the thought experiment of transferring some of the handball rules to basketball is quite interesting imho.
Like Reply
I agree with OP that foul limit should be abandoned but the method I would prefer is a yellow card and red card type of thing like a soccer game. for example if a player accumulates 3-4 fouls he gets a yellow card automatically and has to play carefully for the rest of the game, because if he gets another 3-4 fouls he would receive another yellow card and two yellow cards combined makes a red one that would get the guy ejected.

refs can decide whether it's 3 or 4 or even more fouls that translate into a card depending on the degree of the foul, for example an offensive foul or a defensive foul swindled by James Harden is not as bad as one intentionally committed to stop an easy layup. a flagrant foul or a T automatically grants a yellow card.
Like Reply