Poll: How many points does Kyrie score in his Mavs debut? O/U 26.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
80.00%
8 80.00%
Under
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 56: DAL (30-26) vs. LAC (31-27) | 110-104 WIN!
kyrie is a great closer and Luka given more rest during the 1-3 quarters will maintain sharpness in the fourth so you get two legit options for crunch time, so we will win more close games as opposed to some earlier games of the season where we lost by just a few points because we struggled late in the game with a tired luka.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LukaMVP's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-08-2023, 07:09 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Joel had nine assists? I´m impressed.

[Image: 8hxg.gif]
Like Reply
Well, it’s a new era. I have my suspicions how this will ultimately turn out, but our boys will certainly keep things intriguing along the way.

I stopped my ritual to try and shake things up and take pressure off our guys cause I know they are very tuned in to what we talk about here, but I can’t say it necessarily helped. 

Now that the team is declaring we are all in, though, I think it’s fine to start saying out loud what has gone unsaid these past few weeks. It’s a must win game.
[-] The following 6 users Like DrMav's post:
  • BigDirk41, HIMAV, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, MFFL, Smitty
Like Reply
I absolutely cannot wait to see Kyrie play tonight.
[-] The following 3 users Like Dirknows's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL, Smitty
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(02-08-2023, 12:56 PM)Smitty Wrote: Bullock would be out from your OP

And/Or Wood

Told ya.

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/16...88448?s=46&t=zVqeefhQtNuq85F3dhuW2w
Like Reply
I hope this is just to showcase THJ and hope he has a huge game. I'm sick of him.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/16...88448?s=20&t=rtKA6T5LVSYPd8hWfqe9uw

No wood LOL
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-08-2023, 09:40 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I hope this is just to showcase THJ and hope he has a huge game. I'm sick of him.

I have a sneaking suspicion, based on nothing but my gut, that THJ is going to stick around past the deadline. I'm not sure any team is going to take on his contract without picks and I think the Mavs aren't trading anymore picks at the deadline. We'll save them until the summer as insurance in case Kyrie bolts. I do think Wood will be traded for the first straight swap that presents itself though. I could be totally wrong though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sterlingmallory's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-08-2023, 09:46 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/16...88448?s=20&t=rtKA6T5LVSYPd8hWfqe9uw

No wood LOL

Regardless of all the trade rumours (and that Reggie Jackson one better be BS) they did him no favours with the early return. He couldn´t shoot. Better let it heal completely before he turns into John Collins and the bad thumb f**** up his mechanics.
Like Reply
(02-08-2023, 09:40 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I hope this is just to showcase THJ and hope he has a huge game. I'm sick of him.

I feel for you, but think about it this way:

A) the team currently has exactly 8 players ready to be in a playoff rotation (actually 6, with Luka/Kleber hurt, but 8 to finish the season, in theory). THJ is unquestionably one of them. 

B) He's almost surely the 3rd biggest voice in the room right now. 3rd in the pecking order, socially. There were 3 between him and Luka at the end of last season, but Brunson, Dinwiddie and DFS are all gone now, with KI being the only one put in their place. Leadership wise, THJ got more important this week, not less.

C) This team has tried to make him a 6th man three (3!!) times in the last 2-3 years, and it has failed miserably all three times, either because he doesn't fit in that role or because he's so against it his head isn't right with it. If he's here, you want him confident and contributing. 

D) I believe they're trying to move him now, for two purposes: adding defense and lowering future salary responsibilities. But, he wouldn't be addition by subtraction no matter how many people claim otherwise, so they're not going to pull the trigger unless they find something they like. Going back to points A and B, if he's still here on Thursday night, he's definitely going to be a 30 minutes per player, and I'd be shocked if he didn't start.
Like Reply
Who knew RJ is even dumber than Perkins. 40M Harris goes 2-10 and RJ blames Harden/Embiid.
Like Reply
(02-08-2023, 09:46 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/16...88448?s=20&t=rtKA6T5LVSYPd8hWfqe9uw

No wood LOL

Pretty sure he's just coming off the bench like he did last game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dirknows's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Kyrie looks damn good in a Mavs jersey
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-08-2023, 09:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: he wouldn't be addition by subtraction no matter how many people claim otherwise

Dude, you know I love what you contribute to the board, but your insistence on this is analogous to your irrational hate for the city of Milwaukee.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
KAPOWELL WOW
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-08-2023, 10:11 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Dude, you know I love what you contribute to the board, but your insistence on this is analogous to your irrational hate for the city of Milwaukee.

nah
Like Reply
OK REGGIE!
Like Reply
Someone run the +/- when Bullock runs with Kyrie.
Like Reply
They can have Wood. We take Mann.

Also we definitely need to pick up the pace. Luka needs to get his running shows on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply