Poll: How many points does Kyrie score in his Mavs debut? O/U 26.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
80.00%
8 80.00%
Under
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 56: DAL (30-26) vs. LAC (31-27) | 110-104 WIN!
(02-09-2023, 12:29 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Seems like Powell and Green are fighting their asses off on the boards.

Yeah, Green was 14/5/5 on 71% shooting and it feels a little meh.  That’s how far he’s come.
[-] The following 7 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, MaxiThreeba, MFFL, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:33 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Yeah, Green was 14/5/5 on 71% shooting and it feels a little meh.  That’s how far he’s come.

He's the new DFS. I love his energy.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:33 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Yeah, Green was 14/5/5 on 71% shooting and it feels a little meh.  That’s how far he’s come.

Watching Green grow into this player is making my Mavs basketball heart grow 10x.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, MFFL, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Kidd better not do something silly like bench Green when Luka comes back
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:34 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: He's the new DFS. I love his energy.

Mark Jackson talking about how the loudest person for Dallas defensively was an assistant coach was telling though IMO. The energy was great, but we don't have that defensive QB constantly talking on our roster, especially with DFS gone.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:31 AM)Dundalis Wrote: Yeah I'm well aware of his weaknesses, but this talk of the Mavs being happy to trade him for someone like Reggie Jackson is puke inducing.

Well, there's a vast canyon between "starter on a contender" and "happy to trade him for Reggie Jackson"...maybe they'll find the sweet spot.

(02-09-2023, 12:32 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Good game from THJ. Either raised his trade value or made it more palatable to keep him.

Just saying...think of how much better he looked (admittedly, in Carlisle's system) when he came here and got paired with Luka, and now imagine him out there with BOTH Luka and Kyrie...or at least always with one or the other. 

I'm telling you, he's gonna help if he's still here. Not meant as a plea not to trade him...just not to trade him in a bad deal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:37 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Well, there's a vast canyon between "starter on a contender" and "happy to trade him for Reggie Jackson"...maybe they'll find the sweet spot.

That's fair. He's not the ideal starter on a contender, but if you actually put the right pieces next to him I think he has the skillset to work. I also think it could be likely the constant talk, disrespect and his completely inconsistent minutes has had an effect on him these last few games. You can say someone who wants to be a starter on a contender should be above that, but there's plenty of other very good players who would be affected by all the noise too IMO. Guy has kinda been treated like trash, especially if you compare it to how other players who have played significantly worse than he has this season have been treated (i.e. THJ). He's dealt with it way better than I would expect a so called malcontent type would that he was painted as when we got him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dundalis's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:36 AM)Jym Wrote: Kidd better not do something silly like bench Green when Luka comes back

In the post game after Utah, Kidd's comments were Green is a starter right now due to injury and he sees him as a starter down the road. Be prepared to be disappointed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:43 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: In the post game after Utah, Kidd's comments were Green is a starter right now due to injury and he sees him as a starter down the road. Be prepared to be disappointed.

Not excited about Powell/Luka/Bullock/Timmy/Kyrie.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:43 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: In the post game after Utah, Kidd's comments were Green is a starter right now due to injury and he sees him as a starter down the road. Be prepared to be disappointed.

He actually said he would be the starter sometimes, when they wanted to go for a smaller lineup and not when they wanted a bigger lineup.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:48 AM)mvossman Wrote: Not excited about Powell/Luka/Bullock/Timmy/Kyrie.

Unless THJ is traded that's exactly what it's going to be. Bullock has been hitting enough shots that he's going to get that vet preferential treatment and will start the rest of the season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sterlingmallory's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:50 AM)sterlingmallory Wrote: Unless THJ is traded that's exactly what it's going to be. Bullock has been hitting enough shots that he's going to get that vet preferential treatment and will start the rest of the season.

Yeah, I thought there was a chance Green could snag bullock's spot, but I'm with you. THJ is a lock if he's not traded, and bullock shooting like this means he probably is, too.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:48 AM)mvossman Wrote: Not excited about Powell/Luka/Bullock/Timmy/Kyrie.
Man, getting that Powell and THJ replacement in a trade with THJ and Wood going out would really make this team pop.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:50 AM)sterlingmallory Wrote: Unless THJ is traded that's exactly what it's going to be. Bullock has been hitting enough shots that he's going to get that vet preferential treatment and will start the rest of the season.

I feel like THJ's shot making is completely unnecessary with Luka and Kyrie both on the floor. Makes more sense when one is off. Whether Kidd considers that whatsoever, who knows. I'm very happy with Bullock's turnaround though, as not only is his shooting back, it looks like his shooting also affects his defense which has been much better also.
Like Reply
Man I love the up tempo ball movement game. Team obviously does too. Energy level is way up the last two games.
[-] The following 5 users Like LifeAquatic's post:
  • BigDirk41, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, MFFL, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:49 AM)Dundalis Wrote: He actually said he would be the starter sometimes, when they wanted to go for a smaller lineup and not when they wanted a bigger lineup.

A situational starter is not what Green needs to be. Kidd needs to figure that out. Multiple times he stated he sees him a starter down the road. I found the comment odd with how Green is playing.

(02-09-2023, 01:00 AM)LifeAquatic Wrote: Man I love the up tempo ball movement game. Team obviously does too. Energy level is way up the last two games.

I think everyone has noticed the same thing. Nobody wants to play in a slow paced system regardless of efficiency. The more everyone touches the ball, the harder they will play.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:00 AM)LifeAquatic Wrote: Man I love the up tempo ball movement game. Team obviously does too. Energy level is way up the last two games.

Barkley has been telling us this. Dallas needs to play a little faster. But Luka will slow things down lol
Like Reply
Josh is without doubt the third best player on the team, by far, and is a necessary part of the starting and closing lineups if this team hopes to contend. Surely Jason  Kidd, of all people, can recognize the benefit of a scrambling, defensive demon who can play some offense too.  Kidd has a real problem with lineups.  His idea to limit Hardy in favor of Wright is an issue as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Biggest change I noticed was how vocal Kyrie was compared to the rest of the team. Immediately took the leadership role on the court. Something the Mavs missed. Giving orders. Calling out plays on defense. Talking to his teammates. Especially the younger guys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
a high tempo game consumes your energy fast i think luka had every reason to avoid it as a means to save his energy for crunch time, but things have changed since kyrie came in town.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LukaMVP's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply