Poll: How many points does Kyrie score in his Mavs debut? O/U 26.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
80.00%
8 80.00%
Under
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 56: DAL (30-26) vs. LAC (31-27) | 110-104 WIN!
(02-09-2023, 12:14 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Mavs still need a starting center, I don't think Wood is it.

On the timeline/trajectory they suddenly find themselves on after this trade, I 100% agree.
Like Reply
Kyrie being a 90% FT shooter is gonna be a godsend to this team.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, ItsGoTime, Jym
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:12 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Powell immediately making an impact in place of Wood on BOTH ends.

Wood's been lethargic this game.

Must be 3 things:
  • He still isn't 100% well
  • He knows he is going to be traded
  • Having McGee and DP ahead of him, took away the air from him (credit Kidd for this)
Like Reply
Refs bailing out a dude going out of control careening into guys. 

Awful call.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:09 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Wood+THJ for Powell and Zubac?

PLEASE LAC!

Or just let Jkidd cherry-pick whoever he wants. They're obviously not on the same page
Like Reply
HOLY SHIT KYRIE WHAT A LAY IN
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:15 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Kyrie being a 90% FT shooter is gonna be a godsend to this team.

Absolutely
Biggest thing we've been missing at the end of games
Like Reply
Jesus christ Kawhi is a monster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:15 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Wood's been lethargic this game.

Must be 3 things:
  • He still isn't 100% well
  • He knows he is going to be traded
  • Having McGee and DP ahead of him, took away the air from him (credit Kidd for this)

I'd like to add a 4th hypothesis:

He doesn't always know what to do, and is still learning how team basketball works. 

I've never argued with any of the folks who've said that, it's just that he's so talented, and Luka is so young, I honestly thought it was in the team's best interest to just give him an important role and start TEACHING it to him. 

But now, with another superstar and all eyes on this franchise? I think you need guys who already know how to win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:15 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Kyrie being a 90% FT shooter is gonna be a godsend to this team.
I really hope Luka doesn't continue to be the Tech shooter.
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
AMAZING BALL MOVEMENT.

THJ WITH THE ICER

AND THEN PG SAYS F YOUR ICER

Timmy going 1/2 is comical.

Ok 6 point game. NO quick threes and get Kyrie to hit the FTs
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
deja vu, thj?
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:17 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Jesus christ Kawhi is a monster.

He has slowly become underrated, imo, probably because he misses a ton of games and that team has underachieved, but in my eyes he's still a top 5 guy in the league.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:18 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: But now, with another superstar and all eyes on this franchise? I think you need guys who already know how to win.

I'm there as well.

Wood has all the tools, but doesn't have the know how. He's had almost 60 games to learn, and still doesn't. Mavs need a guy that already knows how to win.

I wish we could get Steven Adams.

WHAT A WIN!
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
LETS CELEBRATE KYRIE
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:23 AM)donzingis38 Wrote: LETS CELEBRATE KYRIE

Great stuff tonight. 

I have major worries about getting into business with him, long term, but I'm not going to let that stop me from enjoying him on the court when he's playing hard. Amazing impact from him already.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • LifeAquatic, sterlingmallory
Like Reply
Won the rebound battle.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:28 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Won the rebound battle.

Seems like Powell and Green are fighting their asses off on the boards.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:14 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Difference between a guy who makes winning plays and one that doesn't.

Powell is a role player and the Mavs still need a starting center, I don't think Wood is it.

Wood never was, but we knew that. What he is, is an efficient 18ppg, arguably our best rebounder, and our best weak side shot blocker outside McGee. Somone who I think needs to play alongside someone who can guard the opposing big to be successful (i.e. the great lineups when he played alongside Kleber). People acting like he played two bad games and that's all he's been for us this season. Short term memories.

Yeah I'm well aware of his weaknesses, but this talk of the Mavs being happy to trade him for someone like Reggie Jackson is puke inducing.
[-] The following 5 users Like Dundalis's post:
  • BigDirk41, ItsGoTime, MFFL, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, Smitty
Like Reply
Good game from THJ. Either raised his trade value or made it more palatable to keep him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply