Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 39: BOS (27-12) @ DAL (22-17) | 95-124 loss
(01-05-2023, 08:31 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Celtics have the best record in the league for a reason. Thankfully there aren´t a lot of teams that can replicate what they are doing. I think Wood is far better than KP when it comes to iso/post up stuff because he is willing to play through contact. Also a better 3-point shooter. Doesn´t take a random guard or wing to take him out of the game. No shame to struggle against Horford or Smart.

I agree, but I STILL think he needs to improve in matchups like this.
Like Reply
Wood and Ntilikina fouled at least 3-4 times on the last possession. Refs with a small gift for the Mavs.
Like Reply
Well we are not playing the awful teams any longer.  If we aren’t, we really need close to a perfect game to be competitive with this depleted roster and this isn’t it tonight.  Not sure we can compete against a good Boston performance anyway.  If we don’t get some help back soon, more of these games may be in our future coming up.

Bullock has been awful.  Just a step slow on defense often and provides nothing on offense.  He better be the guy who loses minutes when Green and DFS returns.  

When teams switch on everything, you really see the limitations of the rest of the offense.  Dinwiddie has been aggressive but Hardaway has gotten very few solid looks and Bullock, as mentioned, is no threat.

Bertans and the bench just isn’t good enough in these types of games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Kemba is done...they will release him soon. That 40+ minute game against the Cavs completely broke him for the rest of the season, it was too soon for him to play big minutes
Like Reply
Boston is getting it done without the benefit of Tatum and Brown going off. Boston has got good production off their bench, especially Grant Williams and Brogdon.
Like Reply
27 to 2 scoring from the benches is the story in this one, so far. That and whatever scary thing is happening with Luka.
Like Reply
This team is NOT going to be a competitive defensive team as long as Luka and SD are playing long minutes together. SD needed to go to the 6th man role 38 games ago. And I personally think he needs to be traded.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Bullock is starting to make me die inside a little.

Signs of wood realizing they need more from him tonight. I hope he’s up to it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
Luka looks like he's sick.
Like Reply
I DESPISE watching SD go one on one while everyone stands around and watch.

D.E.S.P.I.S.E.
Like Reply
(01-05-2023, 08:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Bullock is starting to make me die inside a little.

Legs are cooked. Not sure if he has/had an injury that wasn´t mentioned or if age/mileage caught up with him.
Like Reply
(01-05-2023, 08:59 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Legs are cooked. Not sure if he has/had an injury that wasn´t mentioned or if age/mileage caught up with him.

Age plus being a very subpar athlete from the get go.
Like Reply
Getting uglier. I think it has been a decent effort, defensively, but the Celtics’ score will look terrible anyway because this abysmal offense is constantly putting the defense in a bad way. The Mavs have to lead the league in ugly shot attempts that end with one of them falling on the floor.
Like Reply
Celtics need to hurry up and finish this one so Kidd isn't dumb enough to keep Luka in there. Should be logging under 30 minutes tonight and sit the 4th quarter
Like Reply
(01-05-2023, 08:50 PM)Kammrath Wrote: This team is NOT going to be a competitive defensive team as long as Luka and SD are playing long minutes together. SD needed to go to the 6th man role 38 games ago. And I personally think he needs to be traded.

Yeah size certainly isn't everything
On paper you would think that Spencer would be better defensive fit than Brunson but nope
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-05-2023, 09:04 PM)Jym Wrote: Yeah size certainly isn't everything
On paper you would think that Spencer would be better defensive fit than Brunson but nope

Yep. 

You know SD must be bad when I am willing to lay aside that many inches of wingspan advantage.
Like Reply
Boston is trying hard to let the Mavs back into this game. Let’s see if the Mavs have any fight tonight.
Like Reply
Not a good game for the two-big lineup, imo.
Like Reply
(01-05-2023, 09:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Boston is trying hard to let the Mavs back into this game. Let’s see if the Mavs have any fight tonight.

I guess the answer is NO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Boston on a 9-0 run. Luka looks gassed.
Like Reply