Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 39: BOS (27-12) @ DAL (22-17) | 95-124 loss
Heart 
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1610736638665031692
Like Reply
I was really hoping we would get Josh Green back.  He is shooting but not doing team drills yet.   Kidd says he is not on the verge of returning.   Sounds like DFS may be a little ways off as well from returning.

With some tough games coming up, it feels like we have some guys who may be running on fumes.   Really need to count on peak Luka and at least strong and efficient scoring games form two of the three of Wood, Hardaway and Dinwiddie to compete.  

I don't have good feelings about tonight.  I think they will get a motivated Boston performance.  We will see though.  Luka likes to play against Boston.
Like Reply
I keep saying this, but I believe it is just as simple as “home vs away”.

Tonight will be a good test for that theory. I expect the Mavericks to play well, win or lose, because it’s a home game. We’ll see.
Like Reply
(01-05-2023, 11:01 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I keep saying this, but I believe it is just as simple as “home vs away”.

Tonight will be a good test for that theory. I expect the Mavericks to play well, win or lose, because it’s a home game. We’ll see.

We are getting our doors blown off tonight.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • bodhisattva
Like Reply
Pretty sure Boston wants to wipe that bad taste out of their mouths, following that thumping at OKC. Mavs will need more than just Luka going off tonight.
Like Reply
Weren't we told Finney would be back in two weeks about two weeks ago?
Like Reply
(01-05-2023, 05:44 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Weren't we told Finney would be back in two weeks about two weeks ago?

It’s definitely becoming a drag not having him or Green.

Pretty good defensive start, so far. Offense looks rough.

THJ!
Like Reply
I expect defeat, especially since Boston lost last 2 games. But you never know with Mavs, with their "home and against good teams record". We will see.

At least with the season almost at the halfway point and some upcoming tough matches, finally its time for some serious basketball. Preseason getting to a close. Time to get serious and see where this team actually belongs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bodhisattva's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I like that Dinwiddie is trying to get downhill early. This would be the perfect game for him to get to the line a bunch.

THJ’s “non-defense” against Brown results in two offensive fouls in less than half of the first quarter.
Like Reply
Smart in the post is not a mismatch. Don´t force feed stuff because the Celtics switched.
Like Reply
Oh my…not a good matchup of bench depth, so far.

Nice Powell-style screen assist in the paint there by Wood. Easy layup for Dinwiddie.
Like Reply
Mavs are hanging in. I am optimistic to this point, despite the deficit.
Like Reply
Games like tonight make those losses in the test-drive phase hurt... there happen to be more of these coming than going
Like Reply
BAD moment for Wood there, defensively…got cooked by Williams AND fouled him.
Like Reply
Bullock’s defense is just putrid now. Two times in a row down the floor out of position leading to 5 easy points. Not to mention has he EVER made an off the dribble step back 3?! That part of his repertoire should be retired.
Like Reply
(01-05-2023, 08:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: BAD moment for Wood there, defensively…got cooked by Williams AND fouled him.

Bad matchup for him on both ends. No slow bigs to exploit on offense. Horford and Williams can easily stay in front of him and can quickly close out to the 3-point line. Even worse. Switches aren´t creating mismatches for him. Iso/post up against Tatum or Smart isn´t leading to good looks.

On offense nearly all Celtics can put the ball on the floor. Everyone except for Williams can shoot from 3. Meaning that Wood needs to rotate all over the floor. Not exactly his biggest stength.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-05-2023, 08:18 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Bad matchup for him on both ends. No slow bigs to exploit on offense. Horford and Williams can easily stay in front of him and can quickly close out to the 3-point line. Even worse. Switches aren´t creating mismatches for him. Iso/post up against Tatum or Smart isn´t leading to good looks.

On offense nearly all Celtics can put the ball on the floor. Everyone except for Williams can shoot from 3. Meaning that Wood needs to rotate all over the floor. Not exactly his biggest stength.

He’s got to learn how to make an impact in these circumstances, for sure.
Like Reply
Luka needs to come out. Kidd asleep…
Like Reply
Luka playing on a bad wheel. Not moving well at all.
Like Reply
(01-05-2023, 08:22 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: He’s got to learn how to make an impact in these circumstances, for sure.

Celtics have the best record in the league for a reason. Thankfully there aren´t a lot of teams that can replicate what they are doing. I think Wood is far better than KP when it comes to iso/post up stuff because he is willing to play through contact. Also a better 3-point shooter. Doesn´t take a random guard or wing to take him out of the game. No shame to struggle against Horford or Smart.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply