Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 30: DAL (15-15) @ CLE (20-11) | 99-100 loss
Don´t get why Kidd didn´t put in Hardy for offense. Frank is a complete non-factor offensively. Can´t dribble under pressure and can´t shoot 9 out of 10 nights.
Like Reply
Fire Kidd ASAP!
Like Reply
wow, that one time Timmy had to shoot and he passed up the shot
Like Reply
Great effort. I didn't think they had a chance. Kemba was amazing but predictable and selfish at the end.
Like Reply
Terrible last shot by Wood, but he’s one of the main reasons this was even a game.
Like Reply
Great effort but hard to overcome having THJ on your team
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Uggghhh
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 10:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Terrible last shot by Wood, but he’s one of the main reasons this was even a game.

Bad shot for sure, but THJ put him in a bad spot and he should have taken the shot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • AgGiE1991
Like Reply
Should have called a timeout when THJ passed it to Wood and they were in trouble...but Kidd was probably too scared to draw up a play
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 10:49 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Great effort. I didn't think they had a chance. Kemba was amazing but predictable and selfish at the end.

Selfish??  Or the only late game “offense” Kidd has in his bag of nothing?

Kidd is making me completely apathetic about Mavs basketball. Well Kidd and the joke of a FO that put this steaming pile of a roster together. 

Good fight by a short handed group tonight.  Love the effort.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
This is one of those games, if you put in fresh legs in OT, you can probably win this comfortably. B2B, both fives played the whole 4th quarter already. At least our excuse is that we had no players left, though I´d at least have subbed Hardy in for the 99-100 possession with a minute left, instead of having Frankie out there.
Like Reply
Kidd WANTED Kemba to have all of those ISOs in OT. They don't run an offense, it's 90% 1 on 5 basketball, whether it is Luka, Dinwiddie, or now Kemba tonight
[-] The following 3 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41, Branduil, SleepingHero
Like Reply
so do they ever practice end-of-game scenarios in practice? 
seems like they never have any idea what's going on
Like Reply
Coaching staff expected Kemba to bail out the Mavs out of all the key possessions of the game.
We are paying a full coaching staff just to do this. Felt bad for Kemba.
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 10:52 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Kidd WANTED Kemba to have all of those ISOs in OT. They don't run an offense, it's 90% 1 on 5 basketball, whether it is Luka, Dinwiddie, or now Kemba tonight
As terrible as this roster is, Kidd is only making it worse.
Like Reply
Kidd really is the problem. It's really obvious. He consistently gets out coached.
Like Reply
Tim looking to shoot the 3. Had a open lane to the basket.
Speak up lurkers I'm here to observe. Smile
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 10:50 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Bad shot for sure, but THJ put him in a bad spot and he should have taken the shot.

I don’t know if I can agree with that. THJ ditched one defender with the pump fake and then two more closed out on him very aggressively. I thought he made the right pass, I just think Wood should have made one more pass.
Like Reply
Fun game.  Some really promising signs.  Kemba, wood and good defense.  Kemba needs playing time if this is anywhere close to what he has left.  He will fit in beautifully with other creators.  He looked in complete control out there.  With a spread court, he is going to cause problems.  Please tell me he was the plan all off-season.  I will be able to sleep much better.

What is the deal with McGee?  Make it stop.  

Hardaway is really frustrating to me.  I just feel like we could use his minutes better.  When he is good, he is good.  I found it interesting Cleveland attacked whoever Hardaway was guarding.  Hardaway competed hard but just leaves me wanting more.
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 10:52 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Kidd WANTED Kemba to have all of those ISOs in OT. They don't run an offense, it's 90% 1 on 5 basketball, whether it is Luka, Dinwiddie, or now Kemba tonight

Only other option would have been have to trust Hardy. With B2B 40 minutes in their legs do you want Wood, THJ or Bullock to put it on the floor? We saw what happened when Ntilikina tried. To be honest this is a moment, where I wish we had a young coach like Memphis, Utah or OKC. I think they just play the circumstances and run Hardy off a screen two or three times in a row and say: rookie make the shot. I bet he gets four open looks due to all the fatigue around him. He goes 1 of 4, we might win. He goes 2 of 4, we probably win. He goes 3 of 4, we definitely win.

We didn´t score for the last 4 1/2 minutes of OT.  Cry
Like Reply