Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 30: DAL (15-15) @ CLE (20-11) | 99-100 loss
Heart 
The Cleveland Cavaliers aim to continue their success at home and complete a season sweep of the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday when the clubs meet for the second time in four days.

Cleveland salvaged a split of its two-game trek through Texas with a 105-90 win in Dallas on Wednesday before rallying from 13 points down to post a 118-112 victory over Indiana on Friday. The latter triumph in the opener of a season-high six-game homestand improved the Cavaliers to 13-2 at home.

Donovan Mitchell followed up his 34-point performance versus the Mavericks by scoring 18 of his 41 points in the fourth quarter against the Pacers. He drained eight 3-pointers on Friday night, marking the 11th time this season that he has made at least five in a game.

Darius Garland is pretty good in his own right. He collected 20 points and 10 assists on Friday, marking the fourth time this season that he has reached those totals in a game.

Evan Mobley has provided an interior presence for Cleveland. He has averaged 17 points and 10.3 rebounds over his last four games while making 26 of 45 shots from the floor.

@"KillerLeft" Prediction (because the reverse jinx worked last night): Kidd will be forced to play Wood over 30 minutes again, and he will have an off night, getting confused about which end of the floor is which and scoring 42 points for the other team. Mavs lose a heart-breaker, 109-107. 

Like Reply
https://twitter.com/nba/status/1604155712329875457?s=46
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/mavspr/status/1604164863374270465?s=42&t=eC8i5_1X63ReTzZrAeaMGA

Weird that we’re just forfeiting these games
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Got to watch for JJ and Dirk.  Let the Hardy Party begin!
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 12:50 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: https://twitter.com/mavspr/status/1604164863374270465?s=42&t=eC8i5_1X63ReTzZrAeaMGA

Weird that we’re just forfeiting these games

Maybe we are secretly tanking. The play has been tank worthy, but several games have been given away this season by sitting players.
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 01:56 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Maybe we are secretly tanking. The play has been tank worthy, but several games have been given away this season by sitting players.

I'm surprised they are sitting both Luka and Din, but if there is time to give up a game to rest players it would be a road game against one of the best teams in the league on the second night of a back to back, especially if most of our front court is currently injured.  In fact I would almost argue this is an anti-tank move.  We need all hands on deck to win games, so if you are going to rest players, do it all at once so you can go full strength on the games you have a chance to win.
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 02:07 PM)mvossman Wrote: I'm surprised they are sitting both Luka and Din, but if there is time to give up a game to rest players it would be a road game against one of the best teams in the league on the second night of a back to back, especially if most of our front court is currently injured.  In fact I would almost argue this is an anti-tank move.  We need all hands on deck to win games, so if you are going to rest players, do it all at once so you can go full strength on the games you have a chance to win.

You are probably  correct, but they've also sat players in very winnable games that cost us games. I would prefer to have a chance. I miss the days when everyone played all 82 games unless truly hurt. I'm just not a fan of rest games.
Like Reply
More shots for THJ...he can carry them
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 02:21 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: You are probably  correct, but they've also sat players in very winnable games that cost us games. I would prefer to have a chance. I miss the days when everyone played all 82 games unless truly hurt. I'm just not a fan of rest games.

Agreed.  I think it may be indicative of the idea that they think if they just hang around the pack until a certain point in the season that they will be fine.  Anything in the top six with a favorable first round matchup and a healthy roster may trump being a top 2 seed and worn down with the teams below choosing whether they want to match up with you.

Most of the west appears to be doing this.  Should make for some interesting basketball the last 20-30 games as only so many teams can be 'top-6' (six actually).  It is a dangerous game if that is what they are doing.  But, if they are confident enough to do it, maybe they know something we are missing.

May have to watch a movie with the wife tonight and watch the recording later.
Like Reply
Wood and THJ's  usage rate just went up by a mile. Plenty of shots for those two.
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 02:21 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: You are probably  correct, but they've also sat players in very winnable games that cost us games. I would prefer to have a chance. I miss the days when everyone played all 82 games unless truly hurt. I'm just not a fan of rest games.

Especially this early
I don't think it really helps that much. Seems more helpful at the end of the year when there's more nagging injuries that could use an extra day of recovery
Like Reply
Aero (Finney-)Smith featuring Run D(avis) - M(cKinley) - C(hristian)

Walk(er) This Way

*goes into hiding* Confused 

Hope we see a lot of Kemba + Hardy + Wood together. I think they might be onto something there.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheKobeBeef/status/1604271668934975489?t=n5wvMF0zdmP8G4HHOIcAzQ&s=19
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 07:36 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheKobeBeef/status/1604271668934975489?t=n5wvMF0zdmP8G4HHOIcAzQ&s=19

I bet the folks in charge of that programing choice are thrilled Luka isn't playing.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/1604277309753757698?t=Pav3xrP-BvXYz1ub9r5tqg&s=19
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 07:51 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/1604277309753757698?t=Pav3xrP-BvXYz1ub9r5tqg&s=19

Seems impossible not to play either Hardy or Dorsey in this game.
Like Reply
What’s the reason NBA won’t get rid of back to backs? Season will be two weeks longer?

At this point, back to backs are bad for the players, the fans, the product…everyone.

I imagine someone in Cleveland saved for weeks or months to take their kid to see Luka play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Kemba Walker can still play. Too bad his knee sucks.

Ntilikina successfully held up against Allen in the post, one-on-one. Forced him to pass out. Crazy.
Like Reply
I’m sorry. I know Wood makes mental mistakes, but I think his defense is pretty GOOD when he’s locked in.
Like Reply
Looks like the reports on Frankie Smokes demise have been greatly exaggerated
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply