Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 137, Rockets 123
(11-25-2019, 11:06 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Yes, he does. 

I like Harp. He has a verbal tic that I find a little jarring -- not pronouncing the last consonant in some words. For example, "lef hand" and "absorbing contack." But that's pretty minor in the grand scheme. Compared to a lot of the other color commentators in the league, he's an All-Star. 

Heart

Whilst we’re on the topic of commentators, I wouldn’t say our crew is perfect. Followill is obviously the best in the business, Skin can be pretty irritating at times with his obscure references and “I’m so weird” schtick... seems like a genuinely good dude, though.

Then there’s Harp... he comes across as a bit grumpy and difficult to get along with, Skin and Followill are always trying to get him going, but he’s just not good at ‘riffing’... that being said, I probably like him more than most, I find his bumbling style compliments the game quite well...

Finally, we need more Shedd... “I’ve got a fever...”
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 01:30 AM)farhan583 Wrote: Wait, what?  When/why did Mak leave?
He was stripped of his mod status and then took his ball and went home.
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 11:29 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: The Knicks crazy overpaid for THJ in free agency, but partly because he was a legit good NBA player in Atlanta.    It just takes a while to detox the Knick experience out of players.    Both THJ and KP are finding their specific niches on this team, neither one were afforded specialized "roles" in New York, and both were required to play hero ball an inordinate amount.
 I think there is something to this.
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 07:44 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 01:30 AM)farhan583 Wrote: Wait, what?  When/why did Mak leave?
He was stripped of his mod status and then took his ball and went home.

Mak is still around. He hasn't posted in a while, but he has helped us report spam. So he is around. We still want him around, and we hope to see his posts again soon. 

We are working out Forum Rules for the whole board in the Mod group... once we work this out then we can move forward and always have a basis of rules to rely on for standards. 

Mak had his mod status temporarily removed/maybe permanently... I mean I don't know if he even wanted it initially as he said he didn't and then all that went down. We are working it out and we have no beef with Mak, and Mak is still helping this board with his spam reporting and so he is still an appreciated member.
Like Reply
fivethirtyeight.com says it's time to take the Mavs seriously!

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/luk...ously-too/
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 11:26 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Watching League Pass or in this case the Houston team on NBA TV consistently supports our TV team as All Stars. The Rockets team has the worst case of complaining about almost every call I have ever seen. It is symptomatic from the Public Relations office, to the GM, to the Coach, to their past stars on TV to their players. You do learn a few good bits of info from their team and they compliment the other team consistently well but they complain, complain, complain. It is quite sickening to watch, kind of like their team. 

Then their is Tommy Heinsohm for the Celtics. Their team would actually be good if he would shut up. He wins for most irritating and biased color man in the league....ie. the absolute worst out of 30.

This is 100% the most accurate assessment of the announcers I've ever read.

I mean its literally my thoughts just posted by another human before myself.

Excellent post.

Good Gawd Tommy Heinsohm is the worst ever! Lmao.
Like Reply
https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/2019/11...cic-shove/
Like Reply