Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 20: GSW (11-11) @ DAL (10-10) | 116-113 win
LUCKY.
Like Reply
Nice!
Like Reply
Dodged a bullet. Reasonably good contest, but what a great ATO!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
Someone tell Maxi and Dorian you shouldn't be playing for overtime with the lead.
Like Reply
Mental mistake by DFS then a defensive mistake to give up a wide open look. Mavs dodged one.  Took a Luka God mode game.
Like Reply
No way in hell would we ever get that clean of a look with 4 seconds left
I'm jealous
[-] The following 3 users Like Jym's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, Kammrath, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Well, I missed my typical pregame post, so since we won I’m in a bit of a predicament whether I need to change my habits up.
[-] The following 4 users Like DrMav's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav, Smitty
Like Reply
Good win and allowed Bullock to get some rest. He will be back in the starting lineup soon probably  Big Grin
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 10:07 PM)Jym Wrote: No way in hell would we ever get that clean of a look with 4 seconds left
I'm jealous

Agreed. ATO’s were good last season, but maybe that was Korkoskov because they’ve been yucky this year.
Like Reply
That last play of the game we got outcoached. Completely open for a 3, that should never happen.

Luka showing how terrific defender he is, it's one of main reasons we won this game. Josh Green needs many many more minutes. Green is starting to become a great fit along Luka.

Glad to see THJ getting his game back. It helps to be in starting lineup perhaps and getting better looks.
Like Reply
Great effort all night. That was not a typical November game by a mile.

That showed a ton of grit and heart. This entire world has been down bad on this team the past week and they came out wanting to show everyone they still belong with the big boys in the west and did it on the biggest stage they could find.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Lessons from tonight, in my opinion:

1) No McGee is better than some McGee 

2) Less Bricklock is a positive thing, especially since more Green

3) Hate him or not, Hardaway is a starter, imo. He has always played better with Luka, and if he’s going to be here they need to try to get his best. I honestly believe the best lineup this team has to offer right now is Luka/THJ/Green with some combo of DFS/Wood/Kleber.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • burekemde, dirkfansince1998, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, Smitty
Like Reply
There might be some hope. 27 minutes for Green (closed the game). Only 14 min for Bullock. McGee out of the rotation. THJ basically playing all of his minutes next to Luka.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost, Smitty
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 10:09 PM)burekemde Wrote: That last play of the game we got outcoached. Completely open for a 3, that should never happen.

I'm going to go with "probably most of the game", and not just the last play.
Like Reply
Player Power Rankings:

1.  Lunch Doncic
2.  Jaden Hardy
3.  Josh Green
4.  Kemba Walker
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 10:11 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Lessons from tonight, in my opinion:

1) No McGee is better than some McGee 

2) Less Bricklock is a positive thing, especially since more Green

3) Hate him or not, Hardaway is a starter, imo. He has always played better with Luka, and if he’s going to be here they need to try to get his best. I honestly believe the best lineup this team has to offer right now is Luka/THJ/Green with some combo of DFS/Wood/Kleber.

Yeah not sure if we win with Dinwiddie out there at the end
Guess more needed if the other team traps but in a game where Luka is played more heads-up then THJ and Green do make more sense to me
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 10:11 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I honestly believe the best lineup this team has to offer right now is Luka/THJ/Green with some combo of DFS/Wood/Kleber.

I really like the concept of Luka/Green/THJ/DFS/Wood, especially when THJ is shooting like he did tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Really fun game to watch tonight. From mid third quarter on we finally took away their layup parade! Yes! But look at the intense defensive effort it took. Luka may have been the most intense and effective defender of all.
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 10:30 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Really fun game to watch tonight. From mid third quarter on we finally took away their layup parade! Yes! But look at the intense defensive effort it took. Luka may have been the most intense and effective defender of all.

When Luka is locked in and a little pissed, he sure can play some quality D and that's even putting aside all the steals he got from reading passing lanes.  He had some great moments on ball.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Pretty sure I don't like the anti-Dinwiddie talk in the thread tonight.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • mvossman, Reunion Mav
Like Reply