Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+15, 12 pts, 10 rbds)
0%
0 0%
KP (+32, 23 pts, 13 rbds, 2 stls, 1 blk)
19.57%
9 19.57%
Luka (+21, 41 pts, 10 asts, 6 rbds, 2 stls)
19.57%
9 19.57%
THJ (+12, 31 pts, 5 asts, 4 rbds, 2 stls)
60.87%
28 60.87%
Maxi (+7, 11 pts)
0%
0 0%
Delon (9 pts, 5 asts, 4 rbds)
0%
0 0%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 16 DIRKIE: Winner THJ (60%) | Runner-up KP (20%) & Luka (20%)
(11-25-2019, 07:21 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Luka and KP (at the very least Luka)

Why would you think so? Luka scored a good 10 points over his average, so it is clear he elevated his game above normal. KP was efficient on offense and excellent defensively.
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 12:41 AM)iolide Wrote: We whooped that Rocket ass. Made my Sunday, guys
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 07:59 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 07:21 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Luka and KP (at the very least Luka)

Why would you think so? Luka scored a good 10 points over his average, so it is clear he elevated his game above normal. KP was efficient on offense and excellent defensively.

What do you think I said? 

Also, he was well below his rebounds and too high above his turnovers and right on with his assists. Elevating your game isn't just about scoring. My favorite play of the game was his block on Austin Rivers though, especially since we recovered it.
Like Reply
I will go out on a limb (strong oak) and say the Mavs will be undefeated when THJ scores 30 plus in a game this season. (when Luka and KP are playing)
Like Reply
Torn between KP and THJ.  Since I'm so hard on THJ most of the time, for good reason, I'll go ahead and give it to him.  Luka played like Luka--meaning he actually is an MVP candidate...but it's early yet.  Long season.
Like Reply
I gave it to THJ because his elevated game was perhaps the most surprising, yet it is his 3rd much improved game in a row. He has found something for sure. He is really that best Mav after Luka for wanting to take the shots. (Kleber and DFS also have really become much more reliable in this way as well). 

I want to give special praise to Rick for doing his job as he says by getting THJ into a place where he is at his best. Playing off of and deferring to Luka has been great for him and even greater for us. I know several on here requested he start before he did so good call there. THJ may just become our pretty good 3rd guy! 

I think the coaching staff and the players who are doing the adjusting are all doing some great work. Some of the guys are fitting in and contributing at their personal all time highs. They are stepping up and making good on the massive opportunities this Maverick team has for guys number 3-12. 

DFS, in my opinion, has make the biggest improvement. He totally has surprised me. Kleber has definitely stepped up so far beyond where we once thought he good be. THJ may be on his way to his best level of play ever. KP, though his expectations were already high, is doing very well adjusting and if not for Luka, would be the guy providing us hope. 

We have some guys who are not yet finding their way though they are all contributing and having bright spots. They include Seth Curry, Justin Jackson, Jalen Brunson and even Boban. I really like what Delon Wright brings to the game and I rate him kind of between the two groups. He still has quite a bit of fitting in to do but he has a lot of bright spots.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 07:21 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 05:54 AM)LukTheShadow Wrote: Have to admit I am a little confused. Dirkie was established (I don't know any more how fare ago) with a purpose.
If you were here for the moment it was established, and read the original reason for the Dirkie, you would not be confused. If you had read the debate on this board about what the Dirkie was supposed to be and about what it will be going forward, you would not be confused. Heck, even the first post of each of these threads has explained how the Dirkie has changed and with that, you should not be confused.

(11-24-2019, 08:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Who was the "player of the game" who elevated their game above normal to help the team secure the win?

There should be no confusion. Technically, if we were going by the original definition of the Dirkie, Luka and KP (at the very least Luka) would not be on the poll to vote for at all and we should technically call it the Lukie or Lukstapsie.

I agree with all, I was around when Dirkie was discussed on this board as well on 247S.
It was in September here I believe. Normality has changed a little since.
I just shared my thoughts, no bad feelings, but I am staying with what I wrote.
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 03:21 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 07:21 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 05:54 AM)LukTheShadow Wrote: Have to admit I am a little confused. Dirkie was established (I don't know any more how fare ago) with a purpose.
If you were here for the moment it was established, and read the original reason for the Dirkie, you would not be confused. If you had read the debate on this board about what the Dirkie was supposed to be and about what it will be going forward, you would not be confused. Heck, even the first post of each of these threads has explained how the Dirkie has changed and with that, you should not be confused.

(11-24-2019, 08:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Who was the "player of the game" who elevated their game above normal to help the team secure the win?

There should be no confusion. Technically, if we were going by the original definition of the Dirkie, Luka and KP (at the very least Luka) would not be on the poll to vote for at all and we should technically call it the Lukie or Lukstapsie.

I agree with all, I was around when Dirkie was discussed on this board as well on 247S.
It was in September here I believe. Normality has changed a little since.
I just shared my thoughts, no bad feelings, but I am staying with what I wrote.

True, just don't include Luka in the poll, Porzingis is different, he isn't far better than the rest right now.
Like Reply
I like the Dirkie how it is. I think Luka should be in the poll for sure. I think Kam's description in the OP is a perfect explanation.
Like Reply
Luka raised his game above the norm when I expected below the norm due to reffing on the road and the quality of the opposition. 

THJ, on the other hand, I expected to suck brutally. Instead he totally rocked it. Can’t imagine him playing better. Defensively too. I’m just astonished. And there’s no way I’d pick LD's brilliant 4th Q or KP's brilliant defense over THJ's mother of all surprises.
Like Reply
Imagine what Luka has done to me: I found his play worse than his usual play this season.
Like Reply